Rashford vs Iheanacho

Ihaenacho is going to leave City eventually and someone is going to get a very good striker. Pep's treatment of him has been nothing short of bizarre.

Yet Jose get's called out over Shaw.
Shaw was signed for £30m and already an England international. Someone like Fosu-Mensah would be a fairer comparison if you're going to make one.

There are rumours that he has exiled Kelechi because he wouldn't sign with his agent brother Pere.

Rashford is clearly the better, more complete player, but Iheanacho is also a considerable talent, and Pep's inability to get something out of his so far further exposes the many myths about Guardiola, being a great developer of youth being one of the most prominent.

At this moment Rashford is quite clearly the more mature player.

I think it's a strange way to judge talents against each other tbh - let's see what happens in the summer and if Kelechi moves (which I expect him to) and gets regular football somewhere. Then you can judge them both as players fairly and based on talent not based on appearances. I'd like to add that I think Rashford is at least as good as him (though Kelechi is a more natural goal scorer imho) and has undoubtably had a much better season for obvious reasons but they are both kids and need more time to prove themselves and see how they develop as players.

I agree with this. Hard to truly evaluate Iheanacho based on his limited playing time. Right now, I do think Rashford has a few more strings to his bow, especially this season, but does lack that natural penalty box instinct. From what we have seen, Iheanacho seems to be an exact opposite of that, as he doesn't tend to drift wide, run with the ball or play the supporting role very often, but looks incredibly potent in the penalty area and playing between the width of the goalposts.

That kind of striker, a pure finisher, seems to not be all that popular right now, but with the amount of chances City can create, and the amount of possession they see around the edge of the final third, they could really use a forward right on the shoulder. So many balls fizz right across goal, but often nobody gambling to poke it in, as Aguero also likes to drop off and get involved in the same areas as Silva, De Bruyne, Sane etc. Jesus has been giving them that in his very limited appearances, and his movement in the box looks very good. In the few minutes Jesus played against us, he pulled our CBs all over the place, and put the ball in the net, albeit from an offside position. Hard to see why they didn't give more minutes to Iheanacho before Jesus arrived and also whilst he was injured, who will do a similar job of occupying the centre backs and creating havoc.

Why did Pep buy Jesus if he has Iheanacho to backup Aguero?
Style - a player more suited to a fluid front three perhaps?
I actually wouldnt be that shocked if Pep decided to sell aguero in the summer if he decides Jesus is going to me his main striker - then perhaps Iheanacho will start to get more regular games as a sub / back up?
I certainly cant see Aguero being happy on the bench and he would be worth a ton of money so a move has some logic

They face each other this weekend so I thought it would be a good time to revisit this. So have we finally broken the curse and actually won a comparison thread?

1zdNUuD.png

XMhDm12.png

Ah, the days when the Berties used to bleat on about how Iheanacho was so much better than Rashford.

United also will face PSG next, would be a good time to revisit Rashford vs Mbappé.

Add:
Minute played :
Rashford: 5,812' (25 goals)
Iheanacho: 2,945' (16 goals).

Last edited:
United also will face PSG next, would be a good time to revisit Rashford vs Mbappé.

Add:
Minute played :
Rashford: 5,812' (25 goals)
Iheanacho: 2,945' (16 goals).

Iheanacho has scored 16 goals for Leicester? Did not know that.

I'm going to eusurp @Samid and that other total shit bag who thought Jesus too.. I'm going to restart the one and only..

Should have saved this until after the Leicester match. He’s guaranteed a goal against us now while Rash won’t score. Thanks.

Don't care whatever happens in the match, Rashford is twice the player of Kelechi right now who looks like average as hell.

Had a interesting debate with @balaks on the previous page. Looks laughable now.

Don't care whatever happens in the match, Rashford is twice the player of Kelechi right now who looks like average as hell.

Had a interesting debate with @balaks on the previous page. Looks laughable now.

Read that, not sure what the point he was making, it was sort of "don't rate players based on anything as they play for different clubs".

Just goes to show how difficult it is to make a judgement on young players. I've always rated Rashford highly and I'm happy to see him continue to improve and become a really excellent player.

It really is a laughable comparison now. A few seasons ago you wouldn't see a City fan willing to say Rashford was better.

The weird thing is that when this thread was made he was just as on fire as he is now, only 3 years younger which made it all the more impressive.

Should have saved this until after the Leicester match. He’s guaranteed a goal against us now while Rash won’t score. Thanks.

Don't worry, Martial will score a hattrick.

Was trying to find an Iheanacho thread and stumbled across this gem.:lol:

He poached a few goals at Man. City but never understood why Leicester signed him as he plays similar style to Vardy and well Vardy is simply number one striker at Leicester and will be for a few more years.

Anyway he comes on, comes short for a corner and could've easily turned as no one was tracking him but instead just passes back to the taker who then eventually crosses and Kelechi tries to head it but instead the headerr flies miles outside the box and launches Man. United to a decent counter attack.

His cameo seems to have summed up his time at Leicester, never got the impression he wanted to join them. Has scored FOUR league goals for them!!

Iheanacho is a great candidate for the players you forget exist thread.

Wonder what happened to him. Looks like someome came in and stole all his talent overnight.

I'm glad people pointed out the potential jinx, which reversed the jinx, otherwise Rashford wouldn't have scored and Ian Nacho would have.

Was trying to find an Iheanacho thread and stumbled across this gem.:lol:

He poached a few goals at Man. City but never understood why Leicester signed him as he plays similar style to Vardy and well Vardy is simply number one striker at Leicester and will be for a few more years.

Anyway he comes on, comes short for a corner and could've easily turned as no one was tracking him but instead just passes back to the taker who then eventually crosses and Kelechi tries to head it but instead the headerr flies miles outside the box and launches Man. United to a decent counter attack.

His cameo seems to have summed up his time at Leicester, never got the impression he wanted to join them. Has scored FOUR league goals for them!!

They signed him for £30 million as well, didn't they?

I don't wanna read my old posts in here

I still think Kelechi could have been the better player. Has been horrifically mismanaged since the second Pellegrini left- for all his faults, Pellegrini always did know what to do with younger players more so than Pep (who's only really managed to get a tune out of Foden and that's taken five years).

Rodgers is a terrible manager for Iheanacho to play under. I'd like to see him go somewhere he can start every game. He could score 15 a season in the league given the minutes.

I still think Kelechi could have been the better player. Has been horrifically mismanaged since the second Pellegrini left- for all his faults, Pellegrini always did know what to do with younger players more so than Pep (who's only really managed to get a tune out of Foden and that's taken five years).

Rodgers is a terrible manager for Iheanacho to play under. I'd like to see him go somewhere he can start every game. He could score 15 a season in the league given the minutes.

It’s hard to blame Rodgers, Leicester for a very long time have played Vardy up top on his own with Maddison just behind, it’s only with Maddison and Barnes out that he’s got a look in.

Fair play to him, he’s came in a took his chance, it’s definitely opened up new avenues for us, we’re not so reliant on Vardy anymore.