Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Palmer was probably the substitution that turned the tide for England. If Southgate doesn't know his best XI after this...

I don't think there was anything that turned the tide other than a wonder goal in the last minute.

England weren't creating any chances even after Palmer came in and it wasn't looking likely that they would.

England need to go…

Walker - Stones - Dunk (lol) - Saka
Palmer - Bellingham - Rice - Gordon
Toney - Kane

Let Kane drop as much as he wants and give teams something to think about. Creativity on the right, pace down the left.

Might as well go for it, not winning it with current set up.

England players should run away from Southgate instead of forming a circle around him.... His tactical knowledge can only harm them

Hopefully an open bottle too, because likely I have to give a shit about these clowns for another game at least now and I genuinely don't know how to feel about it.

I have a three bottle policy. The first few come from the best one..as the savouring lessens and the bullshit increases we drop a level. And the last 8 absolutely unnecessary whiskeys come from the cheapest bottle.

Palmer was probably the substitution that turned the tide for England. If Southgate doesn't know HIS best XI after this...

Of course he does its Pickford, Walker, Stones, Guehi, Trippier, Rice, Trent, Saka, Bellingham, Foden, Kane.

Their manager gambled and lost.

A lot of their players were dropping down around 70th minute, two of their best players are 37 so he had to get fresh legs on and not like Slovakia will have great quality on the bench.

A sliced clearance that lead to another throw in right by the corner flag and that's basically knocked them out. Sport is very harsh sometimes but that's why we love it.

Why push for a third to kill it off when you can defend and pray you don’t concede.

we had that two minutes against slovenia when we passed the ball well, and those two minutes against slovakia. what more do people want?

Passing the ball around is for little kids at a park. 2 big lads on up front, ball in the box, bosh.

Palmer really does need to start next match, just a bit more daring from him and that's is so badly needed in this side.

Those defensive subs would make an equaliser quite funny.

To be fair, if that Kocku dude had gotten more of the 19 yellow cards he deserved, it would probably have been over sooner.

Back to 4-2-3-1 then. Better hope Slovakia don’t score because there isn’t much creativity in the centre now.

Dreadful that last 10 minutes.. so so poor.

Palmer has brought some proper dynamism. End product has been mixed but he’s electric. Needs to start every game from here.

This system at the moment is dysfunctional, needs some control in midfield. God knows why he’s brought Wharton if he won’t play him. Such a pathetic manager, no faith in his squad.

Edit - Right he’s brought on Gallagher. Not what I’d have done but at least Kane is off. Was literally not moving.

Here's where slab head has had great success with England. Sitting on leads. Heading everything away.