RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their fans are a joke but I think your club is a bigger joke.

Anyways, I don't want to derail the thread. Let's keep laughing at Liverpool.

Why do they have half the threads locked? That's weird.

Because the mods on RAWK are dictators.

What makes it even funnier is that just before the game, a poster wrote an essay on 'Liverpools redemption and hindsight', which was full of all the typical flowery nonsense we all know and love.

That's probably the least dramatic sentence in the whole essay, an essay which has been sadly locked now. I particularly like the ironic inclusion of hindsight, if only they had have known, eh?

It's here on ESPN: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/liverpool/id/552?cc=5739#

It's a load of absolute horseshit to be honest.

I honestly have no idea how the older posters on here managed to cope with football when Liverpool were winning trophies regularly. They are arrogant as anything even now, they would have been truly insufferable then.

It wasn't fun, but fecking their treble up in '77 has to be a highlight of those days.

That is brilliant.

Quoted for posterity:
Hindsight and Redemption are not the likeliest of bedfellows.

Hindsight is devious, conniving, and heinous. It is a mustachio-twirling villain with a maniacal laugh, gleefully willing to expose every minute flaw in human nature. Redemption, however, is a knight upon a majestic steed. It respects the human condition; it is willing to work tirelessly to rectify wrongs, no matter how arduous and challenging.

Hindsight has an easy life. Hindsight smugly says your suit was the wrong shade of grey five minutes after you receive the galling job rejection. Hindsight singsongs you're too fat, ugly and stupid to ever get the girl while your heart is still tearing in two. Hindsight declares your car too blue, your music too loud, your education too mediocre. Even when you're not wrong, Hindsight knew it all along.

No such conceited behaviour from Redemption. Focus less on what went wrong, try hard to find solutions. Redemption purchases new suits and cars, no matter how expensive. Redemption loses weight and works harder at college, no matter how sweat-laden it could ultimately be. Hindsight wants to follow Redemption, but leads a life far easier.

Over the past few years, Liverpool have been ruled by hindsight. Every single problem was obvious to all but the oblivious.

In hindsight, 35 million pounds was too much to spend on a striker with little experience and a style completely dissonant with the rest of the squad. In hindsight, granting a club legend a three year contract after 18 league games was at least a year too long. In hindsight, waiting until the final day of the transfer window to eke out every shrapnel of value -- and ultimately leaving a thin squad to near-starvation -- was not the best negotiation strategy.

And so it has been over the past few decades. Hindsight stood next to Gerard Houllier as he embarked on his final lap around Anfield and said El-Hadji Diouf, Salif Diao and Bruno Cheyrou were not the final three pieces of a jigsaw needing only one small push. Hindsight lapped up the tears of Steven Gerrard after he was told the pursuit of Robbie Keane would ultimately scupper his best chance to lift the Premier League title.

But hindsight is easy. After regressing from title contenders and European giants into a mid-table side re-establishing itself on the continent within four years, stating what went wrong is merely an exercise of self-flagellation. It is the reaction to these blatant realities that defines the strength of an institution.

It should come as no surprise the past few seasons have seen Liverpool simply not react at all. Every mistake -- Joe Cole, Andy Carroll, Clint Dempsey -- brought further thickness to the club's catalogue of errors. It was soon followed by a shrug of the shoulders, a roll of the eyes and an overriding feeling of melancholy as the wait for the next dissatisfaction began.

But a clap of hooves can be heard around the corridors of Anfield. Redemption may have finally found its way to Merseyside to accompany its nemesis. For the first time in a while, Liverpool -- and all associated with the football club -- appear to be learning from their mistakes. Their work in the January transfer window, though only Daniel Sturridge has signed thus far, is testament to that.

Liverpool waited and waited for Dempsey until Fulham, in the final hour, could wait no longer. Redemption came in Sturridge's signature being secured before January's transfer window had barely allowed a breeze in. The club entered north-east negotiations for Carroll, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson with a ham-fistful of dollars. Redemption comes in the intelligent, cautious bidding for Internazionale's Philippe Coutinho and Blackpool's Tom Ince, both identified as targets by the club, but neither eliciting the expenditure Liverpool are reminded of so readily.

