Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Russia continues their grain terrorism and blackmail. Anyone who considers to ease Russian sanctions in order for them to return to the grain deal, is a Russian accomplice at this point.

Russian reserves running on fumes. They have to send their reserves 3 months in advance to the front. The next big mobilization wave is just a matter of time.

Because he wants more?

If he's really producing seven times more ammo than the West combined why does he need more? It's not a freebie remember, he's having to give up satellite technology and whatever else for this.

Russian reserves running on fumes. They have to send their reserves 3 months in advance to the front. The next big mobilization wave is just a matter of time.

Unfortunately, they only need to hold out for another month, if US assessment is correct, before weather comes to their aid.

I'm not so sure about this as the tweet lacks the Russian perspective. And according to Russians Luhansk is part of Russia, so if they move those people to Luhansk they still are not deploying them to Ukraine. Nothing to see here, everything going according to plan ;)

If he's really producing seven times more ammo than the West combined why does he need more? It's not a freebie remember, he's having to give up satellite technology and whatever else for this.
Because maybe the West will increase their production?

Because maybe the West will increase their production?
In the end it doesn't even matter. Ammo itself is useless, you need guns to use it and you need to get it there. Ukraine has become very effective at hunting down artillery systems and logistic hubs, especially using (HI)MARS. The longer this keeps going the harder it will become for Russia to supply the frontline.

Weekly update on German deliveries:

So mostly a bit of ammunition and as standout 20 Marder IFV. Which interestingly seems to be the only Ukrainian IFV that still wasn't lost yet in action. Probably a coincidence but nonetheless nice to know.

So mostly a bit of ammunition and as standout 20 Marder IFV. Which interestingly seems to be the only Ukrainian IFV that still wasn't lost yet in action. Probably a coincidence but nonetheless nice to know.

Ukraine still keeps some newly formed brigades in reserve. We didn't see most of the Leopard 2 A4s in action either. They are waiting for a breakthrough to drive a steel hammer deep into Russian-occupied territory.

Unfortunately, they only need to hold out for another month, if US assessment is correct, before weather comes to their aid.

Because cold, wet and muddy trenches are going to benefit Russia? Personally I'm not sure "mud season" is going to be the benefit to Russia that some US journalists are hoping for.

Because cold, wet and muddy trenches are going to benefit Russia? Personally I'm not sure "mud season" is going to be the benefit to Russia that some US journalists are hoping for.

And logistics and supply-lines have hardly been Russia's specialty so far. Winter will stretch them further.

No, but muddy roads do hamper vehicle movement, so unless you want ukrainians to kamikaze charge those trenches, it is going to benefit russians. They're about to mobilise another several hundred thousand troops and keep expanding on their existing fortifications.

No, but muddy roads do hamper vehicle movement, so unless you want ukrainians to kamikaze charge those trenches, it is going to benefit russians. They're about to mobilise another several hundred thousand troops and keep expanding on their existing fortifications.
But it can’t be the same stalemate as last year with the long range weapons now in play surely?

Well, things are slow enough moving already that it may not make a huge difference.

Ukraine still keeps some newly formed brigades in reserve.
True, but Marder were reportedly on the front, used by the same brigade that lost a Challenger 2. So I guess they just have been lucky.

But it can’t be the same stalemate as last year with the long range weapons now in play surely?

My limited understanding of this war is that it doesn't matter what you hit (long/short) if then you can't keep it on the ground. So the stalemate is a given as no troop will be able to advance sufficiently to strategically hold any terrain

Long range weapons help with taking out command centers, or Sevastopol shipyard, etc.. They won't launch storm shadow, atacms, taurus, scalp or you name it at a trench, and that's what ultimately is what's holding counteroffensive back.
That's why these toblerone lines for russians have sort of been working, they slow down vehicles, to a point where they can be picked off by artillery or ATGM, then infantry needs to either retreat or carry on without armored support. And attritional infantry v infantry battle will work in russian favour.
If russia get let's say from november to june again to reinforce, there's going to be a lot more toblerones, a lot more trenches, a lot more minefields.

Long range weapons help with taking out command centers, or Sevastopol shipyard, etc.. They won't launch storm shadow, atacms, taurus, scalp or you name it at a trench, and that's what ultimately is what's holding counteroffensive back.
That's why these toblerone lines for russians have sort of been working, they slow down vehicles, to a point where they can be picked off by artillery or ATGM, then infantry needs to either retreat or carry on without armored support. And attritional infantry v infantry battle will work in russian favour.
If russia get let's say from november to june again to reinforce, there's going to be a lot more toblerones, a lot more trenches, a lot more minefields.

Toblerones sounds more delicious than dragonteeth

"Now Bellingcat shows how court filings prove Boneface was making up those claims promoted by Loomer."

Something I never thought I'd read in this thread. Or any other thread. Ever.

I wish someone had the balls to tell him to shut up

I'd simply make a policy of increasing Ukrainian support for every new threat in Russian state television. 10 Storm Shadows for the threat of blowing up British facilities.

Big Russian losses yesterday again. Apart from the landing ship and submarine (new category :lol:) , they've also lost 42 artillery systems, 15 tanks, 18 APVs.

F596NqhWwAAVxrA

Last edited:

Loads of companies and billionaires going around sanctions, but yeah, lets focus on random nobodies.

I get this weird vibe from twitter that if ukraine began bombing russian civilians half the people there would cheer and justify it somehow.

The way Ukraine are going after Russia's S-300/400 systems, makes you think they have some plans for their air-force.