Player Agent: SEG
Foot: Left
Squad Number: #9
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2028
Contract Option: Option for a further year​

Last edited:
I love him. :lol:

Just burst out laughing when I first saw that on IG. :lol::lol:

I love this guy so much. Hope he builds on his last season performances and becomes a mainstay at this club for a long time.

It won’t happen often but I’d really like to see him in a two with Zirkzee

The biggest winner from Sancho's return.

Hojlund wants to get behind the defence to score and Sancho's best ability is his through balls.

You could argue that Sancho never really had a striker like Hojlund to play with during his United tenure. Playing through balls to Martial for example is useless because how deep Martial dropped rather than getting behind the defence like Hojlund wants to do.

Hojlund
Sancho - Bruno - Amad/Antony
When Hojlund is our main striker. 2 creative wingers with good passing to create for Hojlund.

Maybe even Antony would improve trying to cut in and create more so than be an inverted shooter.

Last edited:
The BBC has a selection of the best photos of Euro 2024.

The Hojlund one is..er... Interesting.

BBC

Hojlund's best role last season was as an impact sub. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan this season if Zirkzee works out. With the 5-sub rule he'll get plenty of game time especially in the cup competitions.

I really hope he kicks on after his disappointing Euros. He needs to seriously work on his game though and stop ghosting his way through matches.

Really hope we put more balls over the top of defence for him this season. The amount of times I feel a KDB would chance a through ball over the top for him is frustrating.

Bruno has it in him, but seemingly too deep at times.

Cracking first season, he can definitely better it if the team clicks more behind him.

I really hope he kicks on after his disappointing Euros. He needs to seriously work on his game though and stop ghosting his way through matches.
OR, with Sancho back and new players we might play in a way that actually suits and feeds him…

He isn’t in any of those photos?

They've removed it. It initially had a photo of him being pulled to the ground by a defender, who is grabbing at his shorts.

I think the BBC must have realised that having his pubes on full display probably wasn't ideal.

Back in training now. I’ve said it before, but with the terrible luck we’ve had over the last decade - we really need this signing to work. So much of what we want to do and
become over the next 5 years largely depends on our gamble that Hojlund becomes a 30+ goal striker. And we deserve if ffs, I pray to Odin and Thor that this guy does what we hoped. Unfortunately, due to the type of striker he is, only 25/30+ goals will do. He’s designed to be a high-volume scorer, a 10 goal Hojlund doesn’t have the same value as a 10 goal Zirkzee or Firmino. He just has to become that guy, but if he can manage to do so - this team is REALLY going places when you look at the other pieces we have.

Had tough year, I think he will improve but he never be good enough. He is, Ole type, meh, love the security but never to challenge them self.

Had tough year, I think he will improve but he never be good enough. He is, Ole type, meh, love the security but never to challenge them self.

I’m open-minded regarding his potential, I still have hope but I don’t see him as having this sort of obvious world-class ceiling that many want to insist is the only way to view him. He has some tools, and might become a world class striker, but if he doesn’t, it would not be one of football’s great wastes of potential or anything.

He has a chance though, and I am so desperate for him to be the guy that we need, although my optimism is reserved. He’s no Kobbie Mainoo, and there are people who seem to get upset that he isn’t spoken of as a Mainoo or Yamal for some reason. To me he’s more like Richarlison when he came to the league and scored a few goals for Watford, and then Everton. Richy has gotten a 50m then a 60m move in the hope that he could step up to something it doesn’t look like he will, but there was obviously enough for teams to spend in hope.

Back in training now. I’ve said it before, but with the terrible luck we’ve had over the last decade - we really need this signing to work. So much of what we want to do and
become over the next 5 years largely depends on our gamble that Hojlund becomes a 30+ goal striker. And we deserve if ffs, I pray to Odin and Thor that this guy does what we hoped. Unfortunately, due to the type of striker he is, only 25/30+ goals will do. He’s designed to be a high-volume scorer, a 10 goal Hojlund doesn’t have the same value as a 10 goal Zirkzee or Firmino. He just has to become that guy, but if he can manage to do so - this team is REALLY going places when you look at the other pieces we have.
Hopefully Ruud will help him become just that. 23 goals from 40 appearances overall well be progression. He gets a fuller preseason now, which should help.

I’m open-minded regarding his potential, I still have hope but I don’t see him as having this sort of obvious world-class ceiling that many want to insist is the only way to view him. He has some tools, and might become a world class striker, but if he doesn’t, it would not be one of football’s great wastes of potential or anything.