- Liverpool closing in on Coutinho

Truly, redemption seems to be a narrative prevalent in Liverpool's latest chapter. After just three points from the opening five games of Brendan Rodgers' reign, they had little choice. Each win now inches towards the disastrous start being that more irrelevant. The squad itself also houses some of those redeemed: Downing, Henderson and Jose Enrique all looked to be exiting Anfield at the start of the season but have found refuge, their clenched fists after good work a sight too often lacking last season.

Even Liverpool's three major January transfer targets face their own redemption for the sins of clubs past. With three goals in three games, Sturridge has already started to fire back claims he did not have the ability or disposition to be the main man at a big club. The imminent arrival of Coutinho gives a 20-year-old Brazilian a second chance in a major European league after promise and development failed to marry in Milan. Ince, meanwhile, will hope it is second-time lucky at Anfield; few get second auditions on such stages.

Forget the buzzwords and projects. Forget the master plan and grand design. Liverpool can become a haven for those seeking redemption and hoping to revive their fledging careers, improving some beyond recognition. Henderson, Downing and Enrique are proof of what the club can do in such little time, so too the manner Sturridge has started, and the excitement Coutinho has already brought.

For a club still unsure of its identity, perhaps this is what lies ahead. After so many years of heel-kicking and self-pitying over devilish hindsight, Anfield can become somewhere hindsight helps, not hinders. No longer does it mock the clothes you wear or the food you eat, but warns against the turquoise tracksuit and double cheeseburger. No longer does it cause grief at overspending on Carroll or overconfidence on Dempsey, but simply points to Coutinho and Sturridge as the way to conduct business.

It would appear the club begins to edge nearer to the 21st century -- albeit 13 years behind most. The scouting system no longer identifies one player, but instead a type of player with specific attributes. In theory, gone are the days when missing out on a target prompted mass panic as somebody, anybody, would do. There are still things to figure out -- the hierarchy still feels unstable as it rests upon the wheels of inexperience, with help needed around managing director Ian Ayre.

But on the pitch, redemption abounds. And though it might be hindsight's unlikely bedfellow, it could begin a journey towards Liverpool finding its own lost love: success. For now, refusing to be held hostage by the tyrannous ties of told-you-sos is success enough.

428308_551384678235086_1676434595_n.jpg

Open at your own risk. :wenger:

I honestly have no idea how the older posters on here managed to cope with football when Liverpool were winning trophies regularly. They are arrogant as anything even now, they would have been truly insufferable then.

As a United fan since the mid-60s, it was awful during the 70s/80s. We'd get the odd scraps of an FA Cup now and again while they were winning all the top honours.

Believe me, the stick we got from Scousers was just as bad as you'd imagine it would be.

That's why it's nice to rub it in now (and over the last 20+ years).

Good to see you youngsters giving them the respect they deserve. :D

Yeah. Luckily Good Liverpool pre-dates the internet, so we didn't have to read that shite because Lord knows, word of mouth was bad enough.

Woke up at half time, to a text saying "so the games were walkovers today were they", seeing Tottenham out, and then seeing Oldham 2-1 up v Liverpool!

Unbelieveable, especially when they scored and went 3-1 up.

Not quite sure about all this weakened team business.

They had Suarez, Skrtel, Henderson, Downing and Sturridge out there, and Gerrard came on.

Top work from Oldham, and Liverpool never fail to delight!

Let's get something in perspective:
1 The Ref was a Homer!!!
2 Coates Robinson haven't played properly in months.
3 There was no willingness to fight them like they bullied us
4 THE REF WAS A HOMER!!!
5 They had Tyrone from Corrie playing for them,he is due a bit of good luck. :lol:
6 Jose Baxter from EFC and Tran was always going to haunt us
7 Did I mention Homer.
8 Jones spilling the ball further than Kuyt trapping it.
9 If you rotate , rotate one or two positions, not the entire defence.
10 Their third goal was inexperience by Robinson.
11 Did Suarez upset someone in the second half, he hardly touched the ball?
12 Homer again.
13 Two steps forward, this was always going to be the third (backwards)
Other than thAT WE could have drawn, and that would caused fixture congestion. :lol:

Some quality stuff in there.

