Romelu Lukaku | Napoli watch

And the energy consumption of a pro footballer in full training is a little different to your average caftard.

True but I don't think that I compared him to the average caftard and I suspect that the average caftard eat too much so Lukaku would win that one anyway. You mentioned Phelps and I made the point that Phelps like most swimmers, consume an awful lot of calories which is pretty much the only point to make because how much you are supposed to eat depends on how much you are supposed to consume. Among athletes footballers aren't at the top of the "eaters" list due to the very nature of the game.

True but I don't think that I compared him to the average caftard and I suspect that the average caftard eat too much so Lukaku would win that one anyway. You mentioned Phelps and I made the point that Phelps like most swimmers, consume an awful lot of calories which is pretty much the only point to make because how much you are supposed to eat depends on how much you are supposed to consume. Among athletes footballers aren't at the top of the "eaters" list due to the very nature of the game.

I brought up Bolt and his chicken nuggets as a reasonable comparison.

I then mentioned Phelps as a jokey response to the poster who said he was left "shaking" at the sight of Lukaku eating some chips.

Lukaku: scored a penalty, missed another relatively easy chance. Nothing has changed. It was the right decision to move him on, but it was wrong not to replace him.

I mentioned Phelps as a jokey response to the poster who said he was left "shaking" at the sight of Lukaku eating some chips.

I see, fair enough. But how am I supposed to make the link with that post Duffer, how? :nono:

He still has a bad first touch and misses chances but he sure showed our players how to score a penalty.

It will depend on what sort of regime they’re on. Footballers will need to put away a decent amount of calories just to maintain weight during a busy season and we know Lukaku deliberately bulked up for the WC. So the video which traumatised a caftard wasn’t even remotely strange or unusual in that context.

I see, fair enough. But how am I supposed to make the link with that post Duffer, how? :nono:

By reading the thread! My post (that you quoted) was only a few below the one I was referring to.

I understand that given the quality, insight and overall greatness of my contributions on this website, the temptation must there to just go straight my posts but you should give them all a chance.

By reading the thread! My post (that you quoted) was only a few below the one I was referring to.

I understand that given the quality, insight and overall greatness of my contributions on this website, the temptation must there to just go straight my posts but you should give them all a chance.

:lol: That's fair, I will give other posters a try.

It’s potentially both. However - players have to take responsible for their own fitness at the basic level - Lukuku didn’t and hasn’t. He himself said he piled on the weight for the WC, how is that the fault of the club, that’s on the player. Utd May well have helped facilitate that, by not dealing with it when it became a problem, but it’s a problem Lukuku created himself.

Lukuku is a very articulate man, but he’s someone who will clearly blame anyone but himself for his own basic failings. He’s complete lack of fitness shows how unprofessional he has been, and he’s responsible for that.

Well yes I was going to say both but ultimately it's the club. Most players stay trim and goes without saying. We've had too many large bulky players. Straight away a professional club like Inter tell him he has to lose the lbs.

Well yes I was going to say both but ultimately it's the club. Most players stay trim and goes without saying. We've had too many large bulky players. Straight away a professional club like Inter tell him he has to lose the lbs.

Sorry, but a player has to be responsible for his fitness. Especially in this case when it piled on the pounds for the WC - something Utd didn’t have control over.

Clearly we should have sent him to weight watchers, but by that time he clearly wasn’t interested in the club. Everyone is keen and motivated when they start a new job/ role - he had gone stale, and whilst OGS tried to address his fitness issues, he didn’t. Under Jose the entire team was unfit, but Lukuku was so obviously unfit it was shocking to see, he was obviously told to get fit under OGS - and didn’t except the challenge, he didn’t want to fight to play for the club and we got rid of him.

Almost impressively, the explanation as to why it isn't racism is as stupid as the racism itself.

Even Jose dropped him in the weeks leading up to Jose's sacking.

He was Jose's pet and was still dropped. Tells you everything you need to know. There s something wrong with him physically or mentally.

Please stop mentioning stats. Gomez for Bayern scored at a better rate and was still shipped off. Even Berbatov here was shipped out after scoring loads. Fergie wouldn't even give him a minute in a CL final when we were desperate!

Top sides have workhorses with technical and tactical ability - Lukaku has none of those!

He is suited to West Brom type team where you kick into channels after being camped in your half.

Curva Nord ultras ARE far-right racist assholes btw, even by their own ass-backwards pretend-logic

And i can say this with certainty and from experience of having been there, and seen their fanzine

They really needed to keep their mouths shut. Inter was coming out of this like champs. Lukaku did the right thing, Conte did, the club itself ... They all reacted adequately. Then those idiots do this (yes, i know why: because they too have done chants like this towards Koulibaly for example).

How unusual - a black person effectively being told to keep their mouth shut.

Inter fans are well known for being dickheads, so maybe Romelu should have done a bit more due diligence and less "not for everyone" posturing once he signed up for that team. He's going to get far worse from them then he ever got from us once he starts underperforming, mark my words. He can shove that "Inter is not for everyone" up his ass once they his own Ultras pelt him with coins and bottles from the second ring of the Meazza.

Inter fans are well known for being dickheads, so maybe Romelu should have done a bit more due diligence and less "not for everyone" posturing once he signed up for that team. He's going to get far worse from them then he ever got from us once he starts underperforming, mark my words. He can shove that "Inter is not for everyone" up his ass once they his own Ultras pelt him with coins and bottles from the second ring of the Meazza.

That statement is as offensive as booing a black person, Ultras are a 1% of the Whole World of any fanbase, especially when we talk about a big fanbase that is Worldwide like Interisti.

Oh yeah it is. Both attitudes have the same thing in common: ignorance. So spreading hate, dissings, disrespect, badness to any kind of person is wrong. Period.

It's really, really not though. Like at all.

Oh yeah it is. Both attitudes have the same thing in common: ignorance. So spreading hate, dissings, disrespect, badness to any kind of person is wrong. Period.

Yep. Generalising about a teams fanbase on a football forum is definitely exactly the same as making monkey noises at somebody because they're black.

Racially abusing somebody is worse, isn't it? Like just think about it for a second and think about the fact you're somehow saying 'inter fans are dicks' is an equivalence to one of the most vile things a human being can do.

If you don't like the generalisation, call it out. But don't say something as silly as 'this is as bad as racism!' which completely plays down how fecking horrible shit like this really is.

Right now your posts have a whole lot of ignorance in them.

Absolute nonsense post . Bitterness is just seeping out of you

Nah mate you only watched the highlights. Which funnily enough only included a penalty for Lukaku. If you watched the game and still thought he was class then you’re part of the group were laughing at for the 70m :lol:

Saw him do an interview in Italian the other day. Must have picked some up from his brother who "plays" for Lazio.

I'm sure he knew what to expect when he moved.

That message is sickening to read.

On the other hand, I don't know why he went there and thought he'd be fine after what happened to the likes of Koulibaly, Kean and Muntari.

That message is sickening to read.

On the other hand, I don't know why he went there and thought he'd be fine after what happened to the likes of Koulibaly, Kean and Muntari.

Why do people assume he thought he would be fine.

You realise he has suffered racism most of his career including whilst at United. His brother also plays in Italy, racism isn’t a deterrent enough to stop him advancing his career and it shouldn't be either.

More players need to go there and speak out