Rashford vs Iheanacho

Fair play to him, he’s came in a took his chance, it’s definitely opened up new avenues for us, we’re not so reliant on Vardy anymore.

Yeah, for like the fourth time since joining you. Once Maddison is back fit I don't doubt Kelechi will be tossed aside again without a second thought. That's why I think he should leave.

Same amount of league goals now from him this season while he played 1600 minutes less.

Always been a true believer. :drool:

Last edited:
comparing Rash to him is like comparing C Ronaldo to Shaun Wright-Phillips.

comparing Rash to him is like comparing C Ronaldo to Shaun Wright-Phillips.

They're WUMMING but what they should know is that when comparing Ihenacho to Jesus (Aguero replacement) he has more goals in around 700 minutes less.

Gabriel Jesus - 8 and 3 assists - 1703 mins
Kelechi Iheanacho - 10 goals 1 assist - 1067

Ah I see this is one of those where you can’t praise a player without criticism for another. He is starting hit the heights that most thought he was capable when young at City, fair play to him but I’d still prefer Rashford

I thought it is easy to understand knowing who played for united and who played for city.

Don't refer to Manchester City as "City" to a Leicester fan, I've got all sorts of abuse for that before :D still yet to hear anyone apart from them refer to Leicester as "City" though.

Kelechi has been capable of this form all along. In hindsight, a move to Leicester was the wrong choice for him- a club where Vardy is worshipped and can go on horrible runs of form pretty much every season without ever being dropped. Kelechi had no chance getting in the team until Barnes' injury forced Rodgers' hand- mind you, he really really tried to use Perez instead...

Iheanacho would've never got those figures playing for City. Unless you're a boyhood City fan like Foden and stick around, they're a bit of a talent graveyard.

Iheanacho would've never got those figures playing for City. Unless you're a boyhood City fan like Foden and stick around, they're a bit of a talent graveyard.

He would under Pellegrini IMO.

With Aguero and Jesus ahead of him?

There would be no Jesus if Pellegrini was still in charge. Kelechi got 14 goals in his first City season with Agüero and (for most of it) Bony ahead of him, and Agüero made 44 appearances that season too. Look how many goals Pellegrini got out of Negredo.

Shaun and Kelechi both have scored 10 league goals in their best Premier League season. The former wasn't playing up top.

And Shaun scored them at a rate of a goal every 107 minutes, did he?

(Best goals per minute in the prem this season, btw)

Forget the comparison, imagine having both of them :drool:

Sell Martial, sign Kele.

No cause he wasn't up top but he scored better goals. Your boy scores tap ins. Wright-Phillips scored belters.

No cause he wasn't up top but he scored better goals. Your boy scores tap ins. Wright-Phillips scored belters.

Scores tap ins? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing you haven't seen his goals this season then.

Shaun and Kelechi both have scored 10 league goals in their best Premier League season. The former wasn't playing up top.

But the latter wasn't even playing regularly until halfway through the season.

They're different types of players and Rashford might be better but not as much as was implied. Rashford is more explosive and dynamic but you would much rather have Iheanacho in the box than Rashford...he has much better decision making and finishing.

This took a weird turn didn’t it, as I said I prefer Rashford and rate him higher but Iheanacho is better than Shaun Wright Phillips

See the last few posts have proved what I said. The caf can never praise a player without destroying another. If people think that Iheanacho is better than Rashford so be it, they would be wrong IMO but he is a very good player

As infuriating as Rashford is at times, he is still miles better than Iheanacho. I've watched Leicester a bit this season, anytime I've seen him play, he's looked ok, nothing special about him really.

Emile Heskey hit double figures twice for Leicester. That should be Iheanacho's first target. His previous best is 5, so we shall wait and see if he can do it again.

Ok, I'll be sensible now.

As much as I'd like to, you can't say that Iheanacho is a better player than Rashford, purely because of sample size. If Iheanacho can keep his current form up, then yes, I'd say he's better than Rashford (he's scoring like a goal a game!), but odds are it's a bit of a purple patch.