I'm just waiting for them to hit 26 years without the league. I'm waiting, I'm waiting to rub my fecking brother's nose in it who let me have it year after year after year. 2016 or so, he's getting it, both barrels between the eyes. I said it to him recently and all he said was, "sure I was just a kid."

Why would it be? He was pardoned.

That's not normally enough to stop them bleating on.

Pardoned by the home secretary wasn't he? After he was imprisoned abroad and sent here to serve the rest of his sentence.

Michael Shields was supposedly asleep the night that Liverpool won the European Cup whilst on a holiday island, yeah - sounds typical teenage Scally behaviour that. Not to mention the old unsigned confession from his mate back in England to try and muddy the waters, knowing there was no prospect of him being sent out there to face justice.

"I done it, la - signed Anon".

The way they were bleating on you'd think it was the biggest miscarriage of justice since the Birmingham six. But then again, it always is.

That's not normally enough to stop them bleating on.

Pardoned by the home secretary wasn't he? After he was imprisoned abroad and sent here to serve the rest of his sentence.

Michael Shields was supposedly asleep the night that Liverpool won the European Cup whilst on a holiday island, yeah - sounds typical teenage Scally behaviour that. Not to mention the old unsigned confession from his mate back in England to try and muddy the waters, knowing there was no prospect of him being sent out there to face justice.

"I done it, la - signed Anon".

The way they were bleating on you'd think it was the biggest miscarriage of justice since the Birmingham six. But then again, it always is.

Always the victims mate, always the victims.

The self confessed cheat Suarez was their captain. They deserve everything they get. :lol: @ Liverfail

As the motes of dust descend slowly upon the ashes of Liverpool's FA Cup dreams, it's a time for reflection; reflection and dissection, circumspection, erection and smoke detection. A town called Malice or, more prosaically, Oldham bore witness to a clash of ages in which the Reds were pitted against the Morlockian denizens of Hoofball Central. As their acolytes - not as classy as our faithful, of course - gurned and jeered at the very touch of the intrepid Captain Suarez, his visage was not unlike that of the heroic Captain Scott, thwarted in his quest to reach Mount Vesuvius before Napoleon.

Brendan Rodgers struck a curious pose as he stood in the crying rain. After the battle, he seemed resigned to the legs of Fate and spoke briefly to the expectant scribes who kept him from his relentless search for perfection; soon, he pocketed his filofax and walked into the night. Unfortunately, the team were delayed in Oldham because the boss had thrown the young players under the bus. C'est la beurre...

As Brill Shankly once said, in Scottish, to his countryman Alan Hansen: "They can keep their Corrupt Cup, son. Och aye the noo YAWN." And he was right - Oldham may well win the Cup, but we'll surely win FA.

Growing up in the 70s and 80s - slap bang between Liverpool and Manchester - it was tough.

That said - No pain, no gain - I've no idea how any young United fan who didn't grow up with Liverpool winning everything can fully appreciate the turnaround.

When United fans say we've won the treble, Liverpool fans pipe up and say they have too.

Pathetic really. Yes they won 3 trophies in a season, but it wasn't the treble :devil:

Don't know why, but I was looking up highlights of the 1977 FA Cup Final on YouTube and I couldn't figure out whether the two Greenhoff's that played were brothers so I looked it up on the Wiki page for the final and saw this:

United's victory prevented Liverpool from winning The Treble of the league title, FA Cup and European Cup – Manchester United became the first club to achieve this feat 22 years later. However, Liverpool did win a treble 15 years prior to Manchester United's, with the League Championship, European Cup, and League Cup in 1984

First part obviously written by a United fan, second part added later by a Liverpool fan no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.