g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Rasmus Hojlund image 11

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Schmeichels pinky

Would love to start a game with with Wheatley, and have Rasmus as impact sub. Wheatley deserves a chance
Wouldn’t be fair to him. Maybe it would be good for Hojlund to get a break, but it’s highly doubtful Wheat would grow from the experience (pun intended). More likely he’d struggle much more than Hojlund does atm. We need a functional team with a clear style of play and strong relations - then we can integrate the (even younger) youngsters gradually.

FootballAI

Would love to start a game with with Wheatley, and have Rasmus as impact sub. Wheatley deserves a chance
Fully support this. This helps bringing competitiveness to the striker position, but given how gutless Ten Hack has been so far, don't think he will dare to make such bold but neccessary change.

Crystal Palace 4:0 Man Utd New

El Jefe

So far off being starting quality. He’s spent about 60% of the season just looking lost.

We all know we don’t get him involved enough but he does sweet FA when the chance does come around.

He looks exactly like a player that was playing in Austria two years ago.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The fee for him is still utterly baffling. He wasn't a stand out striker in Serie A at all and barely started until Atalanta had injuries.

And here we are

E-mal

So far off being starting quality. He’s spent about 60% of the season just looking lost.

We all know we don’t get him involved enough but he does sweet FA when the chance does come around.

He looks exactly like a player that was playing in Austria two years ago.
I said it 2 weeks ago and the mob started hounding me. He is not as good as Jackson and he cost half the price. He just doesnt have any quality to hold on to as a means of hope. He is always late, weak in possession and always trying to sort his feet. I just think this is another waste to be honest but happy for him to stay as second choice

E-mal

The fee for him is still utterly baffling. He wasn't a stand out striker in Serie A at all and barley started until Atalanta had injuries.

And here we are
Its all hype based on nothing, same as Antony. What a waste

Bobski

He is a non factor far too often, even when the ball is not coming too him he is too easy to contain, too easy to physically dominate.

Needs to take huge steps over the Summer.

Malone_Post

I know we have to whisper it quietly round here..but he really doesn’t look very good. Even for a ‘project’ player standards there doesn’t look to be a huge amount to work with. And that’s before we even get started on the fee. Which quite frankly, along with the money we paid for Antony, should be investigated for money laundering.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's going to need a hell of a pre-season camp for next season, needs to improve so much more physically and technically.
The bolded is my concern. How much can a player realistically improve from a technical perspective? For the most part with technique, you either have it or you don't.

Bwuk

It makes it impossible for the side if we can’t hold the ball up and get forward.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He's not it tbh.

Weak, poor touch, poor control, no feel for the position, not a natural goalscorer, makes it look difficult

Dan_F

I don’t want to write players off in this current situation, but he looks so poor in multiple areas. I thought he looked physically strong and quick in the first half of the season, but it’s opposite right now. Maybe he’s played too much football.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He wouldn't be starting striker for at least 13 PL clubs.

Including Palace.

Unam333

I said it 2 weeks ago and the mob started hounding me. He is not as good as Jackson and he cost half the price. He just doesnt have any quality to hold on to as a means of hope. He is always late, weak in possession and always trying to sort his feet. I just think this is another waste to be honest but happy for him to stay as second choice
The scouting department has major issues in identifying the right players and if the scouts can't put forward the right players with the right profile for the first team even after all their extensive research then all hope is lost in getting United back to the top.

Mike Smalling

He was one of a long list of problems on the pitch today. Poor first touch, didn't get involved enough, outfought by the centrebacks, etc.

It doesn't help that there is no cohesion at all amongst the front three. They rarely find each other, whether it's Højlund getting the ball or one of the wingers. Every game it seems like they've never played together.

flappyjay

I swear Chicha was more involved in build up than this guy. He has to learn to be involved in the build up face of the attack.

Gandalf

The fee for him is still utterly baffling. He wasn't a stand out striker in Serie A at all and barely started until Atalanta had injuries.

And here we are
Atalanta had a plan to develop him and played to his strengths, he gradually got more minutes and they utilized him in space and out wide where his pace was an asset. We have stuck him up top and told him to play like an old fashioned number 9 which he had never done before. He may have the physical tools to do that job in the end but he needs to learn how to play that way and not just be chucked into an abysmal team and told to figure it out. He certainly deserves to be given a shot under the next manager and I do believe there is a good player in there if he is actually coached properly and has someone else to share the burden of getting the goals with.