You really need Nacho to have a decent run of games for a season or two to draw any comparisons.

Edit: That being said, people saying "He can't be good 'cus he hasn't done it before at Leicester...." aren't making great points - Nacho has never been our main goal scorer until now, because he's always played second fiddle to Vardy, and has never been given a run of games (and in honesty has never been given a fair chance). It's only now that we're actually playing to his strengths.

Emile Heskey hit double figures twice for Leicester. That should be Iheanacho's first target. His previous best is 5, so we shall wait and see if he can do it again.
I’m sure he hit 8 in the league for City before ? Though I do agree this is either just a crazy run of form or he is finally hit his heights we will have to wait and see

I’m sure he hit 8 in the league for City before ? Though I do agree this is either just a crazy run of form or he is finally hit his heights we will have to wait and see
Yeah but can you imagine how many Heskey would've scored in that City team?

As much as I'd like to, you can't say that Iheanacho is a better player than Rashford, purely because of sample size. If Iheanacho can keep his current form up, then yes, I'd say he's better than Rashford (he's scoring like a goal a game!), but odds are it's a bit of a purple patch.

You really need Nacho to have a decent run of games for a season or two to draw any comparisons.
Get out of here taking sense that isn’t allowed on here :lol:.

Yeah you hit the nail on the head this is either a purple patch or he is fulfilling his potential quite quick. It’s a small sample size but looks good for him and Leicester

This is getting ridiculous now. Rashford also has 10 assists in the league. Not to mention more goals in Europe against superior opposition than the ones Leicester faced. And we all know that however his name is spelled is just not going to score a goal a game over a longer period.

Yeah but can you imagine how many Heskey would've scored in that City team?
I agree Heskey would score loads for city like most but Iheanacho scored double digits in all competitions in his teens yet barely got minutes. As we said we will have to wait to see if this is his level or just a great run of form but he had this potential

Edit: That being said, people saying "He can't be good 'cus he hasn't done it before at Leicester...." aren't making great points - Nacho has never been our main goal scorer until now, because he's always played second fiddle to Vardy, and has never been given a run of games (and in honesty has never been given a fair chance). It's only now that we're actually playing to his strengths.

I get your overall point but scoring more goals/having a better gpg doesn't mean you're a better player.

You didn’t see his goal today I assume. Or the one last week. Or the one the week before...

Laughable.
Can't say I have.
You’ve just lost all validity in your argument.

Don't refer to Manchester City as "City" to a Leicester fan, I've got all sorts of abuse for that before :D still yet to hear anyone apart from them refer to Leicester as "City" though.

Kelechi has been capable of this form all along. In hindsight, a move to Leicester was the wrong choice for him- a club where Vardy is worshipped and can go on horrible runs of form pretty much every season without ever being dropped. Kelechi had no chance getting in the team until Barnes' injury forced Rodgers' hand- mind you, he really really tried to use Perez instead...

Kelechi has always been a confidence player and if you had watched the Palace away game you would see why.

He has always looked a good finisher but he’s overall game was very poor, hence why Perez etc was getting in ahead of him.

I really don’t know what’s happened he’s all round game has improved immensely, maybe he’s finally taken on board what’s required.

Get out of here taking sense that isn’t allowed on here :lol:.

Yeah you hit the nail on the head this is either a purple patch or he is fulfilling his potential quite quick. It’s a small sample size but looks good for him and Leicester

It's a strange one, because he's never really had a run of games before. Brendan has always favoured a front 3 previously (with Perez on the right, eurgh), and Nacho was never going to start over Vardy. I get the impression that Rodgers never really rated him - quite a few games where Nacho would score/have a good game, only to be dropped after a poor 45 minues the next game - and he's only now getting a run of games because of the injury to Barnes, in which he's now made himself undroppable.

It could go either way though. It's one of those where quite a few times you see him shooting from miles out at you think "why on earth are you shooting from there" - but it seems to work. Whether that's luck or skill, I guess time will tell. He's always had a wicked shot on him, but his link up play is coming on in leaps and bounds now, which is promising.