RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the old RAWK dilemma.

RAWK Poster: "Their squad is so shit, poorest United squad ever. I swear we are as good as them."

Sensible Thought : "Erm. But they are 1st in the league, Ferguson must be a genius. Considering they are so shit"

RAWK Poster : "Na, mate Fergie is shit. He's tactically so naive"

Sensible Thought : "Well, how can they have a shit squad and a shit manager and still be 1st in the league?"

RAWK Poster: "Because The PL is piss poor. Poorest league in the world. I swear if you look at our team we're as good as them."

Sensible Thought : "Erm. We're 8th mate, they are 1st."

RAWK Poster: "Yeah, but that's because of the refs ain't it."

Best I've ever seen it summed up, well done. When you see it like that, it's not nonsensical at all - it's the only rational response to a complete refusal to face facts.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that Villa/Machedaaaaaaa! thread...
Can someone dig up their take on our Home game V Spurs a few weeks later, (25/4/09)..
The Twats still had aspirations of a Title, especially when Spuds went 2 0 up, however we stormed back (via a contentious Pen) to win 5 2 with Rooney Ronaldo Tevez and Berba tearing the Yids a new Hole......
Should be some Gold in there!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=241377.0

Spurs are 2-0 up and we get the penalty - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=241377.720

1-2
feck your mother webb you bastard......
2-2
you fecking twats. feck off.
3-2
feck it! Wtf is this ??

feck you webb!! You bastard just saved united!! Damn why do we support premier league club when this shit organisation is pushing scums to top??

Damn!!!
4-2
fecking cheating of the highest order.
5-2
baconface should have marched onto the pitch at full time and handed webb his envelope.
It wouldn't have been any more obvious.

Sweet, delicious tears. They're especially vociferous because we won 5-2, so deep down they all know that even if the penalty was unjust, we more than deserved the win. So much pain.

Sweet, delicious tears. They're especially vociferous because we won 5-2, so deep down they all know that even if the penalty was unjust, we more than deserved the win. So much pain.

It's just awful. I mean, I can't understand their bitterness at all.
Last season we lost the title by a few seconds and I didn't go around calling every ref a cheat and saying how undeserved it was for City. I just said 'we weren't good enough' and got on with it. You'd think they'd be able to take a step back and go, 'hang on a second, what am I saying. It's football. I shouldn't be wishing death on people.'

Oh wait. They're Liverpool fans and I know full well,they aren't capable of that.

Hahah last year there was some of that. (A little bit, not the levels of RAWK)

But to me it had an air of ':rolleyes: yeah alright - enjoy it you fecking clowns. Typical.'

It's just awful. I mean, I can't understand their bitterness at all.
Last season we lost the title by a few seconds and I didn't go around calling every ref a cheat and saying how undeserved it was for City. I just said 'we weren't good enough' and got on with it. You'd think they'd be able to take a step back and go, 'hang on a second, what am I saying. It's football. I shouldn't be wishing death on people.'

Oh wait. They're Liverpool fans and I know full well,they aren't capable of that.

That's where RAWK comes into its own. Many Liverpool fans like a rant now and again about United-biased refs, but they normally keep it mostly amongst themselves, and will often begrudgingly admit that it's bollocks, or that it can't account for every United win and trophy. But at RAWK, that delusion is overwhelmingly the norm. More than that, those who don't believe in it are treated as strange, and even victimised. So the belief is intensively normalised. When they step back a moment, they just see everyone else saying the same thing, or pushing it even further. There's no 'voice of reason'. It's classic mob mentality behaviour.

It's the old RAWK dilemma.

RAWK Poster: "Their squad is so shit, poorest United squad ever. I swear we are as good as them."

Sensible Thought : "Erm. But they are 1st in the league, Ferguson must be a genius. Considering they are so shit"

RAWK Poster : "Na, mate Fergie is shit. He's tactically so naive"

Sensible Thought : "Well, how can they have a shit squad and a shit manager and still be 1st in the league?"

RAWK Poster: "Because The PL is piss poor. Poorest league in the world. I swear if you look at our team we're as good as them."

Sensible Thought : "Erm. We're 8th mate, they are 1st."

RAWK Poster: "Yeah, but that's because of the refs ain't it."

:lol: RAWK perfectly summed up there!

When the truth does out - and it will, but perhaps just not until the Premier League has been overtaken by another European one - I wonder how many titles will have to be repealed. I suspect they'll be a minimum of six down on their current total.

Wow.... Just wow

What a waste of space Arsenal are, can't even beat this load of crap.

FT - That's that then. Cheated their way to another title.

Congrats FA - you got what you've been working towards all f'ing season.

Seriously come on lads. Be a little bit gracious in defeat. I'm hurt and devastated as well but there is no reason to act like idiots.

