Redcafe Snooker

fergosaurus

Bad luck from Kyren to knock that red in after going into the pack. The way the balls were it would probably be 8-7 now without that misfortune.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is a great final now . Ronnie is a bit all over the place but he can win 2-3 frames in a row anytime

Brophs

The One and Only
Fair play to Wilson for making this a match, even if O'Sullivan isn't helping himself.

Ainu

Ronnie can count his blessings getting out of this with 10-7. That last miss is a kick to the stomach for Wilson. He's looked the more focused of the two in this session, but tomorrow is another day.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
One of the worst finals I’ve seen quality wise. Very poor. Fair play to Wilson got managing to bring it back, tough luck on him that it isn’t 9-8.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Both players will be happy with 10-7 after today.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
:lol: I’m terrible at snooker, one of those sports i really wish I’d have played more growing up. Would love to be semi-decent at it!
I played loads when I was younger and got up to a reasonable standard but it means absolutely sod all, without ploughing the hours in you lose it so quickly and it’s just a hot mess of frustration. I’ll be amazed if I have more than a couple breaks in the twenties tomorrow.

MUM

Last night, Ronnie maintained that like the great Joe Davis, had said in his book, the 'Cue Action' is key for the fight, and that he, O'Sullivan, needs to improve his cue action? But he's managed to still lead in this final at the end of today?

A great game to look forward to tomorrow.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I played loads when I was younger and got up to a reasonable standard but it means absolutely sod all, without ploughing the hours in you lose it so quickly and it’s just a hot mess of frustration. I’ll be amazed if I have more than a couple breaks in the twenties tomorrow.
What’s your highest break?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
What’s your highest break?
Mid 70s, it was either 74 or 77 I think but we’re talking 14/15 years ago now. I was knocking in 40+ fairly regularly at the time. I got back into playing again around 5 years ago for a little while and got back up to a reasonable standard but had nothing like the consistency, then started playing again 18 months ago (mostly American Pool and Chinese Billiards though) but really struggled on the Snooker table, my eyes have just about had it to be honest and even contact lenses don’t fully correct my vision any more :(

red4ever 79

:lol: I’m terrible at snooker, one of those sports i really wish I’d have played more growing up. Would love to be semi-decent at it!
Think my highest break was like 27 or something. Used to love going to the snooker hall every friday evening after school. Dare say I had my first beer in that hall aswell. The darkness in the hall, the silence, the sound of the ball cracking against the other balls. Good times.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Started watching it regularly this season and I just love how good the commentators are , most of them are ex professionals and are pretty much on the ball about what's happening

.Phil1968

Looking forward to the conclusion today, used to play a bit in my youth but there's no snooker halls where I live any more which is a shame.
Reading up on past finals in 1948 Fred Davies beat Walter Donaldson by 84 frames to 61 in a final which lasted 9 days.
The whole tournament lasted from 9th February until the 1st of May. :lol: Nuts

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Mid 70s, it was either 74 or 77 I think but we’re talking 14/15 years ago now. I was knocking in 40+ fairly regularly at the time. I got back into playing again around 5 years ago for a little while and got back up to a reasonable standard but had nothing like the consistency, then started playing again 18 months ago (mostly American Pool and Chinese Billiards though) but really struggled on the Snooker table, my eyes have just about had it to be honest and even contact lenses don’t fully correct my vision any more :(
Yeah I haven’t played for years, used to play cue sports 4 nights a week when I was younger. Unfortunately it’s a game that just goes to shit without regular practise.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Looking forward to the conclusion today, used to play a bit in my youth but there's no snooker halls where I live any more which is a shame.
Reading up on past finals in 1948 Fred Davies beat Walter Donaldson by 84 frames to 61 in a final which lasted 9 days.
The whole tournament lasted from 9th February until the 1st of May. :lol: Nuts
How the feck does that work. Looks like all the other rounds were best of 71 but they just played till 71 frames were completed regardless :lol:

Tarrou

How the feck does that work. Looks like all the other rounds were best of 71 but they just played till 71 frames were completed regardless :lol:
they used to play out the dead frames for some reason

I was reading about him and his brother the other day, his brother never lost a match at the world championships - winning it 15 times

red4ever 79

Started watching it regularly this season and I just love how good the commentators are , most of them are ex professionals and are pretty much on the ball about what's happening
Eurosport ones are the best. Jimmy White on there doing the analysis and Neal Foulds who is very articulate and astute about the game.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Yeah I haven’t played for years, used to play cue sports 4 nights a week when I was younger. Unfortunately it’s a game that just goes to shit without regular practise.
Can confirm. Just back from playing and I didn’t get out of the teens. Horrible game really.

R77

Can confirm. Just back from playing and I didn’t get out of the teens. Horrible game really.
Me and a mate have just arranged to go next week, and I don't expect to pot more than two balls in a row. Don't think I've played on a full size table for over 20 years. Used to play a lot until my mid/late teens. Still have my cue. Highest break was 64 as I remember it. 77 is bloody good going. Tbh, I found the biggest difficulty was endurance. There was a sweet spot of 3-5 frames, and it somehow got more difficult after that.

Having read that Ronnie was making competitive centuries at 10 years old (!) shows how freakinshly good he and other pros are. Crazy.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think red black red black you can take as a semi-decent result. If there’s still a bit of screw back there as well it’s a bonus

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Me and a mate have just arranged to go next week, and I don't expect to pot more than two balls in a row. Don't think I've played on a full size table for over 20 years. Used to play a lot until my mid/late teens. Still have my cue. Highest break was 64 as I remember it. 77 is bloody good going. Tbh, I found the biggest difficulty was endurance. There was a sweet spot of 3-5 frames, and it somehow got more difficult after that.

Having read that Ronnie was making competitive centuries at 10 years old (!) shows how freakinshly good he and other pros are. Crazy.
The standard is ridiculously high. I used to play in the same club as a bloke who’d made 20+ maximums. He couldn’t make it on the tour though. When you see people like McGill struggling to make a 50, don’t be fooled....he’ll have made hundreds of maximums in practice, so many he’ll have lost count

R77

The standard is ridiculously high. I used to play in the same club as a bloke who’d made 20+ maximums. He couldn’t make it on the tour though. When you see people like McGill struggling to make a 50, don’t be fooled....he’ll have made hundreds of maximums in practice, so many he’ll have lost count
Yeah it's mental. I should think that reaching that level of focus and ball control is a fraction of the battle. Doing it against other people of similar ability in a competitive environment, not to mention with an audience and cameras, is a whole other universe again.

I am so ready for this day , hope Ronnie wins
Indeed. I'm already thinking will he ever equal Hendry with another one after, but am getting too far ahead. It's not over yet.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Think Ronnie will want to get off to a quick start here, try getting it over and done with before he becomes bored/tired.

Wilson might be smart to drag it out a bit.

cyberman

Theyre overplaying Wilsons session last night. He started in 4 frames down and now its 3. He needed a bit more, saying 8-2 down is cheating the point a bit

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I feel like Ronnie's gonna lose...

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I've only tuned in now so this debate is probably over and done with but why on earth are there fans?!

I can't think of a sport where fans are less necessary, seems like an awful decision.