E-mal

The scouting department has major issues in identifying the right players and if the scouts can't put forward the right players with the right profile for the first team even after all their extensive research then all hope is lost in getting United back to the top.
This guy I believe has thesame agency as ETH? By all account our scouts are being vetoed by managers

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This guy I believe has thesame agency as ETH? By all account our scouts are being vetoed by managers
No that happened after the club already decided to sign him. Hojlund and Mount were signings from the scouting department. ETH wanted to bring in Broberry and Kudos (after missing out on Kane)

E-mal

Atalanta had a plan to develop him and played to his strengths, he gradually got more minutes and they utilized him in space and out wide where his pace was an asset. We have stuck him up top and told him to play like an old fashioned number 9 which he had never done before. He may have the physical tools to do that job in the end but he needs to learn how to play that way and not just be chucked into an abysmal team and told to figure it out. He certainly deserves to be given a shot under the next manager and I do believe there is a good player in there if he is actually coached properly and has someone else to share the burden of getting the goals with.
Unfortunately not an asset here in England

NZT-One

He wasn't really a factor today but the whole team was bad. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and I hope, we somehow manage to encourage him further but he looks a little shot these days.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
You look at a good player in his position, such as Calvert-Lewin, and how they can be the focal point of attacks and help take pressure off the defence, and you see how much improvement he needs. He hits the deck too easily, doesn't drag defenders out of position so that teammates can run in the space he's vacated, and lacks any semblance of a first touch. I always give players at least a season to find their feet but he's been an abject failure in his first season. Great players find a way to win. He hasn't done that.

E-mal

No that happened after the club already decided to sign him.
Alright but in my opinion, ETH needs to be investigated. There may be some backhand deals happening here with all the overpriced gabbage we have bought with 400m pound. On that pitch today his to 4 expensive signings worth more than 350m pounds on the field and we look shite

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Wonder what he'd look like if about 20 appearances this season would have been off the bench coming on for a competing striker.

As a 20-21 year old he's not capable of leading the line.

Cassidy

Alright but in my opinion, ETH needs to be investigated. There may be some backhand deals happening here with all the overpriced gabbage we have bought with 400m pound. On that pitch today his to 4 expensive signings worth more than 350m pounds on the field and we look shite
Guess we should also investigate the previous managers as well

lex talionis

I'm starting to lose all hope with Rasmus. Even without perfect service a top young striker will find ways to create chances on his own. That's not happening.

redshaw

We've seen glimpses of a good player and we're not utilizing him right.

Sadly he's got stuck in a rut, looks physically shot, which is impressive for our club to make such a big young dane unit look like Milner at 48 upfront. We use him like a work horse target when he's a sprinter and poacher.

Unam333

You mean vetoed by the United board? Maybe, I don't know. I just know that our scouts should do more to support the first team coaches and the gaffer. This is not working.

Cassidy

A predictably disappointing signing. 0/2 for attacking signings for a combined 160m.

Hopefully in Hojlunds case he can improve next season but by all accounts he only has next season to prove himself now

Gandalf

Unfortunately not an asset here in England
It is down to the role he is being asked to play, I know you have a major downer on him but he has come into pretty much the worst possible situation for a developing young player and been horribly mismanaged. The fee is what it is, we waited until the last minute and then bought him from a club that did not really want to sell and didn't need the money and so they would only sell for a huge profit.

It is pretty obvious that his confidence is in pieces right now and with the season basically done he should have been taken out of the side a couple of weeks ago and maybe just given a couple of cameos from the bench. ETH is not looking ahead though, he is trying to save his job and is making decisions for right now and not with the future in mind.

Telsim

He made a fatal mistake coming here. I don't know if he will ever be world class, could be, but he most definitely won't become that here. A graveyard.

Cassidy

It is down to the role he is being asked to play, I know you have a major downer on him but he has come into pretty much the worst possible situation for a developing young player and been horribly mismanaged. The fee is what it is, we waited until the last minute and then bought him from a club that did not really want to sell and didn't need the money and so they would only sell for a huge profit.

It is pretty obvious that his confidence is in pieces right now and with the season basically done he should have been taken out of the side a couple of weeks ago and maybe just given a couple of cameos from the bench. ETH is not looking ahead though, he is trying to save his job and is making decisions for right now and not with the future in mind.
Taken out if the team for who? For fecks sakes.

Giggsyking

And here we are
Just go back and look at the amount of abuse we got for talking about the fee, let alone his quality as a player at the beginning of the season.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Agreed. Needs to be investigated, charged and sentenced for fraud.