Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

I for one am shocked that a Crystal Palace player doesn’t look great in knock out international football. This team has holes all over the place.

Guehi had enough, big fault for that goal.

Bemused at so many saying he's played well this tournament, looks bang average.
Thank god someone else thinks it, I've been getting pelters for suggesting it.

Why did stones need to go for that header when there was already a defender on it. Awful

Honestly, probably because there's no cohesion between those two. In reality, it's the same everywhere on the pitch. It's just not fluid. There's no understanding between players, no matter how good they seemingly are for their clubs.

Can't play out the back to save our life. Mainoo and Rice don't get the ball quick enough and the players in front of them don't show for the ball.

Early days but shades of Iceland in 2016. The ‘easy’ draw straight out of the groups where you probably expect the other team to sit in and hope for the best, but they end up taking the game to you and beating England with an element of ease.

Slovakia will tire and the press will die down. This will be England's chance. But to look like this is unforgivable.

fecking John Stones, the feck are you doing. Southgate has royally fecked us with his horrendous tactics and shoehorning of players into positions they aren't natural in. Stupid cnut.

Funny how knocking the ball around between stones and Guehi for 4 games hasn’t looked threatening.

I didn't see an early goal for Slovakia. The rest of this half will be interesting.

So much aswell for England can't do anything against bus parkers and will be better when teams actually come and attack them....

I hope this wakes Southgate up to do what he knows needs to be done. Palmer and Gordon on. Do it before half time.

Slovakia need to keep pushing now, if they go into protect mode that will suit England, but they have been so dangerous on the break they have to keep offering a threat.

England players getting booed now with this sideway passing across the back. What the feck is this they are serving up.

We get the easiest route ever and about to fail the first hurdle.

Remarkably similar to our season. Where nothing changes but there an expectancy that the issues will magically fix themselves

We have zero idea how to even progress the ball, it's shambolic really.

This is shaping up to be the tournament of the underdogs considering some of the results already seen in the tournament