Redcafe Snooker

Ainu

I hope Ronnie makes it. A player as extraordinary as him should be up there in terms of world titles. I like Kyren and hope he wins it one day, just not this time.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I hope Ronnie makes it. A player as extraordinary as him should be up there in terms of world titles. I like Kyren and hope he wins it one day, just not this time.
I think it's Kyren's time. I've been a big fan of his for a long time now. He's ready to make the jump.

Alemar

You saying Ronnie or Wilson can't play tactical? In that last frame Ronnie got out of and retaliated with some snookers to match and eventually beat Selby.

Anyway each to their own mate, but seeing players actually potting balls and being good at it is why I watch the game. Not for tucking merchants.
I have a lot of respect for O’Sullivan, get me right. Certainly he is one of the greatest of all time in snooker, no doubts about that - but I never liked him. When I only started to watch snooker, I was supporting Hendry (in his decline already, though), and would prefer Ronnie to stay at 5 titles. Best chance for that was a Selby win :)

In terms of preferences, now I support Judd (so also a very good break builder), and don’t like Selby per se - just needed him to stop O’Sullivan :)

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I have a lot of respect for O’Sullivan, get me right. Certainly he is one of the greatest of all time in snooker, no doubts about that - but I never liked him. When I only started to watch snooker, I was supporting Hendry (in his decline already, though), and would prefer Ronnie to stay at 5 titles. Best chance for that was a Selby win :)

In terms of preferences, now I support Judd (so also a very good break builder), and don’t like Selby per se - just needed him to stop O’Sullivan :)
That's fair enough ;)

Habs

How so? Ronnie is insanely popular and a lot of snooker fans couldn’t care less about any other player than him.
Pretty much this. I feel like he’s been carrying snooker for the last 10 years or so. Nobody has really come through in that time who you feel has amazing talent or a decent personality. Most of them are miserable or boring. I think Ronnie for the last few years is just enjoying himself and doing his thing.

I think its says a lot about the standard in the game currently when you have a 44 year old winning as much as he does, regardless of how great a player he is. When he leaves I doubt I’ll watch snooker as much as I do now

Wilt

It’s said there’s a very fine line between genius and madness

Ronnie GOAT

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
How so? Ronnie is insanely popular and a lot of snooker fans couldn’t care less about any other player than him.
It was mostly a joke, and play on many posts (probably not from Cafe) whenever Ronnie plays and him "saving" snooker from various Selbies, Binghams and such. And seen such posts for years now.

I do not care about him though, so would love a Wilson win. Snooker will survive without him, no problem.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How exactly you mean? He does have most fans, very popular, but how is he carrying the sport?
Personally as a very casual fan the only time I ever have an interest in snooker is when Ronnie is up to something. I know that's the same for other casuals.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It's annoying how iplayer is saying I need to update my device to be able to watch the snooker- I have an S9. BBC1 is the only fecking channel on Sky that is not HD by default.

Ainu

Not sure I agree with Hendry that Wilson needs to win the first session. He just needs to stay in touch I think, I can see this being close all the way through.

Wayne's World

Ronnie missing plenty of pots early on but could be 3-1 here.

Wilson can't let Ronnie get too far ahead or could be curtains

Zen

How many are actually there? It seems like they've gone from zero to at least 50% capacity overnight.... talk about 'easing' into it.

But to the point, I've missed a real crowd. Even watching Barca getting trounced didn't feel all that right without a super shocked crowd.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It's annoying how iplayer is saying I need to update my device to be able to watch the snooker- I have an S9. BBC1 is the only fecking channel on Sky that is not HD by default.
Sky 115?

Anyway, just wanted to say how strange it feels having a live audience for sport again. It actually confused me for a minute when I saw the people in the seats - I read them as photo boards.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This isn’t going to be close, there’s a few levels of class between them. Only chance Wilson has is if Ronnie gets a clear lead and gets a bit bored and starts trying to keep himself motivated with some left field play and the loses his head as Wilson claws it back.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
This isn’t going to be close, there’s a few levels of class between them. Only chance Wilson has is if Ronnie gets a clear lead and gets a bit bored and starts trying to keep himself motivated with some left field play and the loses his head as Wilson claws it back.
Yeah I can’t see it going any other way. Hope it at least stays somewhat close though as finals with a runaway winner aren’t often very entertaining.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Yeah I can’t see it going any other way. Hope it at least stays somewhat close though as finals with a runaway winner aren’t often very entertaining.
Yeah and Wilson doesn’t seem like a bad guy, I wouldn’t wish an embarrassment on him on the biggest day of his life.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Can’t miss shots like that. Not against anyone, never mind against Ronnie

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Ronnie cue action a bit off there.