He has a chance though, and I am so desperate for him to be the guy that we need, although my optimism is reserved. He’s no Kobbie Mainoo, and there are people who seem to get upset that he isn’t spoken of as a Mainoo or Yamal for some reason. To me he’s more like Richarlison when he came to the league and scored a few goals for Watford, and then Everton. Richy has gotten a 50m then a 60m move in the hope that he could step up to something it doesn’t look like he will, but there was obviously enough for teams to spend in hope.

After all decade of misery, I am desperate to him to be good. Same as Zirkzee guy

I can se them, being good attribute for 20 goals and assists over the season. And that is all. And that would be good, if he had striker ala Lautaro Martinez. Dude is banging left and right over the 4-5 years.

26 years, Inter is always selling club. We missed the trick last year.

We need goals.

I don't really agree that Hojland needs to be a 25-30 goal a season striker to work out. I think you've forgotten how rare that is in the PL; you're basically asking him to be Shearer/Henry/Suarez/Aguero/RVN level. I don't think that's realistic or necessary. Plenty of top teams don't rely on a 30 goal a season striker anymore, it's far more important to be a team that creates a high volume of chances across the board. If Hojland can consistently get 20 goals a season, but more importantly be a frequent threat to the opposition as a player who can both hold up the ball and run in behind, I think that would make him a huge sucess. If you set the bar unrealistically high for him, you'll only ever see him as a disappointment.

I don't really agree that Hojland needs to be a 25-30 goal a season striker to work out. I think you've forgotten how rare that is in the PL; you're basically asking him to be Shearer/Henry/Suarez/Aguero/RVN level. I don't think that's realistic or necessary. Plenty of top teams don't rely on a 30 goal a season striker anymore, it's far more important to be a team that creates a high volume of chances across the board. If Hojland can consistently get 20 goals a season, but more importantly be a frequent threat to the opposition as a player who can both hold up the ball and run in behind, I think that would make him a huge sucess. If you set the bar unrealistically high for him, you'll only ever see him as a disappointment.

If he’s not to become a supreme goalscorer, he’s never a player we look to sign in my opinion. Every striker doesn’t need to score 30 goals, I agree, but strikers with the all round game that Hojlund has need to if they are to justify playing for one of the best teams. Haaland is similar. He’s never a good enough footballer to play for City, and 18 goals would see him replaced with a different striker in an instant by Pep. His justification is his 30 goals.

As I said, I don’t require 30 from Zirkzee, as I fee he can justify his place at this sort of level with less goals than that. If Hojlund becomes a 20 goal in all comps striker who runs in behind, I can confidently say he’ll be replaced as United’s regular striker within 3 years because quite simply, a better option will almost certainly come on the market that either does a little bit more, or simply scores a little bit more. My initial impressions of Rasmus is that he’s not good enough to get away with having a long career here without putting up in and around Harry Kane, RVN, Henry numbers. It would certainly help him if, like most leading strikers, he started taking penalties for us.

But if Hojlund is scoring 16 odd league goals for us in his mid-twenties, I would say he would and should be sold.

If he’s not to become a supreme goalscorer, he’s never a player we look to sign in my opinion. Every striker doesn’t need to score 30 goals, I agree, but strikers with the all round game that Hojlund has need to if they are to justify playing for one of the best teams. Haaland is similar. He’s never a good enough footballer to play for City, and 18 goals would see him replaced with a different striker in an instant by Pep. His justification is his 30 goals.

As I said, I don’t require 30 from Zirkzee, as I fee he can justify his place at this sort of level with less goals than that. If Hojlund becomes a 20 goal in all comps striker who runs in behind, I can confidently say he’ll be replaced as United’s regular striker within 3 years because quite simply, a better option will almost certainly come on the market that either does a little bit more, or simply scores a little bit more. My initial impressions of Rasmus is that he’s not good enough to get away with having a long career here without putting up in and around Harry Kane, RVN, Henry numbers. It would certainly help him if, like most leading strikers, he started taking penalties for us.

But if Hojlund is scoring 16 odd league goals for us in his mid-twenties, I would say he would and should be sold.
So if he scores 16 goals, make 30 assists and contributes in important ways to 50 goals he should be sold? Or, if he scores 30 goals only on penalties we should keep?

So if he scores 16 goals, make 30 assists and contributes in important ways to 50 goals he should be sold? Or, if he scores 30 goals only on penalties we should keep?

Maybe think things through first before you write them. My entire post that you quoted highlighted two different profiles of strikers, one who is good enough to play for Manchester United solely due to them scoring a high volume of goals, and another who is good enough by scoring less goals, but adding significant contribution in other areas.

