Renato Sanches joins Bayern

Well done LVG, genuinely beleive this is a bullet dodged, far better midfielders out there.
for 80m damn right. i'd pay 80m for the world's best at 22-24 and get 8 years out of them. Don't forget how good Anderson looked at 18! still, dissapointed we've missed out but for the money Bayern paid it might come back to haunt them, or reward them, like Martial might do to us

I couldnt care less how many academy players they field. They are winners and the club is magnificently run.
So magnificently run that academies players are better off carving a career elsewhere? Bayern Munchen enjoy benefits/advantages that few other clubs in major leagues can enjoy. Look at some of their supervisory board members and stock holders. Audi Chairman, Volkswagen Chairman, Adidas CEO, Deutch Telekom chairman, Unicredit Bank chairman. They are the club of Germany. Wouldn't it be strange if Man Utd's board had Barclays chairman, Richard Branson, Sir Michael Derek Vaughan Rake of BT, David Cameron and had stock owned by companies like these? imagine this happening in the 90's or this era whilst there were no sugar daddy clubs. We'd probably be THE club of England and have many benefits that few could enjoy in other major leagues

I'm sure their academy is more then adequate. They are a world class club operating on a world class level, look at the players they have and have had in the last ten years, amazing. A no fuss club who learn from their mistakes. Why does it always turn to the academy on this forum, ours certainly hasn't been pulling up trees the last 12 years.
Real Madrid have reached more champions league finals recently so why aren't they so magnificently run according to some on here? they are seen as a joke of a club

Football these days, fecking hell. Little more than half a season playing for the club that brought him up, which isn't exactly small time. What's the point of being a supporter, we support brands these days, nothing personalized about it.

Hating it more and more each day. It pains me when it's my bitterest of rivals, let alone everyone else.

Didn't fancy her anyway, she's probably a lesbian. We seem to veto an awful lot of transfers but it only emerges once they've gone elsewhere, weird we kept scouting Benfica so intensely.

He isn't the only player interesting at Benfica, Lindelof and Salvio both fit our needs.

Pogba costing 40-50million... You need to get back on your meds bud.

And regardless of how far down the line we went with this guy or why the deal didn't go through, United continue to look like a joke every season because they allow us to be used by anybody from Messi to League 2 tom, dick or harry as a bargaining chip.

Clearly the decision makers at Bayern didnt wake up on Saturday and think, lets go spend a lot of money on a kid from Portugal and see how it goes......eeny, meenie, miney, mo, he'll do. Theyve surely scouted him to a similar level as us but not been dragged through the papers and social media every 5 minutes. They did their work, got a deal done and signed him before people had a chance to start pissing about.

They also didnt have the mother of all clusterfecks of a summer hanging over them like we do. Pep's out, Ancellotti is confirmed. "Here you go Renato, this is what we can offer, this is how we get shit done. Everything is pre-planned and ready to go. Here's our offer, like it? Great, just sign here......done."

United go after targets more like" Hi Renato, would you like to sign for a club that's in close to utter turmoil, low on confidence, short of quality players and a working tactical plan, and may or may not have a massive upheaval this summer with a potential manager change (exact manager unknown), leading more than likely to a very rushed "grab anything that moves" attitude to player acquisitions late in the summer after various tournaments are over.......we're sure next season will be different....we've prepared in just as shoddy a way as previously....but...well....we cant continue to be punished for our incompetence can we.......can we?"
35+45=80+20=100

He just gets this expensive if he wins the Balon d'or in the next 5 years. And that's not very likely. Though im not even sure yet if it's really 35+45 or just 35+10 (up to 45). Bayern's record transfer fee so far is still 40m€ for Martinez, so i guess they wouldn't pay 80m for a 18 year old.
We need details from football leaks ;)

Ridiculous fee. Happy that for one it wasn't us that overpaid massively.

