Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

are you sure the glazers are less gangsters than abramovic?

Yes, they're just scummy capitalists.

Lots of the Russian billions are filthy. The way the wealth was distributed after the fall of the USSR was insane, and encouraged by the west.

I have no sympathy for the supporters, they were more than happy to take the sugar daddy money and ignore being a plastic club that made a mockery of financial fair play for over a decade

Our opposition fans are going to have some fun now. But they will have to deal with the depression of finishing lower than a team that has had to go through this eventually.

The first time I am annoyed for sport reasons for quite a while.

Our opposition fans are going to have some fun now. But they will have to deal with the depression of finishing lower than a team that has had to go through this eventually.
Yes you will finish higher this season. Doesn’t mean we cant have fun

Hahaha that'll teach those thick cnuts for chanting his name the other week.

All this talk about the men's team getting sanctioned...but it's an entire club that needs to be punished if they are still under RA's ownership.

Women's team, youth/academy, etc. They need to feel the pains. To that, all of Chelsea's loaned players should be sent back to Chelsea. Why should other clubs pay for these assets who are technically owned by Chelsea's RA?

Punish the lot of them. It's an entire club, not just the men's first team.

If there is a club to finish below. That’s a big if.

On twitter i am already seeing Chelsea fans suddenly remembering the victims of Yemen and those poor immigrants in UAE. Football is great at whitewashing

They should be deducted 20 points. It's the only right thing to do.
30 points because we are so shit that 20 points wont be enough to overtake them. 30 points if we are serious to punish them. Thats what Gandhi would have done if he was still alive today

I have no sympathy for the supporters, they were more than happy to take the sugar daddy money and ignore being a plastic club that made a mockery of financial fair play for over a decade

This

A good friend of mine and fellow united supporter called me earlier and talked about he feels sorry for the fans. It's hard for me to say I share the same feelings. Chelsea fans are some of the worst I've come across.

I knew one who watched games at an Atlanta bar I used to frequent on matchdays in the late 2000s. He was from London, a proper wannabe hardcore tough guy type who claimed to be a former member of the infamous headhunters hooligan gang that rose to prominence in the 80s. He named his daughter Chelsea, but she ended up supporting united! I hope this news causes him more pain haha.

Can they give contracts to players from their own academy or is that also prohibited?

Sure. Great comment.
They were also extremely flippant about all this until the sanctions against RA today (and some continue to be). I find it very hard to be sympathetic under those circumstances.

Not heard from a few on this thread in a while... thoughts @duffer ?

I would like to think some stuff doesn't need to be said. The invasion of Ukraine is disgusting and anyone involved should be held to account, if that impacts Chelsea, fair enough, it's only football.

Roman is (at best) obviously a super dodgy bloke but I've always known that and honestly not given that much of a shit. I'd be a liar if I pretended to be disgusted with him now.

Always makes me laugh when people say this. If we are all fans who jump on the back of success then why the feck would we have been supporting West Ham or Fulham beforehand.

While we're on the subject what made you decide to support the 20 times Champions of England?

When I was at primary school late 80s, early 90s, there was one kid who supported Chelsea. And i'm based fairly near London.
Everyone was baffled by it.

The illegitimate funding got you there though.