Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Great today and showed why I liked him in the first place. Do that more consistently and please don't drop stinkers where you barely look like a footballer.

Such a feel good moment!

But please stop hoofing it at him.

Probably his best game for the club.

For one his involvement level was much higher than normal. He did some poor stuff in the first 25 mins then started to get a bit of success against Collins and continued it in the second half. Some really good moments in general play with his back to goal, that is the area that improvement is most needed in and undeniably some promising signs today.

The finish for his goal was beautiful. I love it when a striker does something sexy like that instead of just blasting it every time.

Good to see him so much more involved - he can clearly play like that, I feel like we spent so much of last season ignoring him when we should have been using him like this

Great finish too

I didn't think he would score, that was class! Well played overall too, kept the ball well

Grew into the game well. He obviously has a lot to work on but he also possesses some qualities that are hard to find.

Some of the turns he made with the ball to set up teammates were magnificent. So was his goal. Very composed finish and impressive taking his recent form into consideration. He doesn’t seem to get nervous but believes in his ability.

He’s an elite finisher. Why we try to make him a target man is beyond me. Just let him run ffs
I don't understand how someone can watch him have an all-round game like that and then decide that he should just be running in behind all the time, like all our other forwards.

Less wrestling, more goalscoring.

He still has issues with his touch at times, it can be a little annoying.

Delighted he scored though! Great finish a bit like Ruud v Arsenal away all those years ago.

Great game and Ruud clearly is having a positive influence on him....

He was excellent today. His hold up play created so many good opportunities. Turning the defenders regularly and bringing others into play.

The goal was very well taken but he did certain things that made me think he was trying actively to be very involved in the buildup rather than just be a target man. A single moment to illustrate is when he spread it out to Garnacho, and then moved in his direction to offer an overlap straight away. He won a corner form it.

The goal was very well taken but he did certain things that made me think he was trying actively to be very involved in the buildup rather than just be a target man. A single moment to illustrate is when he spread it out to Garnacho, and then moved in his direction to offer an overlap straight away. He won a corner form it.

He's ALWAYS done this. Numerous times last season only to be ignored or for Garnacho/Rashford/Bruno to shoot from 10-25 yards and the attack die out. He's a pretty selfless player and at times that's his own undoing because he'd rather pass to a player in a better position than create his own.

Fella would have binned off his vaunted namesake for his goalscoring rate in 5 of his United seasons. I've just chosen to ignore his drivel.
You can't count 94/95 as he arrived in Jan

Needs to still master been in the right place at the right time just like RVN . Tends to want a cutback instead of taking a chance and been alongside the last man

Needs to still master been in the right place at the right time just like RVN . Tends to want a cutback instead of taking a chance and been alongside the last man
I think more him and Garnacho just need to learn each others tendancies.

Getting there. Still could do with getting a bit sharper (he will if he stays fit) but he's shown today that he's not the donkey some of the more memory deficient people around these parts were claiming. He is however clearly someone who can take a long time to get going at times so he needs to make up for that and turn this one in to a few.

Loved how he manipulated the ball coming into feet today with his touches, turns, and body positioning. I also thought he'd taken one too many touches before his finish, but he proved me wrong and I'm so glad that he got his goal!

Incredible what a goal can do to people’s impression of a player. He’s clearly not been at 100% this season, but all the things you guys are praising him for in this game, he’s done before. It was an excellent game from him, but last season he held the ball, bullied cb’s, turned on them, made clever runs and beautiful passes to our wingers, overlapped, went back to get the ball etc. too. He just doesn’t get credit if we disappoint or he doesn’t score.
Btw, he also did many of these things at Atalanta, so no - it’s not Ruud’s magic wand. It’s just the player Hojlund is.

Incredible what a goal can do to people’s impression of a player. He’s clearly not been at 100% this season, but all the things you guys are praising him for in this game, he’s done before. It was an excellent game from him, but last season he held the ball, bullied cb’s, turned on them, made clever runs and beautiful passes to our wingers, overlapped, went back to get the ball etc. too. He just doesn’t get credit if we disappoint or he doesn’t score.
Btw, he also did many of these things at Atalanta, so no - it’s not Ruud’s magic wand. It’s just the player Hojlund is.

I agree broadly that he did better last season than some people make out but it is also rare that he puts it all together like he did today. If you look at the video posted in this thread nearly every touch was positive. Usually there will be more of a mixed bag.

I agree broadly that he did better than some people make out but it is also rare that he puts it all together like he did today. If you look at the video posted in this thread nearly every touch was positive. Usually there will be more of a mixed bag.
No, I agree. I just object to the notion that we saw a new player today - and that it’s because of Ruud. But yes, it was one of his best games for us.