Round of 16 | France vs Belgium | Portugal vs Slovenia

Oh no! Who on earth could've seen this coming?

The boring part was guaranteed but I wasn't sold on France winning. At least your suffering has ended, we still have to watch this lot play one more game.

Has to be one of the most anti climactic stoppage times I've seen. The Belgians were quiet like it was the 60th minute and their players also barely showed any urgency to go forward and score, other than Doku. Even Casteels didn't come forward for the last corner or even after that, what the feck was he staying back for?! Can't blame the fans though, maybe most of them slept.

Such a horrible game. Deschamps is a disgrace of a manager for what he does with this French squad.

France have not scored in open play for 377 minutes of football.

2 (O.G) and 1 Penalty :lol:

I'm surprised at no Trossard
One of the best impact sub of the season and he gets CDK on...Weird one. One more tournament of absolute feck all for Belgium, as is tradition.

Sorry for your loss - I think it was closer than you and many people thought. Fair play to them after their previous games.
I'm not sorry. We had a our chance to put ourselves in the more favourable half of the tournament and we wasted it by being utter cowards. We never stood any chance against France, however close the result might seem. Deep down (or not even that deep) us Belgians know we will simply never beat France at a tournament. We don't have it in us.

People think England are bad, but France are in the quarters having been gifted two own goals and a penalty. They still haven’t scored from open play.

Watching the game , I thought it was inevitable . They might not excite , but they are strong . Disappointed with Belgium .

Deserved for cowardly wasting time against Ukraine when a win will get them an easy path. I know most here don't rate Martinez, but this Belgium coach is miles worse.

This Euros has been poor.

That brings an end to the Belgium golden generation surely. They never achieved anything.

Watching the game , I thought it was inevitable . They might not excite , but they are strong . Disappointed with Belgium .

I was only half watching but it was like watching a PL team cruise to a win against a league one minnow.

Confident either Portugal or Spain/Germany in the semis will beat them
They gobble up the pitch like no other team in the competition. Even playing like shit, they collectively swarm and the pace, power and size is just a massive obstacle - neither Spain nor Germany will look fancy vs them, imo.

The boring part was guaranteed but I wasn't sold on France winning. At least your suffering has ended, we still have to watch this lot play one more game.
Feck you :lol:

One of the best impact sub of the season and he gets CDK on...Weird one. One more tournament of absolute feck all for Belgium, as is tradition.
Yeah, it felt like he scored every time he came on as a sub for you this season. I haven't really watched Belgium so I guess he just must have been terrible for them.

Euro 2024 so far:
- OG is king (has more goals than all the top strikers together)
- The worst coaches/managers I can remember
- Players are tired and some don't bother when they are losing

Yeah, that defense & midfield is solid. The whole game plan is to be solid & get a goal from somewhere as they seriously lack any creativity.

I think Euros being poor is also because some of the best squads are being managed by horrible managers. Germany, Swiss, Austria and Spain have been playing great football so it's not as if every team has been poor. Just that some of the ones people expect to be better have been bad.

They gobble up the pitch like no other team in the competition. Even playing like shit, they collectively swarm and the pace, power and size is just a massive obstacle - neither Spain nor Germany will look fancy vs them, imo.
Yeah pretty much it. People just see them and think they're bad because they have some sort of expectation that they should be doing a lot better with the names they have but they're so hard to play against and break down. They've only conceded a penalty in 4 games and Belgium other than a chance in the first 10-15 mins were limited to shots from distance all game.

Duel monsters all over the pitch