Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He's got the ultimate duff shift being with us in this period and he's already had a couple of layoffs because we over use him.

Having some wingers interested in setting him up could help though.

Well he didnt score in his first 14 pl matches or so. After that his record is good. He’s playing with a selfish winger, an uninterested lazy one and a number 10 who tries an over the top hollywood pass everytime hes on the ball. I’ll only judge him once we have some sort of cohesion going forward
So the first 14 PL games don't count, but Zirkzee, who cost half the price, is only 9 games in and gets slated every game?

How did we spend £110m on two strikers who can’t score goals and can’t even get the basics of being a good striker?
Our scouting has not worked for 10 years. That is why we are in this mess. 150m spent on Antony and Sancho.

Shame he had a poor game today and couldn't build off that great performance against Brentford.

Pretty funny how the usual cast of characters have turned up to do another victory lap about how shit a young United player is after being nowhere to be seen last weekend. :lol:

Not his fault we couldn't score in the first half as none of the chances fell to him. But the criticism from me is he goes missing way too often.

I barely noticed him in the 2nd half to the point that I forgot he was still on the pitch at the end. It's the same as last season. The team/ himself needs to involve him more so that he can be on the end of more chances. Decent performance against Brentford but back to being the same inconsistent shit again.

Guy’s 21. At this age he should be a squad member, getting substitution and rotation minutes behind a couple of reliable strikers in their mid 20s, letting him develop at his own pace.

The fact isn’t able to carry the entire club on his back is not his fault. And anyone blaming him for not being able to do that needs to get a little perspective.

Not his fault we couldn't score in the first half as none of the chances fell to him. But the criticism from me is he goes missing way too often.

I barely noticed him in the 2nd half to the point that I forgot he was still on the pitch at the end. It's the same as last season. The team/ himself needs to involve him more so that he can be on the end of more chances. Decent performance against Brentford but back to being the same inconsistent shit again.
I agree, I think one of the issues that allows Hojlund to avoid more criticism than Zirkzee is that he goes missing in games, whereas Zirkzee gets more involved and makes mistakes, but he hasn't hidden so far. Ultimately neither of them are good enough right now. Hojlund should be a rotational striker behind an experienced 28-30 year old. Zirkzee was a strange signing in that respect, United needed a more guaranteed scorer.

Not ready to lead the line and should be an understudy for a more experienced striker

His inability to find a team mate with the simplest of passes once he’s done the hard part of holding the ball up is staggering.

His inability to find a team mate with the simplest of passes once he’s done the hard part of holding the ball up is staggering.

Something he can easily improve upon though. The fact he's doing the harder parts, better is actually positive.

For a big guy (who is a striker too), his heading is pretty bad. That cross when he missed the ball completely should have been a goal.

To defend him for todays gams is as embarrassing as defending ETH.. he was shit today, but maybe he will come good some day

Not really much to work with when you have two of the most selfish wingers in the world. The one time Garnacho did pass to him, he made a pretty nice dribble but keeper was out before he could finish.

He often doesn’t do much with the ball in possession and his positioning and presence in the box needs real work. These issues have little if anything to do with greedy wingers

No striker would flourish with United’s wingers…it’s impossible to ever make a run because you never know when/if they are going to make a cross/pass into the box.

Tough job playing up top for United.

Wow, such courage! The bravery it takes to make such baseless claims.

I could never... :(
I'm tired of mollycoddling shite players in this team.

For Rasmus, shite is the norm, despite a good 10 game run in the middle of last season.

Maybe one day he won't be shite, but right now he really is.

There was a throw in that went to him just before half time. A soft, delicate ball into him and he still cocked up controlling it.

His level of basic footballing skill is so shite.