Aye you are right mate. But Navas will put up a MoM performance in the Champions League final and Real Madrid will give up on him for United benefit :D One can hope :smirk:

Indeed. He's one of two top class performers we have.

You cannot be sure, but you can be very close to being sure. For example, De Bruyne was as a sure signing as you can get, while someone like Martial/Memphis is more risky. It is quite a simple concept.

Or an example of media knowing feck all and inventing stories about United (something that happens regularly with Portuguese players). Or us not being convinced with him. Or us being able to pay 30m, but not 80m for an 18 years old player. Or him wanting to go to Bayern. Or our new manager not wanting him.

It isn't irrelevant at all. We have a limited sum of money that comes from revenue. We have to fix other positions which might be more urgent. Assuming that we will spend a lot of money on an attacker, right winger and a defender, we maybe didn't have 80m or so, to spend in an 18 years old midfielder who has played for half a season. Bayern on the other hand don't have to fix their attack, so probably they had more money to spend on him than us.

It could be a lot of things, but us being idiots and getting blind-sided isn't one of those things. Since Moyes was sacked, we have been very efficient in transfers. We signed a lot of players while no-one in the media was having a clue that we were doing so, and we did some complicated transfers for a relatively short time. If we were convinced that Sanches is that great/worthy of the money Benfica was asking, I think that we would have done this signing a couple of months ago (providing that Bayern really went to sign him just a couple of days ago, which IMO is total bullshit).

Moral of the story: chill out.

Please don't patronise me.

The issue here is not losing a player to another European side - it's what that represents, namely the persistent failures of the club to get the targets they want and most importantly the failure to be able to act decisively - something which is repeatedly evident in how the club is being run from a footballing Perspective, from player transfers to persisting with Van Gaal.

If you think what United have been is "efficient" in their transfer dealings then that's fine. To me that's so far from true it's laughable.

Far from believing everything I read in the press I believe what I see in front of me...

Giving the job to Van Gaal who arrived so late post World Cup they ended up with a few mediocre players in Blind and Rojo and a desperation signing in Di Maria who the manager seemingly had no plan for and who didn't even want to be here.

They spent most of last summer clearing out players who were not sufficiently replaced and flirting with Sergio Ramos in some bizzare "you take one of ours and and we'll target one of yours" power struggle with Real - and still almost selling De Gea anyway.

This summer, so far, we've got a half wit of a manager for another year who's going to put players off with his dreadful style of play - and the fact that he's gone in 12 months at best means everything is again up in the air - not an ideal time to sign for a new club on a 5 year contract. Meanwhile Ed and his cronies will be dreaming about Neymar, Bale, Pele and Beckenbaur or other fantasy targets and getting no big deals done other than another noodle sponsor in the Far East.

As it stands we've got a squad of average second choice players barring a couple of genuine class performers and a couple of very good kids. Not an "efficient" way to utilise £200 plus million in my book.

You can keep up your "it's all fine" positive spin on the current regime and its your prerogative, but I don't buy it. Things are a disaster and without serious change this club will be left behind.

Gutted we've missed out on him but can't help but wonder whether it's because of the add ons make it a hugely expensive deal.

I don't understand why people worry about money and add ons so much. It isn't our money, why does it matter? Also, ultimately inflation is inevitable. Clubs have more money, Football is attracting more fans and getting more money so naturally players are going to be worth more.

Real Madrid have reached more champions league finals recently so why aren't they so magnificently run according to some on here? they are seen as a joke of a club

Oh, they're many things but not a joke. If you can run a club on a criminal deficit like that for decades without any country or football organisation so much as voice conern over the practices, you're a fecking genius. :D

You can keep up your "it's all fine" positive spin on the current regime and its your prerogative, but I don't buy it. Things are a disaster and without serious change this club will be left behind.