You basically asking the question of ‘if he scores less goals, but adds significant contribution in other areas’ is easily answered just by comprehending the post that you just quoted. If indeed, Hojlund somehow makes 30 assists, then he would have proven himself to contribute a lot more than goals. Of course, my assertion is that he is incapable of providing this level of assists, just as Haaland is. The type of striker HE is (or appears to be) is one whose value (at least for a top team) will be primarily determined by his goal output. I’m not sure what you were trying to achieve with your questions tbh, I’m sure you understood the answer to them before you even asked. Like, why are you asking me silly hypotheticals about him scoring 30 penalties a season?

I agree, that's also my opinion. Really strange addition to the squad, and very risky strategy IMO as it's just very uncommon to keep scoring goals at the rate he had last season. But maybe it will happen. Unlikely, but still possible.

I agree, that's also my opinion. Really strange addition to the squad, and very risky strategy IMO as it's just very uncommon to keep scoring goals at the rate he had last season. But maybe it will happen. Unlikely, but still possible.

I think it’s possible that he can become a top goalscorer. He’s a decent finisher, which should only improve going forward, and he has great physical gifts. Two obvious areas that would see him increase his tally is to become the penalty taker and also become an aerial threat.

What he’s also lacking is an elite goalscorer’s instinct, from what I see. He’s not getting on the end of enough, he doesn’t find himself in the right place often enough and doesn’t have the best movement. If he can add these things, I can’t see why he can’t get >25 goals a season playing for one of the top teams in the league. I have little confidence he will ever become a world class footballer, his base level is way too low for that. He hasn’t got great silk to his game or anything - but he can become a great goalscorer I think. And if he doesn’t, he’ll be gone within 3 years I imagine.

He is physical, a very hard worker (love his attitude) and statistically a good finisher.

I am more concerned about his technical ceiling and positional play. He always seems to be a 1/2 step behind or too quick on final balls. Admittedly, this could also be a function of playing up top for such a terrible MUFC team. Hopefully he can get better service next season, so we can evaluate him properly.

Maybe think things through first before you write them. My entire post that you quoted highlighted two different profiles of strikers, one who is good enough to play for Manchester United solely due to them scoring a high volume of goals, and another who is good enough by scoring less goals, but adding significant contribution in other areas.

You basically asking the question of ‘if he scores less goals, but adds significant contribution in other areas’ is easily answered just by comprehending the post that you just quoted. If indeed, Hojlund somehow makes 30 assists, then he would have proven himself to contribute a lot more than goals. Of course, my assertion is that he is incapable of providing this level of assists, just as Haaland is. The type of striker HE is (or appears to be) is one whose value (at least for a top team) will be primarily determined by his goal output. I’m not sure what you were trying to achieve with your questions tbh, I’m sure you understood the answer to them before you even asked. Like, why are you asking me silly hypotheticals about him scoring 30 penalties a season?
Because I find it strange that you don’t think he contributes otherwise (McT would not have found himself in free positions without Hojlund attracting both CF’s and he’s shown that he’s a very decent passer on several occasions) and that penalties matter at all

The biggest winner from Sancho's return.

Hojlund wants to get behind the defence to score and Sancho's best ability is his through balls.

You could argue that Sancho never really had a striker like Hojlund to play with during his United tenure. Playing through balls to Martial for example is useless because how deep Martial dropped rather than getting behind the defence like Hojlund wants to do.

OR, with Sancho back and new players we might play in a way that actually suits and feeds him…
This is a very generous take towards Sancho. What has he provided in his 3 years at the club in terms of creativity and assists? I would love for that to magically change when he plays with Hojlund, but seems like wishful thinking.

I can see Hojlund's goals per 90 going up quite a bit this season, the service to him can't be anywhere near as bad as last season, and hopefully Ruud can get him making better runs and taking up the right positions.

However doesn't necessarily mean he'll improve his goal tally if he has to share a lot of his game time with Zirkzee. Whoever's playing best in the opening few games will dictate who gets the most minutes.

This is a very generous take towards Sancho. What has he provided in his 3 years at the club in terms of creativity and assists? I would love for that to magically change when he plays with Hojlund, but seems like wishful thinking.

Sancho's assist record at Utd is less than 1 in 10.

Far, far, far worse than Rashford. Statistically Rashford is more than 3 times as likely to provide an assist than Sancho is for us.

I mean, that might be blind optimism. But we were 12th in xG last season, a big decline from the previous season. Hojlund would go several games in a row without a sniff of goal. It's hard to imagine us being as dreadful again, but it is possible I guess.

I mean, that might be blind optimism. But we were 12th in xG last season, a big decline from the previous season. Hojlund would go several games in a row without a sniff of goal. It's hard to imagine us being as dreadful again, but it is possible I guess.

I mean except for Zirkzee who will more than likely be in his position when he plays, he will be playing with the same players, in the same league, under the same manager who has made no indication that he accepts any fault in his tactical setup.

I have the same hope but it's not a foregone conclusion by any means.