They've won the title through corruption - that's undeniable, so it's hard to be gracious. On a level playing field, they'd be a solid third placed team.

Ha ha.

Why Not Call It The Premier League?
Right, it's going to seem like I am a bit bitter because Liverpool took a running dive out of the cup, and while watching a top team getting owned by a team 50 places beneath it can be rather fun, it does ruin the next round a little bit in my opinion. I suspect Leeds and Oldham will both end up going out in the next round and all the fight and bluster they showed today will end up being for nothing.

After the match this afternoon I was watching the draw and vying for a big game to look forward to but actually with so many top teams already out the chances of a mouth-watering tie are hugely diminished. What is the eye catching tie of the 5th round - Reading away at Man Utd? I realise that some people will point out I've missed the essence behind "the magic of the cup" but for the most part football tends to follow a very predictable trend where the team with the most money wins the game so the chance of seeing a lower division club make a run to the final is pretty low, evidenced by the fact that Millwall are the only non-Premier league club to have reached the final since the Premiership was formed.

It's obviously a bit silly to point this out but had Liverpool actually seen off Oldham then there would be a Merseyside derby on the cards which I think most people would be a bit more excited by than watching Luton at home to Millwall.

The magic of the cup is a nice dream but I reckon when the magic truly comes to life, on the scale it has done this time around, it just leads to lower viewing figures, which means less money, which means less attention paid to the trophy, which ultimately means that everyone fields weak teams and doesn't worry about what happens.

I am sure someone is going to point out that the list of FA Cup winners is dominated by the top teams but a scan through the semi-finalists in previous years implies that there really weren't many genuine contenders left by that stage in many of the past ten years of the competition. Allocating the fourth champions league spot to the FA Cup winners would really make the competition a far more interesting watch; I very much doubt Liverpool and Tottenham would have had one eye on their mid-week fixtures if they knew winning this competition would get them into the promised land.

Not from RAWK, from the F365 mailbox from yesterday. FFS.

Ok, they have their 18th.

But you know what? Proud of our lads this season, you have to mount a title challenge before winning the title, simple as. We've done that and number 19 is not far away, we know it, they know it, the world knows it.

The Reds are coming up the hill

Hill a bit bigger than they thought? Or did they run out of petrol?

Good things come to those who wait. Wait until our dynasty under Rafa truly gets going.

Oh well, we are safe in the knowledge that WE, Liverpool Football Club worked our socks off to win this title, Man Utd on the other hand, had a lot of points 'handed to them' and enough to win the damn title.

YAWN.

Right, that's it then. Your times up Ferguson, you've had your lot, when your own fans boo you on the day you win them the title you're decadent and have lost it.

Come on Reds, heads up, heads up everyone! Dignity and defiance!

We win the title next season it belongs to us! This was our learning curve, and we shaped it into a scimitar to slash them next year!

COME ON LETS GO!!!!!!

Good stuff...

...for the most part football tends to follow a very predictable trend where the team with the most money wins the game so the chance of seeing a lower division club make a run to the final is pretty low, evidenced by the fact that Millwall are the only non-Premier league club to have reached the final since the Premiership was formed.

Hmmm, I could have sworn Cardiff weren't in the Premier League when they got to the final to face Portsmouth...

Actually, I kind of agree with him. Cup upsets are hilarious when they happen, but they reduce the quality of the later rounds. I mean, there are no decent ties in the fifth round now.

Actually, I kind of agree with him. Cup upsets are hilarious when they happen, but they reduce the quality of the later rounds. I mean, there are no decent ties in the fifth round now.

Well, I hope Oldham knock out Everton, Leeds knock out Citeh and Brentford beat Chelski so that it makes our path easier. I say feck the glamour ties, and let's win the cup :D

That's the joys of the cup. Seeing Liverpool get knocked out by Oldham or Arsenal going out to Bradford is brilliant to watch. If it was us that went out to Oldham, would he have said the same thing?

I don't just think they are "hilarious", I think they are the most entertaining part of the Cup and these upsets make it a better competition. If it was PL v PL every week it'd be complete tosh.

You say there are no decent ties in the fifth round, well we'll see about that because 2 of the best ties in the fourth round involved Bradford City and Oldham Athletic.

We see enough "glamour ties" in the PL. The only thing I truly care about are that the semi finals feature teams that all have a chance of making the final.

fecking crying here :lol:

naked desire :lol:

Full post:

I agree with the posters above in the main; Don't ask me why after Tuesday's madness - but I STILL believe that for us, the league title this season WILL come down to the final games for us AND United. And no to the other poster eulogising the 'United Youth'; The United youth are NOT that great - not compared to what they had in the 'Class of '92' (Beckham, Scholes, Neville 1 & 2 etc) anyway. In fact I think OUR Youth team if not surpassing theirs is certainly its match in levels of ability, skill, class etc and winning mentality AND it cost us far less. Also if they're going to be so great - then WHO will bring them through as Fergie brought through their 1992 team and he won't be here in 3 years time. So who will bring them through to the First team? (By which time they COULD be chasing us, who knows..................

