Richard Ríos

Palmeiras actually has a 90m clause on … anyone? That I do find surprising. It seems like more than half their team is being purchased right now though, so I can see why they’d be desperate.

Rios strikes me as energetic, quality depth for a good team but not a starter. At the 17 I was reading last night … good option.

90 is going to be an immediate no go.

I watched one of Colombia's games and he didn't look anything special. Odd link which I presume is agent driven.

If true we can safely say this is a non-starter

What’ve they been smoking? :lol: Imagine stopping one of your players from joining a big European team. Or is that release clause just for us because I bet if city/benfica come calling he’ll be theirs for about 20m.

Seems like this team is realizing they have some money on their hands with this kid and are trying to play hard ball. If United are serious, I would pay no more than 18 million including addons. His energy would be helpful as a bench/ sub while he acclimates to the premier league. It may be worth it as we really need to solidify a bench as well.
Also, from what I have seen... he is fast, and we need more of that in the midfield.

Seems like this team is realizing they have some money on their hands with this kid and are trying to play hard ball. If United are serious, I would pay no more than 18 million including addons. His energy would be helpful as a bench/ sub while he acclimates to the premier league. It may be worth it as we really need to solidify a bench as well.
Also, from what I have seen... he is fast, and we need more of that in the midfield.
In fairness, one of my best work friends is Colombian and was insufferable about their team heading into Euros , so I watched every Colombia match, and he’s worth every penny of 18. Is the kind of player very good teams have to come off the bench. So at 28 I was like “oh wow, that’s really good business”.

Oh well.

I see your Colombian longshot wonder, and raise you Sherman Cardenas.

Never heard of him. Although I just had to stop playing FM in 2012. I wouldn't even dare buy it now that I wfh 3 days a week. When I'm retired and have nowt else to do with my time, I might pick it up again.

can we not just fecking buy Rios and Zubimendi/Ugarte and have our midfield sorted out???? if we don't get these midfield fixed we are fecked for the season

can we not just fecking buy Rios and Zubimendi/Ugarte and have our midfield sorted out???? if we don't get these midfield fixed we are fecked for the season

Doesn't seem the club has 100m to make those sort of deals.

My suspicion is that we find ourselves in a position where we know we absolutely have to do something in that area, yet we are not really enamoured with the options on the market. Looks to me that we want to make a move, but not one that locks us in for years to come. So I don’t see us ‘sorting’ the midfield per se - that player doesn’t seem to be available. I think we either want a cheap option or a loan option - both of which would not be the end of the midfield story, just the end of it for this season.