Rugby World Cup 2015 | Reminiscing Thread

Reigning World Champions & previous finalists vs Consecutive 6 Nations Champs who have never won a QF??

NZ have only won two world cups despite very obviously being the best rugby nation and team for the vast, vast, vast majority of that time (and by some distance too). If they performed to expectations then nobody should even be near them in that sense, yet they repeatedly failed to do that when the world cups came around. Don't think Ireland are even close to matching them in terms of underachievement.

NZ have only won two world cups despite very obviously being the best rugby nation and team for the vast, vast, vast majority of that time (and by some distance too). If they performed to expectations then nobody should even be near them in that sense, yet they repeatedly failed to do that when the world cups came around. Don't think Ireland are even close to matching them in terms of underachievement.

No team has won more than 2 World Cups though?

I understand where you're coming from. They're both probably the biggest underachievers in their relative hemispheres.

There has been only 7 world cups though.

No team has won more than 2 World Cups though?

I understand where you're coming from. They're both probably the biggest underachievers in their relative hemispheres.

No team has won more than two but no team comes near NZ in terms of de facto dominance. Before their last WC win (at home) there was an argument for them being one of the greatest underachievers in the history of sport, let alone rugby.

But yeah, Ireland have obviously underachieved too. I think circumstances this time are less jarring than they were in previous years though.

New Zealand has never won one away from home and the fact they hold the record with Australia and England shows how much they've underachieved.

They hold the record with South Africa and Australia. And South Africa and Australia are historically very strong nations.

My mistake.

Either way neither us nor the boks have been anywhere near the All Blacks over the 28 odd years. Just look at the Tri Nations results.

The All Blacks are the most regular team which explain their Tri Nations results, but Australia and South Africa have been some years better than them which explains the World Cups results.

Just got back and can't believe the scoreline. Fairplay Scotland! It would be amazing if they could somehow pull it out.

One of the all time great encounters.. had the chance to get tickets for this as well fml

It was a great performance from Scotland, they made us proud.

Was that a penalty for Australia ? Dutch commentators said it wasn't.