As to the premise of the article (the original post). Couldn't agree more mate - I wrote a thread on this subject myself a few months back (find it HERE: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=239935.0) and provoked more than a few arguments. But I still stand by what I said AND by what this poster says - 1:) Fergie IS getting more and more paranoid and furious (and bitter that we're back almost) as we get on their tail and just STAY there, not falling away through losing to small teams like Arsenal have, or losing our touch in the 'big' matches (as Chelsea have) but we're still there through it all, outrageous refereeing decisions, public abuse from Fergie, attempts by the managers, commentators and media outlets on his payroll to destabilise us furiously;

Yes, they've been there for the past 20 years ever since Fergie got his grubby mits on the League title and/or got near it before 1993, all these things but now we see the truth don't we? All along, THIS is what Fergie's been afraid of, THIS is what all his abuse of/control of media, referees etc have been established for gradually, to make it as hard as possible for US to do to them what they've done to us since 1992. Back then, although we didn't see it, there was a red monster shaping in our wingmirror, gearing up, finding the ignition, learning how to break down teams that 'park the bus' (yes it gave THEM problems to once), overcome refereeing decisions and thus dominate (and win) League Title race after League Title race in a way that WE pioneered. Does this sound familiar yet? Guess WHO the Red Monster was back then and WHO was at the controls? Now? The situations reversed, it's US steamrollering towards THEM with all the force of our history, our fans and sheer, naked DESIRE on our side and Fergie can see this - you see the greatest weakness of his and United's position is that they've ALWAYS, even now been playing catch-up to OUR Totals at home and in Europe, and doesn't Ferguson and all of 'them' hate it? Just ONE League Title for us would have rendered ALL of his efforts useless other than getting to within TWO league titles of us and yet it hasn't happened and gradually, they've eaten up the gap, built up their hopes along with those of their mad Manager so much so that right now, right on the brink of success in his REAL aim (dethroning us from the 'Most Successful' throne at home), imagine how paranoid they must be to suddenly turn around and see guess what? Yep, the same Red Monster they thought they'ed destroyed years ago, sitting there, waiting to pounce and it doesn't matter if we do it this season OR next - they'll STILL not have overtaken us- we WILL win the title in 1 of the next 2 (3 at the most) Years and reduce all Ferguson's efforts to dust under Rafa'. Why? Because we've found the one thing we've needed since Dalglish abandoned ship in '91 - a true manager who in terms of humility as all else could probably give Fergie lessons, we've found a successsor to that magical line of 80's and 70's managers who bestrode football in England and Europe like giants - we found Rafa' and now HE is at the wheel of OUR Red Monster and there's NOTHING that Ferguson and Manchester can do to stop it.

And what's more? they know it to. They've shot their bolt - this is their last desperate flash in the dark just, it's the end of their dynasty, not so much crumbling, more dissolving as ours did in 1991 - their players are still individual stars of the highest quality as ever but their ability as a TEAM has gone down immensely since last season and what's more I think the Credit Crunch may affect their ability to bring in badly needed midfield reinforcements (and where are WE strongest?) United are to tired, tired from 20 years of chasing us and not overtaking, tired from all the worry that one day we WOULD wake up and establish NEW records and they're knackered from both the paranoia AND the strength required to hold us off now that we HAVE awoken. If it's taking all their strength to hold us off NOW, what do you think can happen next season from the START? With us in the kind of mood we've been in this season since March began. IF we don't win it this year (and like the OLD Liverpool - the REAL Liverpool; Rafa's side won't concede the prize until the final whistle in May), then we WILL win it next, why? Because you've seen it this year for yourselves, we have the belief now, we have that much vaunted quality of 'experiencing' a title race (a ding-dong 'you take top spot, no we'll have it back' battle no less), we have a team, players and managers so hungry for the title (as United were in 1992) that they'd probably put the Halloween series to shame by how much blood they'd spill for it if necessary. Most of all? We've proven it to ourselves, we've cracked the psychological barriers one by one this season, we've beaten nay BATTERED all comers for much of the season in many different competitons, lower sides? destroyed (ala Newcastle, Blackburn, Bolton to name but 3), the best dissected (Chelsea, United, Real Madrid, Villa etc), Parking the bus? (still a little problem but one that games against Boro', Blackburn, Sunderland, Bolton and United themselves have shown we CAN break down when we put our minds to it this season), away from home? (we've won at Goodison, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, drawn at the Emirates and wrote a book on how to play football with our B team in DESTROYING Newcastle in December). Oh yes, I nearly forgot, spectacular comebacks have been on the menu to (Wigan 1 - 2 ahead at Anfield? No problem, Worried about 0 - 2 down at Man City? Not a chance, 0 - 1 down at OT in a summit meeting? Phased by it? Don't make me laugh). We've conquered all our demons this season, one by one as listed above, we've picked up points over the whole season and against nearly everyone, we've engaged in 'mind games' with Fergie and if not winning, we certainly haven't rolled over and lost as Keegan did all those years ago (Did Newcastle batter United in their own backyard and take top spot back from them what 5? 6 times in the run in with a possible 7th tommorrow (fingers crossed) during the 1996 race? Thought not).