It really doesn't need more than a few good key decisions and one season to turn things around dramatically. I agree with you that your situation looks more grim than usual (without actually being a big problem, tbh), but it doesn't hurt to keep spirits up. Not a popular opinion on forums usually, I admit. :)

I don't understand why people worry about money and add ons so much. It isn't our money, why does it matter? Also, ultimately inflation is inevitable. Clubs have more money, Football is attracting more fans and getting more money so naturally players are going to be worth more.

Where do you think clubs get their money? Do you think they would be able to function without the support of the fans? I mean clearly you don't.

It's not our money sure, but kind of it is. Yeah, some clubs get the sugar daddy hook-up and that goes a ways, but in the end without the supporters, the clubs are nothing, so I find it reasonable when the supporters question the financial decisions the clubs make, and the most obvious one that most people are interested in are transfer fees and wages.

Where do you think clubs get their money? Do you think they would be able to function without the support of the fans? I mean clearly you don't.

It's not our money sure, but kind of it is. Yeah, some clubs get the sugar daddy hook-up and that goes a ways, but in the end without the supporters, the clubs are nothing, so I find it reasonable when the supporters question the financial decisions the clubs make, and the most obvious one that most people are interested in are transfer fees and wages.
You've a fair point, but United are projected to be the richest club in the world within the next few years. Money does not seem to be a problem at all. I can understand that there is finite amount we can spend but we won't go near that.

You've a fair point, but United are projected to be the richest club in the world within the next few years. Money does not seem to be a problem at all. I can understand that there is finite amount we can spend but we won't go near that.

Considering what we have to do, we still have to be wise about it. It's not like we need just one player.

I think they messed up, he's not worth more than 20 million. With 20 million more they could buy Probga so I don't think that was good business on the Germans part, someone saved benfica's finances again...

It's amazing how everyone just assumes we will pay all of the 45 million € in additions till 2021 :wenger:
Do you need that to make you feel better?
One condition is known to be the Ballon d'Or, others do most likely include CL finals apperances and stuff. So, unlikely we will even pay half of that.

I'm sure their academy is more then adequate. They are a world class club operating on a world class level, look at the players they have and have had in the last ten years, amazing. A no fuss club who learn from their mistakes. Why does it always turn to the academy on this forum, ours certainly hasn't been pulling up trees the last 12 years.

Next season, we will probably field 4: Müller, Alaba, Lahm and Hummels.
We had a dry spell recently though, although you need exceptional talent to break into such a team. But the results of our youth Bundesliga team haven't exactly been stellar the last years.

It's amazing how everyone just assumes we will pay all of the 45 million € in additions till 2021 :wenger:
Do you need that to make you feel better?
One condition is known to be the Ballon d'Or, others do most likely include CL finals apperances and stuff. So, unlikely we will even pay half of that.

Renato Sanches deal: €35m guaranteed. €5m for every 25 appearances. €20m for Ballon d'Or shortlist/FIFA Team of the Year. #FCBayern #MUFC

If it's unlikely that you'll pay half of it, then it's a fecking terrible deal for Bayern. Btw this information comes from Duncan Castles(Jorge Mendes lapdog). It's exactly like the Martial deal and yet Martial is still counted as 80m Euros where as this will be counted as 35m Euros. Typical really.

Renato Sanches deal: €35m guaranteed. €5m for every 25 appearances. €20m for Ballon d'Or shortlist/FIFA Team of the Year. #FCBayern #MUFC

If it's unlikely that you'll pay half of it, then it's a fecking terrible deal for Bayern. Btw this information comes from Duncan Castles(Jorge Mendes lapdog). It's exactly like the Martial deal and yet Martial is still counted as 80m Euros where as this will be counted as 35m Euros. Typical really.

Lol so true, why not just say what we were saying with Martial. Hope we pay the full fee, be worth it.

