Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

It actually crossed my mind, that he cut a deal to save face with Putin in exchange of his entire operation so he can quietly retire on a remote island with a couple of billions.

And what does Putin get out of it? Do you really think Putin loved Prigozhin and wanted him alive? Now everyone thinks that Putin killed him... but actually Putin had so much love for Progozhin that he could not really kill him, Putin only managed to destroy the plane and the pilots, he wanted Prigozhin alive and well, having fun in the sun for the rest of his life.

You come for the king, you best not miss. Russia is just a gangster state now - this could be a plot line from Breaking Bad or The Wire. But surely Putin knows that someone will eventually do the same to him one day?

Not his biggest fan, far from it, but feck him.

Didn't like him as whole, maybe he is better in little bits.

In an alternate reality he is now the defacto leader of Russia and is either securing peace with Ukraine-NATO or nuking the world.

What a terrible accident, I hope there is a full and thorough investigation.

They should contact Richard Arnold. He's fantastic at investigating

Putin in his sick mafia mind wanted probably to show everyone what happens if you challenge him. Tea or open window isn't his answer to open rebellion, he had to show strength. The question now is, was Prigozhin on board or did he manage to fool Russian intelligence. If he was on board, then the recent Africa video was fake as I assumed.
In any case, just another example what kind of a mafia state Russia is.

Until there’s a body, I’ll remain slightly sceptical, despite this potentially being an obvious show of strength from Putin.

Shame that Girkin didn’t go this way, as that would have been poetic justice.

It would be very nice for Ukraine if this leads to new unrests inside Russia. Wagner is quite popular in the eyes of the public and all they need would be either a new leader to summon them, or Prigozhin himself again if he wasn't on that plane.

Probably something Putin started planning the second the convoy turned around and went back to Ukraine.