Richard Ríos

I watched him a bit at the Copa, not sure where/how he fits into our team tbh.

Is he better than Amrabat? I.e did he do more than one flying tackle on Mbappe?

If so, the Amrabat fee is immediately put to better use!

Don't you think we lack that player who can drive through the midfield then, personally can't think of anyone in the squad who has that ability

We already managed to miss on one cheap CDM with Caicedo ( due to a mess with complicated ownership structure, if I recall correctly).

If we get him for £17m it seems like a pretty low risk gamble.

Utd aren’t in a position to gamble, mainly due to financial constraints. They aren’t willing to pay €20m for Amrabat, a known quantity but they should pay £17m for an unknown near 25 year old? Years ago Utd could gamble on a Poborsky, or a Kleberson. Those days are gone.

What was the quality of opposition he was up against?
Because I don't want to find out that - that worldie he scored was against some 30 + Year old plumber.

We already managed to miss on one cheap CDM with Caicedo ( due to a mess with complicated ownership structure, if I recall correctly).

Who was 19 and widely regarded as an exceptional talent. This lad is nearly 25 and was an unknown before a positive showing in the Copa. Reminds me a little of the Moroccan lad in the WC (Ounahi I think), he was all the rage. Went to Marseille (again I think) and I’ve heard nothing since.

Dare I say it..... he looks a little Pogba-esque.
his movement and his passing range reminded me a bit more of Seba...if you lot remember him...but a lot better defensively
Is he better than Amrabat? I.e did he do more than one flying tackle on Mbappe?

If so, the Amrabat fee is immediately put to better use!
he is much more mobile than Ambrabat so that in and of itself is what we need....we need more athletic, technical CM's

I'm kinda disappointed that this is going nowhere tbh. I really liked the look of him. The data ok fbref has some red flags but defo passes the eye test.

How is he a DM? He seems more like a box to box, all action type. Would he come here to be Mainoo's sub? If yes, then yeah could be a decent gamble for the price.

Yeah he's Brighton bound isn't he

Everton probably? He'll be a drop-in replacement for Onana. He'll probably beat our "press" singlehandedly and get a shot off and the whole of the caf will want to pay 80m for him.

Was a time on here where a goal.com article would’ve been immediately locked thread. Nowadays 3 pages of discussion in a few hours with barely any questioning of the source. Obvious nonsense.

Was a time on here where a goal.com article would’ve been immediately locked thread. Nowadays 3 pages of discussion in a few hours with barely any questioning of the source. Obvious nonsense.

Yeah has definitely been a wising up

Nothing link, but once in a while it’s nice to get excited over these sort of links because when it happens I find them more exciting than the players that are well known. The ceiling could be level 300 or the basement.

I love this link. Low risk high reward type signing that we traditionally haven't done.

Watched some highlight reels and match action from the Copas and he's a high energy 6/8 hybrid. I think given the weakness we had last season in terms of our midfield not being very mobile with Casemiro and Kobbie he would address an area of need for us. We also massively failed to replace Fred and imo Rios looks like a Fred upgrade in terms of ball carrying and passing.

I love this link. Low risk high reward type signing that we traditionally haven't done.

Watched some highlight reels and match action from the Copas and he's a high energy 6/8 hybrid. I think given the weakness we had last season in terms of our midfield not being very mobile with Casemiro and Kobbie he would address an area of need for us. We also massively failed to replace Fred and imo Rios looks like a Fred upgrade in terms of ball carrying and passing.
Based on highlight reels. The Caf has gotten so desperate in recent years, it’s embarrassing. I remember the days of laughing at this sort of nonsense on RAWK.

Nothing link, but once in a while it’s nice to get excited over these sort of links because when it happens I find them more exciting than the players that are well known. The ceiling could be level 300 or the basement.
Manucho

I read earlier today that he came from a futsal background and watching that you can kinda see it in the way he moves the ball. Taking on difficult passes accepting passes in tight spaces, ability to take a touch and get away from people. He looks decent.

This one isn’t happening. Agent using us to drum up interest. Move on.

Copa America highlights make him look superb. Greatly progressive and decent vision on him.

Hopefully there’s something in it - but highly unlikely.

Why are you so certain?
Zero reliable journalists linking us to him? And Romano saying it's just rumours originating from South America due to United having scouts at Copa America?

Edit; I have no idea though... but these kind of rumours tend not to materialise.

From the highlights ive seen he doesn't excite me that much except his ability to hit a long shot.

I feel like we see less power long shot's these days compared to 2000's & i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing when it comes to this player.

Zero reliable journalists linking us to him? And Romano saying it's just rumours originating from South America due to United having scouts at Copa America?

Edit; I have no idea though... but these kind of rumours tend not to materialise.

I agree there's nothing concrete at the moment but feel there still could be later in window

I read earlier today that he came from a futsal background and watching that you can kinda see it in the way he moves the ball. Taking on difficult passes accepting passes in tight spaces, ability to take a touch and get away from people. He looks decent.
yes, that is where they actually found him playing futsal. you can see it with how often he uses the sole of his foot receiving the ball and manipulating his movements with the sole on the ball
Copa America highlights make him look superb. Greatly progressive and decent vision on him.

Hopefully there’s something in it - but highly unlikely.
i watched him play the entire tournament and he was brilliant....huge engine, technically very often and has a bit of shithousery to his game. 17m is a bloody cheap price to pay and if they had scouts watching him as mentioned, they'd be fools to walk away from getting this kid.

yes, that is where they actually found him playing futsal. you can see it with how often he uses the sole of his foot receiving the ball and manipulating his movements with the sole on the ball

i watched him play the entire tournament and he was brilliant....huge engine, technically very often and has a bit of shithousery to his game. 17m is a bloody cheap price to pay and if they had scouts watching him as mentioned, they'd be fools to walk away from getting this kid.

Think we are relaxed about this one, we might decide to make a move if someone else comes in for him

Think we are relaxed about this one, we might decide to make a move if someone else comes in for him
that's also how we lost a chance on Caicedo and other targets that have led to our having a shit squad depth

Utd aren’t in a position to gamble, mainly due to financial constraints. They aren’t willing to pay €20m for Amrabat, a known quantity but they should pay £17m for an unknown near 25 year old? Years ago Utd could gamble on a Poborsky, or a Kleberson. Those days are gone.

Amrabat is a known quantity in that we know he's not good enough.