Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Jeez the anti vax movement are out in force on twatter spreading Russian propaganda, some unbelievably dumb people in the world. Shame they won't get to live under his rule.

Why would Norway import gas when they have their own sources?

It could be for logistic reasons. Norway has massive reserves but they don't necessarily exploit it or have the ability to exploit it as quickly as demands require. It's a bit like every neighbours of France, they all produce their own energy but during peaks they also all purchase electricity from France.

Do we know what the plan was ? Any leak docs with putin signature detailing the objective that have to met within a certain timeline.

War101 - Every side is winning the war until the moment they're not. Have you forgotten baghdad bob ? :lol:

You seem disappointed which is odd

It could be for logistic reasons. Norway has massive reserves but they don't necessarily exploit it or have the ability to exploit it as quickly as demands require. It's a bit like every neighbours of France, they all produce their own energy but during peaks they also all purchase electricity from France.
Thanks.

What? This seems incredible strange. No Germany? And Norway in the top 5? Nah. Not true.

It's about exports. Keep in mind that the routes aren't necessarily direct. It's possible that Germany purchases Russian gas from other sources. In fact that would be a very good reason behind the desire to have a direct pipeline from Russia to Germany.

We exploit it good/fast enough to be the third largest exporter in the world, and we barely have any need for gas ourselves. Like, at all. We’re 99% hydro, and don’t need gas for heating or cooking.

Have just read that Turkey has closed the straits for Russian military ships. Can anyone confirm from a reliable source?

It’s so obvious British airways have been cyber attacked by the Russians or Chinese, seems we spout bullshit too.

They are a business that can say what they want. Its normal, the small company I work for went with "IT issues" when we got taken down multiple times a few years ago.

Have just read that Turkey has closed the straits for Russian military ships. Can anyone confirm from a reliable source?

Its being quoted all over, looks to be true, just waiting for a mainstream news source to confirm it I guess.

Wonder if this breaches that Black Sea treaty which states they have to let ships return to port...

I can confirm that one of the large FAANG companies (no names but it is on top 10) has been having a massive cybernetic attack in the last two days. I have no idea why, though hard to think that it is not Russian related.

Ive certainly been able to add a few names to the ignore list from this thread. A few clear Putin apologists here and there - my only conclusion is that they must be getting paid by the Kremlin.

A word of advice though fellas, make sure you are getting your paychecks in dollars, not rubles.

Ive certainly been able to add a few names to the ignore list from this thread. A few clear Putin apologists here and there - my only conclusion is that they must be getting paid by the Kremlin.

A word of advice though fellas, make sure you are getting your paychecks in dollars, not rubles.
And not via swift .

Its being quoted all over, looks to be true, just waiting for a mainstream news source to confirm it I guess.

Wonder if this breaches that Black Sea treaty which states they have to let ships return to port...
There should be some certain exceptions for special cases. If Turkey does that, it is huge.

In 2019, the top 5 was Italy, Japan, Belarus, Norway and Slovakia.

Not sure what your sources are, but these are the numbers from Gazprom in 2020.

1. Netherlands
2. Germany
3. Italy
4. Turkey
5. France

Norway not even in the top 13 (as expected). Neither are Japan.
aNxczCB.png

All those who believe that Putin could level Ukrainian cities through heavy bombardment are in the wrong. Putler still calls this an operation. If we start seeing total distructions, it won't be only about NATO anymore. USA, UK, and other countries will intervene. It is a horrific war, but thus far Putler seems to be doing much worse than expected.
Is there any factual basis to your bold statements or is it purely your personal opinion?

Jeez the anti vax movement are out in force on twatter spreading Russian propaganda, some unbelievably dumb people in the world. Shame they won't get to live under his rule.

Why would someone brainwashed into anti-vax co-incidently be pro-russian? There is no link. When you get accounts that are anti-vax, anti-max, Qannon AND spread generally unrelated pro-russian progaganda - These are Russian bots/trolls/operations/etc, these are not genuine people.

That also goes for Fox News/OANN/GBN, etc.

As far as I know and although being quite good customers, of all of Germany's used energy, gas is around 10%.

Wonder how they would stop Russia sailing through... Not sure I can see them sinking a Russian war ship... And if they do then who knows how quick it escalates

Why would someone brainwashed into anti-vax co-incidently be pro-russian? There is no link. When you get accounts that are anti-vax, anti-max, Qannon AND spread generally unrelated pro-russian progaganda - These are Russian bots/trolls/operations/etc, these are not genuine people.

Russian trolls started the anti-vax campaign on Europe (for no particular reason except fecking with EU), which ironically backfired at home and Russians became the most vaccine sceptic country on Europe.

Questions, 1. Surely this attack will start a new nuclear arms race between those countries that border russia. If ukraine actually had nukes of its own would russia have attacked?

2. There will be more desire from those countries to join NATO, as it then gives them a level of protection against russian aggression?

Everyday people buy into it and spread it even further. I do not understand it, I know we have a lot of politicians who are fecked in the head and a tad cnutish, but to hero worship Putin is just off the scales of logic.

Is there any factual basis to your bold statements or is it purely your personal opinion?
There could be no factual basis as nothing like this has happened in Europe and done by Russia. I have explained already, if crimes against humanity take place, it is not about NATO anymore. Moreover, NATO are already supplying arms openly. Most of the EU countries are closing their airspace for Russian aircrafts. Remember what Putin said? Whoever hinders his operation, will be punished. Well arms from NATO allies are killing his army right now. Russia will be disconnected from SWIFT sharply. He will not go nuclear. It is his certain death. Absolutely no chance he survives. He will chicken out.

Everyday people buy into it and spread it even further. I do not understand it, I know we have a lot of politicians who are fecked in the head and a tad cnutish, but to hero worship Putin is just off the scales of logic.

Its very effective, same reason companies spend so much on marketing :O

Russian intelligence take it to the next level.

It’s funny how these things go. I’ve got a Facebook friend who‘s posted non stop about Covid being a hoax for two years, then the other day Russia weren’t really invading but just protecting themselves and now it’s just Putin’s just trying to save his people from genocide commited by the US-Ukraine cabal.