It's an insane deal if that's true. I honestly wonder what our scouts see in him. It's not a late panic deal either, the transfer window doesn't open for 6 more weeks. Why the rush? It's just a massive turn around from everything we've done in the past when it comes to transfers. And 25 appearances are nothing. Apparantly it's 5m for every 25 games up until 25m (the remaining 20m to make it 80 overall are for the Ballon d'Or shortlist). Götze has already 113 for Bayern in 3 years despite several long injury breaks and often being left out of the starting XI, so reaching 100-125 appearances for us is really not that difficult. We most likely have to pay 55-60m for him even if he fails to do well for us and leaves in 3 years and that's always a big possibility when you sign a 18 year old. I really don't get it.

It's an insane deal if that's true. I honestly wonder what our scouts see in him. It's not a late panic deal either, the transfer window doesn't open for 6 more weeks. Why the rush? It's just a massive turn around from everything we've done in the past when it comes to transfers. And 25 appearances are nothing. Apparantly it's 5m for every 25 games up until 25m (the remaining 20m to make it 80 overall are for the Ballon d'Or shortlist). Götze has already 113 for Bayern in 3 years despite several long injury breaks and often being left out of the starting XI, so reaching 100-125 appearances for us is really not that difficult. We most likely have to pay 55-60m for him even if he fails to do well for us and leaves in 3 years and that's always a big possibility when you sign a 18 year old. I really don't get it.

I think it's just that he's an extra ordinary talent and Bayern think he'll be worth more than that what they've paid for(like us with Martial). Btw all this LvG vetoed the deal in February thing seems nonsense to me, I think we wanted him but as soon as Bayern came along, he wanted to sign for them and that's fair enough.

Upto a max off?

Wow, 5m for every 25 appearances seems excessive to me. He's easily going to get those number of appearances.

Btw all this LvG vetoed the deal in February thing seems nonsense to me
Why ? I find it very believable to be honest. If not van Gaal, the next in charge of making football decisions would be Woodward (Unless Mourinho is secretly in talks about players to bring in) and Woodward knows zilch about Football. It makes sense that whilst he is in charge, he makes the decisions. Whether, it's right or wrong is a different debate, but I do find it credible.

I just think that this briefing comes to save face after we've been rejected by him.

I think it's just that he's an extra ordinary talent and Bayern think he'll be worth more than that what they've paid for(like us with Martial). Btw all this LvG vetoed the deal in February thing seems nonsense to me, I think we wanted him but as soon as Bayern came along, he wanted to sign for them and that's fair enough.
Don't really care about that. It doesn't make any difference for us if other clubs were interested and why a transfer didn't happen before. I'm convinced that we wouldn't spend so much money on him so early in the transfer window, if we weren't 100% sure that he's fully commited to us.

I hope you're right and that he really is an extraordinary talent. But even if he is, he's still only 18 and could easily struggle for 2 years trying to play at an elite level no matter how talented he is. We'll see what happens, but it's a massive gamble. Doesn't matter if he turns into an elite player or not.

Don't really care about that. It doesn't make any difference for us if other clubs were interested and why a transfer didn't happen before. I'm convinced that we wouldn't spend so much money on him so early in the transfer window, if we weren't 100% sure that he's fully commited to us.

I hope you're right and that he really is an extraordinary talent. But even if he is, he's still only 18 and could easily struggle for 2 years trying to play at an elite level no matter how talented he is. We'll see what happens, but it's a massive gamble. Doesn't matter if he turns into an elite player or not.

How good was he against you in the Champions league? Definitely think that played a role in you signing him for that fee.

I just think that this briefing comes to save face after we've been rejected by him.
The source for the article was The Sun I believe who I am sure would no doubt want to embaress us more than to help us save face.

The source for the article was The Sun I believe who I am sure would no doubt want to embaress us more than to help us save face.

Not true. The telegraph and the Independent also carrying this.

35m guaranteed fee. 25m in appearances(125 appearances) and 20m for Ballon'D Shortlist(best 23 players)
Wow, just wow. So Bayern are almost guaranteed to pay 60m euros for him? On the basis of playing half a season at top level? Football has gone mad.

Martial had at least 70 games in France and Europe, this seems a bit of a crazy deal.