Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

I really hope EtH doesn't start with Lindelof or Evans etc. at LB for this one. Surely a chance for Amass to show if he is ready to step in as Shaw's backup.

I really hope EtH doesn't start with Lindelof or Evans etc. at LB for this one. Surely a chance for Amass to show if he is ready to step in as Shaw's backup.
Expect Lindelof to start as CB together with Maguire.

Onana

Wan Bissaka
Lindelof
Maguire
Amass

Casemiro
Collyer
Mount

Rashford
Wheatley
Antony

Amad, Hannibal, Sancho and a couple more youngsters on at half time.

For me, preseason is all about new signings and youth players. Looking forward to seeing Amass, Williams and Wheatley. Collyer will be an interesting one. Sort of like Kambwala, a player I had almost forgot about for a year, but EtH anointed him as next up, with his cup final, youth whispers.

Other than that, Mount feels like a new signing considering he played about 750 minutes for us. Also hoping to see something of a positive shift with Rashford as well

CONFIRMED TRAVELLING SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS

Elyh Harrison
Dermot Mee
Radek Vitek

DEFENDERS

Harry Amass
Sonny Aljofree
Rhys Bennett
Jonny Evans
Will Fish
Louis Jackson
Sam Murray
Habeeb Ogunneye
Maximillian Oyedele
Aaron Wan-Bissaka

MIDFIELDERS
Casemiro
Toby Collyer
Jack Fletcher
Hannibal
Samuel Mather
Mason Mount
James Scanlon
Ethan Williams

FORWARDS
Ethan Ennis
Joe Hugill
Marcus Rashford
Ethan Wheatley

Interesting that Onana, Amad, Hojlund, Lindelof, Antony, Gore, and from youngsters McAllister, Lacey are not in the squad. I guess injuries for some of them are reason, not sure for all.

That's lots more of a non-game than I thought it would be. Basically a game for the youngsters and something that's better than a day of training for the first team players.

Interesting that Onana, Amad, Hojlund, Lindelof, Antony, Gore, and from youngsters McAllister, Lacey are not in the squad. I guess injuries for some of them are reason, not sure for all.
Is he back yet? I would think he'd still be on holiday.

Hojlund's absence makes sense given he was playing in the Euro's.

Shame that neither Amad or Antony are travelling for the RW spot. But I'm hoping to see Ethan Williams get a decent opportunity. Same with Hannibal, Wheatley, Amass, Harrison and Collyer.

Hojlund's absence makes sense given he was playing in the Euro's.

Shame that neither Amad or Antony are travelling for the RW spot. But I'm hoping to see Ethan Williams get a decent opportunity. Same with Hannibal, Wheatley, Amass, Harrison and Collyer.
yes, I forgot on Denmark in Euro, and that Eriksen is still with us :)

Looking forward to seeing Collyer play. That's about it as far my excitement with this one goes.

Do we know why it’s only the English lads and Casemiro? Amad, lindelof and Antony make this squad a lot more competitive.

I do not expect a lot from Collyer judging by his U21 performances. I am more interested to see Amass playing against big boys, also Fish after two good seasons on loan, and Wheatley and Williams upfront, after both had excellent seasons.

@Ekeke I've seen him in the under 21s occassionally but apparently he's supposed to be next up so just keen to see how he gets on in pre-season.

Would like to see how Scanlon fits in at senior club level given his recent international experience.

@Ekeke I've seen him in the under 21s occassionally but apparently he's supposed to be next up so just keen to see how he gets on in pre-season.

He's the least exciting of our midfielders in that selection, the most bare bones technique, sideways passing and running midfielder. He's the most defensive of the youngsters there but isnt that good at it.

Scanlon has some good final balls especially his crossing, Jack Fletcher has much better passing range and more technical skill and Mather has the technical skills to go past players and bend the ball in the top corner or play a teammate in. Collyer looks worse than midfielders who have left us to play in League 1 like Joe Rothwell. Devaney, Curley and McAllister all look better in those deeper midfield roles than him. So yeah... He was rated when we signed him but doesnt look like he's improved from when he left their under 18s. Not convincing at under 21 level.

GOALKEEPERS

Elyh Harrison
Dermot Mee
Radek Vitek

DEFENDERS
Harry Amass
Sonny Aljofree
Rhys Bennett
Jonny Evans
Will Fish
Louis Jackson
Sam Murray
Habeeb Ogunneye
Maximillian Oyedele
Aaron Wan-Bissaka

MIDFIELDERS
Casemiro
Toby Collyer
Jack Fletcher
Hannibal
Samuel Mather
Mason Mount
James Scanlon
Ethan Williams

FORWARDS
Ethan Ennis
Joe Hugill
Marcus Rashford
Ethan Wheatley

Weaker squad than I was expecting. Won't be surprised if we lose this one given the goalkeeper and defensive options. Confused why Onana and Amad aren't there. Interested to see if Fish looks better after his loan spells.

Anyway, now that one depressing mess is over, back to this depressing mess.

Any info on Lacey? Is he unavailable or EtH doesn't rate him (yet) for this pre-season?

Why are their so many missing? We're hardly picking up injuries already.

Rosenborg doing poor in the eliteserien they got smashed 4-1 in the league on Friday

GOALKEEPERS

Elyh Harrison
Dermot Mee
Radek Vitek

DEFENDERS
Harry Amass
Sonny Aljofree
Rhys Bennett
Jonny Evans
Will Fish
Louis Jackson
Sam Murray
Habeeb Ogunneye
Maximillian Oyedele
Aaron Wan-Bissaka

MIDFIELDERS
Casemiro
Toby Collyer
Jack Fletcher
Hannibal
Samuel Mather
Mason Mount
James Scanlon
Ethan Williams

FORWARDS
Ethan Ennis
Joe Hugill
Marcus Rashford
Ethan Wheatley

Hojlund's season ended two weeks ago so I expect we will see him back in the next week. Very short summer for some of them

He's the least exciting of our midfielders in that selection, the most bare bones technique, sideways passing and running midfielder. He's the most defensive of the youngsters there but isnt that good at it.

Scanlon has some good final balls especially his crossing, Jack Fletcher has much better passing range and more technical skill and Mather has the technical skills to go past players and bend the ball in the top corner or play a teammate in. Collyer looks worse than midfielders who have left us to play in League 1 like Joe Rothwell. Devaney, Curley and McAllister all look better in those deeper midfield roles than him. So yeah... He was rated when we signed him but doesnt look like he's improved from when he left their under 18s. Not convincing at under 21 level.

Yeah really weird that some Collyer hype has started based on nothing really.

Joe Rothwell actually has had quite a respectable career eventually. A good Championship midfield player and has even been playing decent PL-football.

Him and Ben Pearson were fun to watch in the academy.

Shouldn’t this be in the Matchday forum? Or is that only for non-friendly games?

Would have liked to see a bit stronger squad with Onana and Amad. If they swap all 11 at half time it's pretty much gonna be U21 playing.

Nice to see Ruud in red. Interesting that Berrada, Wilcox, Ashworth are all there, and SJR's yacht Sherpa is docked there as well.