RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Let's not forget perhaps the greatest passage in the book of Kopites lads. 26, 1-40

1] THEN the twenty years of plenty came to an end, and twenty years of famine set in. 21 The land was barren, and nothing flourished, and no gloty came upon the Kopites. 3] And the Kopites saw the glory of their neighbours to the east, the Devil-Worshippers, and they saw the wealth of the Philistines in the south, who were Muscovites from the house of Chav. 4] Then the Kopites suffered bitterly, and grievously did they pity themselves. 5] And the people came unto the Lord, wailing and rending their garments, which were made from shells. 6] And the Lott said, "Why are you come before me, ctying and wailing? Wherefore do you rend your garments that are made from shells?" 7] And the people cried, "Behold, 0 Lott, we suffer bitterly, like. 8] For Thou hast brought wealth upon the Philistines, and glory to the Devil-Worshippers up the mad; but in Thy anger Thou hast forsaken us Kopites, what were once blessed in Thy sight and that." 9] But the Lord replied, "IIow is it that have I have forsaken you, when I have pouted such bounty upon your heads?" 10] But the people looked about them and saw no riches, nor the shining trophies of battle. And they protested unto the Lord, "Where is this bounty then, 0 Lord, of which Thou fuchen speakest?" 11] And the Lord replied, "Yea, the bounty of the Lord is as the rain, that is drained into the sands of the desert. For it is all gone on the likes of Bruno Cheyrou." 12] But the people wept, and they no longer had faith in the Lord, and banished him from their sight. 13] And the Lord went from that place, and two new Lords came from far away in the West. 14] And the new Lords said that They would lead the people to salvation. 15] Then the people bent over before them, and were overjoyed, and they raised their voices in praise, saying, "We're proper sorted now, la. We're gonna win the league." 16] Now it had come to pass in this time that they greatly exalted the prophet Raphael, who was their leader. 17] For under his rule they fought a battle of many nations, and in the land of Lud they strove against the Berlusconians. 18] And lo, though they were almost destroyed, they fought back and vanquished the enemy, thanks to Stevie G. 19] Then the Kopites made an idol of Raphael, and cried out that he was the saviour, and by his mighty sword they would come forth from the land. 20] But in the end they came fifth. 21] When they saw that the might of the Kopites was nigh restored, all the tribes trembled. 22] But the King of the Devil-Worshippers did not tremble: he was crafty, and in his wisdom he sent a madness upon Raphael. 23] Then Raphael became as a man who dreams, speaking in tongues and seeing visions. 24] And he squandered the wealth of the people on lame and useless servants. 25] For he brought to their camp men such as El Zhar and Ngog, Degen and Bar-Ragan. And he brought Yossi the Israelite, who had settled west of the land of Ham; and Babel, in whose name men built a tower. 26] And he brought many, many more. 27] And soon Raphael feared to venture forth, lest he be vanquished, but exhorted his servants only to defend the camp. 28] Then all the tribes came to loathe the Kopites, because they were so boring. 291 So the people came before the two Lords and said, "Why don't Ye giz some ackers to Raphael, that he may bring further glory to the people?' 301 And the Lords replied, "Behold, we have given him millions and millions of shekels. But in his madness, he spent it on Glen the son of John, and Aquilani the Roman. And lo, he squandered it on Josetni. Now the bounty of the Lords is gone, for he hath spunked it on absolute garbage." 311 But the people were not satisfied, and they wrote screeds of righteous indignation, and kept saying things about 'net spend'. 32] So the Lords cast out Raphael, and sent for the prophet Roy, renowned for his steady hand and his outstretched arm and his good relations with the press. 33] But the people were in mourning for Raphael: they loved him greatly and pitied him. And they did pity also themselves. 34] For they were blind to his madness, seeing only his triumph against the 13erlusconians years before. 35] And Roy was an old man, and the Kopites lost countless battles. 36] And the people went berserk, and threatened to come into the house of the Lords and do Them harm. 371 And it came to pass that They were skint, and soon the moneylenders drove Them from the temple. 38] And so yet another Lord came among the Kopites, and he sacrificed Roy and sent for the old King who had lead the Kopites a full score years before. 39] Then the people rejoiced, and cried, "Right, this time we are pure fuchen sorted, la. We're gonna win the league." 40] And them was laughter across the land.

s/o to plech
That is THE greatest thing ever written

Nearly peed myself I did.

trfc06

Supports
Tranmere Rovers
So the top 4 predictions are out over at ground zero. Only one rawk has Liverpool as low as 3rd. 1st or 2nd for everyone else.
Then there's the detailed breakdowns...
Do you have a link please, sure its worth a laugh and I cant find it?

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Ah right. I must have missed the end of the season when Liverpool drew level on points and goals with Chelsea so they both share the trophy.
This was in response to Jose saying we had a better season than everyone bar Chelsea.
so you think they had the 2nd best season last year after Chelsea and us, Spurs and City has to prove something this season, not them?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Ah right. I must have missed the end of the season when Liverpool drew level on points and goals with Chelsea so they both share the trophy.
This was in response to Jose saying we had a better season than everyone bar Chelsea.
no, think it is something like this:
"so you think they had the 2nd best season last year after Chelsea and us, Spurs and City has to prove something this season, not them?"

clarkydaz

what the actual feck :lol:? first not signing autographs for supporters, now this. What's lined up for tomorrow?

Needham

Christ that's hard to watch.
That was the first time I've ever laughed out loud at a round of applause. Knocks all Liverpool related gifs into a cocked hat. Please please watch and learn MUFC and never ever do this.

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
jesus... maybe for an absolute legend like giggs but lucas... :lol:
Lucas is a really decent fellah. He was pilloried at Liverpool for a long time but got his head down worked and turned it around. A great example for the younger players. Lovely wife and 2 kids . Giggs on the other hand, great player and I think its unnecessary to cover the other parallels with Lucas because we all know them

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Lucas is a really decent fellah. He was pilloried at Liverpool for a long time but got his head down worked and turned it around. A great example for the younger players. Lovely wife and 2 kids . Giggs on the other hand, great player and I think its unnecessary to cover the other parallels with Lucas because we all know them
the question is not about decency though.. i focused strictly on merit. if they did this for carra/stevie g ok fine. but lucas? even you had to cringe.

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
the question is not about decency though.. i focused strictly on merit. if they did this for carra/stevie g ok fine. but lucas? even you had to cringe.
I didn't cringe at all. I am going to wheel out look at his stats. He is a far better player than he is given credit for and I will take the man over the footballer every time where we are comparing people. Football is a game that i love. Life is what we all live and decent human beings are more important than footballers.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
I didn't cringe at all. I am going to wheel out look at his stats. He is a far better player than he is given credit for and I will take the man over the footballer every time where we are comparing people. Football is a game that i love. Life is what we all live and decent human beings are more important than footballers.
Ok replace Giggs with Scholes and stop this nonsense,

AkaAkuma

"He may not have won anything, but he sure knows how to put on a great kids party"
James Milner

CG1010

Not RAWK but dear god
Why couldn't they get individual players to record messages while on the field or something. Instead they chose a dark room, all of them standing like group of prisoners being forced to make oaths of loyalty for the king. And that too for Lucas Levia ! Trust Liverpool to provide constant source of laughs.:lol:

GazTheLegend

Hahaha this quote is hilarious! Where was it on rawk?

... oh...

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
then with that logic, if we take out everything Park has won, he would have deserved it as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.