Film Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

I’ve always hated The Riddler. Jim Carey just wasn’t for me but Cory Michael Smith kinda made him alright again and I’m pretty certain Dano given something to work with can nail it. Although he’ll always be Klitz to me from The Girl Next Door.

Zoe Kravitz as well :drool:

I’ve always hated The Riddler. Jim Carey just wasn’t for me but Cory Michael Smith kinda made him alright again and I’m pretty certain Dano given something to work with can nail it. Although he’ll always be Klitz to me from The Girl Next Door.

Zoe Kravitz as well :drool:
The guy who played the Riddler in Gotham did a great job on the character. Hope they can repeat it.

Jeffrey Wright was cast as Commissioner Gordon too btw.

Can't imagine what they could bring to Batman that would be in any way novel at this point but hey ho, I'm sure it will make a lot of money regardless.

Jeffrey Wright was cast as Commissioner Gordon too btw.

Can't imagine what they could bring to Batman that would be in any way novel at this point but hey ho, I'm sure it will make a lot of money regardless.
Wright seems like he could play a good Gordon. Very cerebral actor. In general it seems they are going with good drama actors, which I assume means they are looking to humanize the characters more than they might have before.

What they could bring is the thing he is most famous for but movies barely touch on it, ever. And that is him being "World's Greatest Detective", no movies highlight this properly, Nolan's trilogy does just a bit.

And I really hope this one does it finally right and make this film more of a detective crime instead of usual Batman kicking everyone's head in while brooding.

Stellar cast. I actually have high hopes for this one. With the success of Joker, I reckon they'd make this more like Joker and Watchmen and less like Marvel movies.

Stellar cast. I actually have high hopes for this one. With the success of Joker, I reckon they'd make this more like Joker and Watchmen and less like Marvel movies.
Stella*

Rumours are that this could be an adaption of the Long Halloween graphic novel. Would be fecking amazing if true.

Jonah Hill has apparently rejected the role of Penguin. He was demanding double the amount that Pattinson is going to earn, and the execs refused to bow to his demands. Read somewhere that Seth Rogen might be offered the role now.

Not into Pattinson being Batman. However if they make the movies very dark them they'll still get money out of me.

I have never seen anything that Paul Dano or Zoe Kravitz are in, but they both look like teenagers. Given that Pattison also looks incredibly young, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel when watching it, are they doing a Gotham where they're all youthful versions of the characters or are they supposed to come across as full grown, hardened criminals? Paul Dano looks like he could step in for either Simon or Jay from The Inbetweeners at a moments notice.

Last edited:
I have never seen anything that Paul Dano or Zoe Kravitz are in, but they both look like teenagers. Given that Pattison also looks incredibly young, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel when watching it, are they doing a Gotham where they're all youthful versions of the characters or are they supposed to come across as full grown, hardened criminals?

Pattinson is 33, Kravitz is 30, Dano is 35. For comparison, at the time Batman Begins came out Bale was 31, Holmes was 26 and Murphy was 29.

Hate to break it to you but they might just seem young because you're getting old. :p

Pattinson is 33, Kravitz is 30, Dano is 35. For comparison, at the time Batman Begins came out Bale was 31, Holmes was 26 and Murphy was 29.

Hate to break it to you but they might just seem young because you're getting old. :p

Their age and how they look are two different things. The guy playing Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory is almost 50 but it doesn't mean he could play a convincing Alfred without looking like he was in his 20's. Bale looked about a decade older than Pattison does even at 31.

I have never seen anything that Paul Dano or Zoe Kravitz are in, but they both look like teenagers. Given that Pattison also looks incredibly young, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel when watching it, are they doing a Gotham where they're all youthful versions of the characters or are they supposed to come across as full grown, hardened criminals? Paul Dano looks like he could step in for either Simon or Jay from The Inbetweeners at a moments notice.
Have you never seen Paul Dano? Dude is a house. I completely buy him as The Riddler. Playing a psycho who acts a big shot behind Riddles but his pathetic up close is tailor-made for him.

Batman doesn't have to look 40. Pattinson and the movie crew have some work to do to make him look the part but his age isn't a problem for me. There are many iterations of Batman. Not sure what's going on with the whole universe though. Feels kind of all over the place with the Margot Robbie movie, Joker and now this so soon after the Justice League thing.

I have never seen anything that Paul Dano ......... Paul Dano looks like he could step in for either Simon or Jay from The Inbetweeners at a moments notice.

Crikey, you need to watch him before making statements like those.

Watch him in There Will Be Blood. That was made in 2008! 12 years ago and he was already ‘old enough’ for that role. Amazing performance.

He’ll make an ace riddler.

He was arguably as impressive as Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood.

Yes. Pattison is a very underrated actor. Watch Good Times and I've heard he's great in Lighthouse too. Paul Dano and Kravitz are pretty good as well.
Wouldn't call them "stellar" though.

Crikey, you need to watch him before making statements like those.

Watch him in There Will Be Blood. That was made in 2008! 12 years ago and he was already ‘old enough’ for that role. Amazing performance.

He’ll make an ace riddler.

I just watched a few scenes of him in There Will Be Blood and he still looks like a meek teenager. I'll reserve judgement, because everyone says he's great.

This is the reason I got false hope when I saw Daredevil was trending.

I just don't get all the Batman love? He's a shit superhero. The Dark Knight trilogy is completely over-rated and he had no right facing off against Superman and Steppenwolf in the DCEU. It's a sad indictment on the whole sorry affair when Adam West is still the best incarnation of the caped crusader.

I just don't get all the Batman love? He's a shit superhero. The Dark Knight trilogy is completely over-rated and he had no right facing off against Superman and Steppenwolf in the DCEU. It's a sad indictment on the whole sorry affair when Adam West is still the best incarnation of the caped crusader.
You're just trying to start a fight. Time to go home. You've had one to many.
Frank Buxton is clearly the best anyway.

You're shit, feck off.

Also, Pattinson instead of sucking blood like a twilight vampire that he'll be forever of his shitty life will be sucking cocks in this movie.

You're shit, feck off.

Also, Pattinson instead of sucking blood like a twilight vampire that he'll be forever of his shitty life will be sucking cocks in this movie.
Everything that I've seen him in, he's been great.
However, I have never seen Twilight not being that into to early teen vampire high school romances.

Nooooo.... Batman is my favorite superhero but Pattinson is that shitty pale vampire from those horrible twilight movies. Batman isnt supposed to be a shitty pale vampire and it will be difficult to see Pattinson as something else as the shitty pale vampire. :(

Although to be fair, i have never seen Pattinson in another role (i think?) Maybe it turns out he is actually a good actor and will be able to act away the role of him being the shitty pale vampire.

Although to be fair, i have never seen Pattinson in another role (i think?) Maybe it turns out he is actually a good actor and will be able to act away the role of him being the shitty pale vampire.

There is no maybe, he IS a very good actor, I am kinda tired of people spamming Twilight comments when they see him. I never saw a Twilight movie. Everything he's done since then was great pretty much.

I hope in the final cut they’d cgi his skin to look rougher, still far too smooth in that cut to appear intimidating.