Richard Ríos

Watched him a bit on the Copa America, played well, strong, combative, athletic, carries the ball well. He doesn't look like a DM to me. Looked like his best position would be on the right of a 3 man midfield. He has an interesting history with him turning pro only a few years ago.

Not convinced he would be a big upgrade for us, but could be a interesting project to have in the squad.

On a side note, he was responsible for some really shameful time wasting against Uruguay when they were up 1 and down a man. Made me instantly dislike him, but if he signed, all will be forgiven of course.

Yes please. These are the types of signings I want to see more of.

Great video, never seen or heard about him before but from the video he looks like a 6/8 hybrid with great energy and dribbling. Good at winning the ball and looking for something to happen at once. Looks like a good fit, maybe not the profile we are talking about all the time, but I think he would fot the team. Both together with Kobbie and to give Kobbie rest and competition.

This is what I hope the new sporting management will do, find players I have never heard about and couldn’t find myself but that we can get at a nice price before they break trought in Portugal/Netherlands/Germany/Italy/Brighton/etc. Getting someone like this would be a good start

2 things I dislike:
1) Entire name on the jersey? Yuck :mad:
2) His dribbling and tendency to take on in tight situations might lead to injuries piling up over the years. No idea if he has had a lot of injuries, but his style is a risk

Work permit is going to be too much of a hassle for us, so we'll just let Brighton buy him and bid 80m to Brighton next year instead.

Work permit is going to be too much of a hassle for us, so we'll just let Brighton buy him and bid 80m to Brighton next year instead.
Don't know the player even a little, but I think he might qualify for a GBE based on continental competition appearances or failing that, just get an ESC slot.

If it wasn't all likely total bollocks, of course.

This is like a Man City signing. They normally scout the Brazilian teams. Can tell we have Berrada bet he has something to do with this.

Too old for a Man City signing direct from South America. They try and target the best U21 players they feel have highest potential that let's them cut out the middleman, otherwise they tend to pass on them and let the Benfica's and Porto's pick them up.

Looks really good in the videos and seems to have done really well at the Copa. Would be very interesting

Also, this may be an alternative to Amrabat, who we seem to have passed on signing. Our main replacement for Casemiro is probably Ugarte.

Interesting player. Part of the Palmeiras side that won the Brazilian league, and the Colombia side that just got to the Copa America final and probably played the best football. Apparently he got into football relatively late, and was playing futsal until his late teens. Those guys always have great technique and close control.

He's a bit old to be a 'wonderkid' signing, but being relatively late to football and only having his breakout season this last year, he could still be worth the punt. Would be great if we start targeting direct from the South American leagues rather than letting these guys go to Brighton/Forest/Portugal etc, at least at the squad player level.

Learn from City. Sign him as FC Lausanne-Sport player. Loan him to Nice to play in Ligue 1. Next season transfer him to Man Utd. Perfect because Lausanne and Man Utd will never play in the same tournament in Europe. 100% comply with the UEFA regulations.

It feels like everyone has been linked with him this window.
I think it's a classic, ride the wave of a good tournament, from his agent - in order to try and get a move to the continent. There's no doubt every big club had scouts at the copa america and I imagine feelers would have been sent out for the best performing players not at big clubs. That's a long way from anyone actually bidding on him though.

I just hope if, and I doubt there is, real interest in him, I hope its a sign of us looking in this market more, its terribly overlooked by the club over the last decade.

Kept getting mentioned a lot on the net due to the Copa America. His YouTube clips remind me of Onana. Would probably be worth a punt.. but know absolutely nothing about him.

He's 24 already, just 6 years away from 30. Nothing has changed from us signing past it geriatric players who are past their best. INEOS out.

word

Learn from City. Sign him as FC Lausanne-Sport player. Loan him to Nice to play in Ligue 1. Next season transfer him to Man Utd. Perfect because Lausanne and Man Utd will never play in the same tournament in Europe. 100% comply with the UEFA regulations.
Lausanne and the Swiss League are poor and it makes zero sense to wait another 2 years for a 24 year old. You can do that for a teenager potentially

I just hope if, and I doubt there is, real interest in him, I hope its a sign of us looking in this market more, its terribly overlooked by the club over the last decade.

How competent Ineos are at scouting and securing talented players that carry a minimal fee will be the real signifier of if we are heading back to the top imo.

I want to see good value signings. Zirkzee and Yoro may be worth their fees in the long run but they don't scream "value" to me.

Whether this rumour is bs or not, I like this kind of signing. £17m for a talented squad option would be good business, if he kicks on and turns out to be better, then it's a win win.

no...he's a legit DM

he can carry the ball and not afraid to pass forward first and be that link type player but he's all about being that guy who breaks up play and wins the ball to start the counters
Sounds good to me....sign him up.

This would be a low risk signing. We may aswell gamble and take him. He’ll add some swagger to our midfield as a lot of South Americans do.

Lausanne and the Swiss League are poor and it makes zero sense to wait another 2 years for a 24 year old. You can do that for a teenager potentially

Read again. He will not play in Swiss League. Straight loan to Nice. Just park the name under Lausanne.

Read again. He will not play in Swiss League. Straight loan to Nice. Just park the name under Lausanne.
Where would they get funds from to buy him and how would that show on their books from FFP/PSR point of view.

Where would they get funds from to buy him and how would that show on their books from FFP/PSR point of view.

I'm no accountant. On top of my head, maybe higher loan fees to cover that? Not sure how City go about with Savio.

Yes please. These are the types of signings I want to see more of.

Based on what? A few YouTube clips of the Copa America? I suppose it has always worked really well for us buying players off of a competition performance :confused:

Based on what? A few YouTube clips of the Copa America? I suppose it has always worked really well for us buying players off of a competition performance :confused:

If we get him for £17m it seems like a pretty low risk gamble.