Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

They didn't have to blindly defend the man and make excuses for the fact he was always a criminal and extremely dodgy though.
If there was a problem with Abromovich why has his money been good in the UK up until now? As much as I dislike Chelsea, deducting points from them is insane.

But I'll do one better. Any politician caught dealing with Russia or eating Russian caviar or vodka should be shot in Trafalgar Square on the grounds of high treason.

There is some equality between the mens and womens game….. as both the Chelsea mens and womens team have ignored Three’s request to remove their advertising from their shirts.

If there was a problem with Abromovich why has his money been good in the UK up until now? As much as I dislike Chelsea, deducting points from them is insane.

But I'll do one better. Any politician caught dealing with Russia or eating Russian caviar or vodka should be shot in Trafalgar Square on the grounds of high treason.
It makes no sense to me. Did he even have a direct influence in the war effort? Just becuase he’s supported Putin thus far doesn’t make him responsible for the fact Putin went into Ukraine imo.
How the hell can they travel for CL games with 20,000 pounds? I don’t even see how you can fly a starting 11 with that let alone a full squad plus management.

I am protecting yes. Show us evidence then we can move on from. Do you want us to be thankless guys. He did lot for the club. We will suffer if we deserved. But I can't be thankless and disowning all the happiness I enjoyed under his stewardship.

I don’t have to prove anything as I have not claimed he did, or did not, do anything.

But I guess the UK government have some kind of evidence about him being closely connected to Putin.

Anyway I respect that you are being thankful of a man and his blood money. Sticking to your man even if things have gone to shit. I hate when people jump ships.

It makes no sense to me. Did he even have a direct influence in the war effort? Just becuase he’s supported Putin thus far doesn’t make him responsible for the fact Putin went into Ukraine imo.
How the hell can they travel for CL games with 20,000 pounds? I don’t even see how you can fly a starting 11 with that let alone a full squad plus management.

I think his blatant profiteering from the war and clear foreknowledge makes him responsible enough. If you think Roman is not in this up to his neck then you probably also believe that Boris never attended any parties during lockdown.

Can't stand Chelsea but this doesn't seem fair to me.
So if RA owned a chain of restaurants, you’d argue against them being closed and forced to cease trading?

People say it’s not fair on the fans/players. So presumably those same people are against the closing of businesses in Russia itself? Since many of the Russian public may well not even support this war or Putin?

Reminder, RA does support Putin. Laughable take by many football fans… because football.

Roman underwrites their monthly salary costs if the club can't pay for them, which seems like a dodgy practice itself. But with him unable to finance the club they might not be able to keep such a high wage list on their books.

Thanks for the reply, what I meant was, how are Chelsea able to sell players? What happens to that money? Sorry should have been clearer

You both need to read up on what’s happened today and RAs links in Ukraine

This team of millionairs assembled by a man who supports war crimes is proudly brought to you by 3 and Hyundai

Thanks for the reply, what I meant was, how are Chelsea able to sell players? What happens to that money? Sorry should have been clearer

The club is prohibited from buying and selling players, also prohibited renewing players' contracts under these sanctions.

Well if they are struggling to get to away games for £20k just use Sunday league tactics of travelling to away games in four cars and getting changed at this side of the pitch.

RA writing off the 1.5 Billion debt Chelsea have is a disgrace if its allowed to happen. Look at the punishment Derby are being forced to suffer and Chelsea will walk away unscathed? I hope the FA hits Chelsea with every punishment they can.

RA writing off the 1.5 Billion debt Chelsea have is a disgrace if its allowed to happen. Look at the punishment Derby are being forced to suffer and Chelsea will walk away unscathed? I hope the FA hits Chelsea with every punishment they can.
It won't happen, they'll probably be deemed too important.

I don't see any unfairness in this. Chelsea's fans and everyone associated with the club have dined out on Abramovich's dubiously acquired gains for years and years with every objection very much tucked away in the closest. They have reaped the benefits. Trophies, expansion of the brand, wages for the players.

The fact that they now have to suffer this inconvenience is the price to be paid. That's all it is, an inconvenience. They aren't going anywhere, it will get sold and football and Chelsea will move on.

It won't happen, they'll probably be deemed too important.
Well then the FA are a pointless organisation. Derby should sue the FA if they don't apply the rules evenly. Where would Chelsea have been without that loan?

Is it time to find new homes for Chelsea’s players already?

Some (not really educated) guesses.

Manchester United

Rüdiger – so that you can dump Maguire

James – no brainer given your right back situation

Any of Chelsea’s three main midfielders would be a big upgrade

Ziyech – Greenwood successor

Tuchel – no brainer

Liverpool

Havertz – Firmino successor

Kante – Wijnaldum replacement

Leeds

Werner – James successor

Everton

Azpi, Alonso, Saul – Everton like has-beens

Newcastle

Thiago Silva – he likes dodgy owners

Manchester City

Lukaku – they need a striker, right? Would fit like a glove in Pep’s passing game.

So if RA owned a chain of restaurants, you’d argue against them being closed and forced to cease trading?

People say it’s not fair on the fans/players. So presumably those same people are against the closing of businesses in Russia itself? Since many of the Russian public may well not even support this war or Putin?

Reminder, RA does support Putin. Laughable take by many football fans… because football.

It being unfair doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. I have no problems with Chelsea being impacted by the sanctions. It is what it is. Can't be avoided. It's just football at the end of the day, in a world of terrible things happening. I don't agree that it isn't unfair on the fans though.

Well then the FA are a pointless organisation. Derby should sue the FA if they don't apply the rules evenly.

The FA don't apply those rules at all.

It was the English Football League who gave Derby those points deductions, not the FA.

Whatever punishment is dished out to Chelsea, it will be from a totally different governing body than the one who punished Derby.

Agreed even if that meant us diving down the league's (it won't but even if it did some things go beyond football).

My worry for the entire pyramid now (with us being punished as an overall club) is does it set a precedence? Will pressure eventually build to do the same to Newcastle due to the Yemen situation or next time someone head gets chopped off? Will the same have to happen to an American owned team if their owners get caught up in the metoo movement?

When can of worms are opened they tend to stay open.

Why do people keep saying this?

Yes. If a club owner is found to be in bed with a dictator that starts a war and decimated a country, displacing millions, and that country and individual are sanctioned…. Yes. Yes that should happen.

They haven’t opened a door or a can of worms. These were always the rules. You’re not allowed to facilitate mass murder. You’ve never been allowed.

You should be ashamed of yourself for bringing up MeToo as a point of comparison too. It’s disgusting.

They would get a point deduction based on financial rules if they fall foul of them. If they break them, there are consequences.

deleted the Trafalgar Square nonsense.

Yes they do.

Ridiculous take

how many league titles or Champions League titles would they have celebrated without Roman?! 0

They’ve had their fun and their good times. They’ve had them for much longer than they deserved.

If this is party over, they cannot complain at all

I disagree. :devil::devil:

Agree to disagree. I've no problem with Chelsea whatsoever. Arsenal, Spurs and Westham are all sweaty cockney wankers. I actually have a lot of time for Chelsea, always have.

Always makes me laugh when people say this. If we are all fans who jump on the back of success then why the feck would we have been supporting West Ham or Fulham beforehand.

While we're on the subject what made you decide to support the 20 times Champions of England?

They couldn't find their way to the Piccadilly Line?

I decided because I grew up there. And they were 7 times Champions back then.

I bet the Russian Oligarchs are scratching their heads at the fact the Tories turned out to be even more corrupt than even they anticipated. Took all their money and screwed them over.