Richard Ríos

Edit: Snap link to you tube video deleted.

The type of signing that tends to get me excited mainly because I know little about him but secondly because it's only good scouting of players with good potential who have gone under the radar (which hopefully this is) which will get us back to where we should be.

Last edited:
Was quite good for Colombia in the Copa America. He seems more of a complete ball carrying #8 of the Mainoo type and not exactly a DM. Maybe that's the role we want him for?

Trying to find some stats and the meagre stuff I gather make for a difficult profile to interpret. Plays very few passes per match, but good in take ons, has a goal threat, but generally difficult to get a clear picture. I liked him in the single Colombia Copa match I caught.

Has anyone actually watched him play for his club?

A personal favorite from the Copa America. He played great, for 17M he's definitely worth the punt.

Rios is a beast in the middle. He reminds me of another Colombian from the past, Freddy Guarin who was a machine at his peak( short one). He is more box to box than holding but defend extremely well and uses his long legs very well. He's a great dribbler and can beat the press with his skill and ability to drive forward with the ball, those long strides help him a lot. Onana type of player but better offensively. Would be a very good signing especially if we lose McTominay too, he has a knack for scoring important goals with late runs like Scott. He and Ugarte would be solid solid business.

Reactions: Invictus
Is his dad fat? His mother a bint to negotiate with?
Does he know when the Mongols ruled China?

Plays very few passes per match
Bit concerning. Mainoo is already a player who doesn't get involved enough, though he has age as an excuse. Mount is also a player who is barely involved for a midfielder. Mctominay the same.

Number of passes per match and passing accuracy absolutely have to be prioritised when signing midfielders.

We're a team who can't keep possession of a football and then we wonder why we're dreadful.

We do need 3 midfielders to replace Casemiro, Eriksen, and Mctominay. So taking a punt on cheaper profile of player make some sense, as long as we're getting 2 other midfielders on top of that.

£17m sounds to good to be true, but if so him as the destroyer & Zubimendi as the ball playing midfielder for £50m (release clause) that would be a dream midfield duo signing.

17M seems like a reasonable amount to pay for a backup to Mainoo so he doesn't get in injury trouble playing 60+ games a year as a teenager, like the Barca midfielders.

Sell McTominay for a good fee and Casemiro for a tiny one (but big wages savings):

Bruno-Mount
Mainoo-Rios
Ugarte/Zubimendi-DM2

he played DCM for Colombia and was absolutely brilliant in every match....arguably one of the best CM's in the entire competition

was screaming in the copa america thread about how this is a lad United should be looking to buy

he played DCM for Colombia and was absolutely brilliant in every match....arguably one of the best CM's in the entire competition

was screaming in the copa america thread about how this is a lad United should be looking to buy
He looked brilliant those games I watched, very good indeed. Those signings make you wonder if the hierarchy at Utd has changed.

Big Dick Ríos has been my dream midfield signing for the last 45 seconds, that’s for sure.

Love the idea of us signing somebody from South America for reasonable price, before they go to fecking Benfica and those bastards try to sell them to us for 100 mil.

Bring this guy over, even if it may be a small gamble. Just don't put him on 200 fecking K salary or overpay Palmeiras

Don't believe it whatsoever, not even a tiny bit. He did play well from what I personally saw of him at Copa America, but thats all I've ever seen of him.

£17m sounds to good to be true, but if so him as the destroyer & Zubimendi as the ball playing midfielder for £50m (release clause) that would be a dream midfield duo signing.

Are we even looking for both midfield profiles,could be my new midfield transfer muppet depending if anyone reliable picks it up in next few days. Expect his name to be all over the usual Utd fan channels later today

Last edited:

Flavour of the month

Is Galletti reliable? Galletti means water biscuits in my country

This is like a Man City signing. They normally scout the Brazilian teams. Can tell we have Berrada bet he has something to do with this.

At least we skip the process of him going to Benfica for a season before year in year out speculation of us signing him for 80m.

This is like a Man City signing. They normally scout the Brazilian teams. Can tell we have Berrada bet he has something to do with this.

Hope that's the case,someone like Tim Vickery would be the guy to ask on this Rios

i watched the guy play in every Copa America match....he's fecking a legit player

no...he's a legit DM

he can carry the ball and not afraid to pass forward first and be that link type player but he's all about being that guy who breaks up play and wins the ball to start the counters

no...he's a legit DM

he can carry the ball and not afraid to pass forward first and be that link type player but he's all about being that guy who breaks up play and wins the ball to start the counters

So would we still need that deep lying playmaker?

no....he's a guy that could be the press resistant type of player that could win the ball or build thru and be able to progress the ball thru the dribble or pass

no joke...i was really really impressed by this guy over the 5 matches i watched him play

no....he's a guy that could be the press resistant type of player that could win the ball or build thru and be able to progress the ball thru the dribble or pass

no joke...i was really really impressed by this guy over the 5 matches i watched him play

Sounds like he gives you a real hybrid then

Looks an all action type. Just the sort we usually got for as opposed to playmakers.