Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

Wow

The 3 news is massive

Seriously the club is in disarray right now
That’s less income already. If all sponsors do this they might not make it until the end of the week.
On a side note, if you’re a buyer would you even make a bid when their value is now in free fall? It’s not as if the fans etc won’t be there in, I dunno, 12 months time?

Will they have to tape over the 3 for tonights game?

Please let that happen.

Three have 'taken a stand'.

Interesting to see that they have only suspended the deal and not pulled out. That tells me two things:

A) They're not sure they can wriggle out of the contract.

B) They will go back to the contract if they're sold soon.

That’s less income already. If all sponsors do this they might not make it until the end of the week.
On a side note, if you’re a buyer would you even make a bid when their value is now in free fall? It’s not as if the fans etc won’t be there in, I dunno, 12 months time?

i think any buyer would wait and see what happens. It’s so unstable why invest at the moment?!

Is the cash reserves at 16m true? If so I’m extremely worried for them with how quickly this is escalating

I do I had to listen to one at work today argue that because Chelsea signed Shevchenko it proves they have only ever tried to help Ukraine.

People are blinded by football and can't see past their loyality to a club.

Chelsea have been money laundering for years and it's obvious there is blood on the hands of them and their owners.

They would have achieved none of the things they did since Roman took over with the money that was pumped in.

If that money came in illegally then they deserve every punishment going

I completely understand where you’re coming from, but still feel bad for the fans, not like their fault they got bought by Roman/Russian war (despite their gain of happiness in the time being), a lot of people is effected by this, all the staff, fans, etc, that’s why I feel bad for them, imagine, we got bought by someone like Roman, then had to deal with our club crumbling.

also I’m not saying what’s happening to them is wrong. I just feel bad for the people who have no control over any of this.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Interesting to see that they have only suspended the deal and not pulled out. That tells me two things:

A) They're not sure they can wriggle out of the contract.

B) They will go back to the contract if they're sold soon.

And b could be a very long time..

I’m sure there will be clauses to leave the deal they will be exploring as they won’t have done this lightly

I doubt 3 is getting any money back, they still have a contract. They just want to disassociate their brand from the club until new owners arrive.

Would be brilliant if they weren’t allowed to compete in the CL and we end up finishing 6th.

I doubt 3 is getting any money back, they still have a contract. They just want to disassociate their brand from the club until new owners arrive.
They must be getting money back. If anything they aren’t getting what they paid for?

All this happening is quite fitting.

Went from nothing club to turbo charged oil money laundered fuelled madness and a highly successful period in all this time but also changed the landscape of football finances. To now maybe heading back to nothing status depending on how this is going to play out.

Could absolutely wreck them, no guarantees new owners will have a clue either and that is if they can sell it which I don't think they can right now.

Total shitshow, can't say I've any sympathy to be honest :lol:

What, will they paint over the logo for tonight's game or something? The game kicks off in about 2 hours.
Chelsea prematch locker room pics currently:

tl3e33600-1024x515.png

When game starts:
247a067cdd72d6e63c0f63c43d43e6ef.png

Some consortium will buy Chelsea at a huge discount to flip them later. Chelsea being cheap isn’t good news for Chelsea, it allows the sharks in

It's the same interested parties as before according that article, which unfortunately includes the Jets owner.

I completely understand where you’re coming from, but still feel bad for the fans, not like their fault they got bought by Roman/Russian war (despite their gain of happiness in the time being), a lot of people is effected by this, all the staff, fans, etc, that’s why I feel bad for them, imagine, we got bought by someone like Roman, then had to deal with our club crumbling.

also I’m not saying what’s happening to them is wrong. I just feel bad for the people who have no control over any of this.

Yes but they were happy enough to celebrate their wins despite knowing the money that made it possible was dodgy.

It's the same for Newcastle and City fans centering everything they get knowing the human rights abuses their owners commit.

I wouldn't be enjoy United bring back at the top of it had come from having the Saudis owning us.

There has to be moral standards and they have to mean more than winning the league.

That's why I would prefer Liverpool winning things over City.