Basically, ladies and gents. In terms of form, goals scored, points gained over time at this moment IN time we ARE the best side in England - however many scabby 1 - 0's, 2 - 1's or 3 - 2's those b*stards from OT scab in crucial games. You can't win titles repeatedly that way - remember Houllier? And they know it, why do you think their fans are mirroring their manager and cooking in their own bile and venom at present - they KNOW that the Anfield Juggernaut is not just drawing level with that from Old Trafford as it tries to pull ahead on a creaky engine driven by a vexed, cursing, purple faced Scotsman with the finish line in sight - oh no, said Anfield Juggernaut is getting ready to ram the Old Trafford bandwagon off the road and into a ditch permanently whilst driven by the smiling assassin Rafa' Benitez and best of all? There's nothing Fergie and the Manc' hordes can do to stop it bar watch as it happens.

I think however the season ends now, We've convinced ourselves we're the best - and THAT is the hardest barrier of all to clear, the one that United could NOT clear for 26 years until 1993. Now? All that remains is to go out and show the rest of this league that we ARE the best. And we're well capable of that. The original poster was right in his statement but wrong in his analogy - there are indeed alarm bells blaring out our intentions to the world loud and clear but their not so much those proclaiming a new event or the advent of a new power as those proclaiming a cataclysm as that's what we're going to do to the Premier League and the cosy little Man Utd 'Clique' helping them stay at the top (his ex players as managers, his support from shite like Allardyce and even the likes of Wenger supporting him in the title race? None of it will matter before long and as to Ferguson? I'm not sorry for him, not at all, it's loooooooong past time HE was knocked off his perch and who better to do it than us? Truly , the side he loves above all others? No wonder the man's bitter, I would be to if I'd done all he did and now saw THIS coming in the near future to crush my legacy underfoot - and you know what? We will to - Believe me, when Rafa' retires, few will remember Alex Ferguson and his one-time quest to overtake our records, Rafa' will see to that.

Ferguson knows all this of course and you know what hurts him the most? It's that WHEN all this happens (and it will) he'll be powerless to stop it - having been long retired. How that must gall him, working all that time, doing all he's done and now seeing it threatened by the one manager he'd NEVER want near anything like that and best of all? We only need to win the league once in the next couple of years, and we will - I'm sure of that now, we will win it within the next 3 years and Fergie's quest to overshadow us will join his job in history. It couldn't happen to a nicer hard drinking, Taggart clone could it? I'll end by saying I am NOT sorry Mr Ferguson, not at all - goodbye and good riddance when you go. Hope you enjoy your retirement knowing that you tried so hard to achieve your goal and it was all in vain............................................

Truly disturbing yet possibly the greatest thing i've ever attempted to read.

:lol: - that post about the Anfield juggernaut is exactly what this thread is all about. Absolutely hilarious.

Truly disturbing yet possibly the greatest thing i've ever attempted to read.

I read it start to finish with utmost fascination. To quote Bane in The Dark Knight Rises: "There can be no true despair without hope". I fear for the author of that masterpiece. So hopeful back then, so certain of impending greatness.

Hmmm, I could have sworn Cardiff weren't in the Premier League when they got to the final to face Portsmouth...

Didnt Cardiff make the final a few seasons back too? He says its only been Milwall since the prem was formed to make it to Wembley.

Yep. Plus..

A final between two of the "big four" sides has only transpired three times in the last 10 years, with teams from below the top flight reaching that stage more times in that period (twice) than they had in the previous 20 years.

Only eight teams have ever won it outside of the top flight and five of them were pre-war.

Basically, anyway you want to moan about the FA Cup, you can.

Too much 'magic'? "Pah! It just makes it boring and shows how uninterested people are. It doesn't matter."

Not enough 'magic'? "Pah! It just shows how the rich clubs win anything, football's dead, we don't have a chance."

He seems to be trying to say both those things.

To be fair, I agree a champions league spot for FA Cup Winners would make a lot more people sit up and take notice.

Of course you still have that 1 in a million chance that a top 3 club will get in the final and loser (possible lower league team) can get a CL spot but that happens already with the UEFA and 4th is hardly impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.