Rashford considering his future...

Just as embarrassing as making up fake diagnosis to defend a player taking his boyhood club and fans for granted.

He has subtly alluded to mental health issues without making it clear one way or the other. You can't call it a fake diagnosis unless you're a qualified phycologist skilled enough to determine a person's mental state by reading their blogs.

The point is you don't know the truth, neither do I for what it's worth, so why not give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise?

Whether he has mental problems or not, does he think any abuse he gets will suddenly stop if he goes to another club? I bet every player in the world, including the GOATs over the years have had abuse thrown at them. Does he think he is being singled out? Its sadly part and parcel of this sick society for anyone who is in the public eye, genuine or not.

He has subtly alluded to mental health issues without making it clear one way or the other. You can't call it a fake diagnosis unless you're a qualified phycologist skilled enough to determine a person's mental state by reading their blogs.

The point is you don't know the truth, neither do I for what it's worth, so why not give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise?
Couldn't agree more, but it feels like banging your head against a brick wall to say it over and over. I don't see anyone having 'diagnosed' Rashford with mental health problems, just people saying that his mental health could be a factor. The subsequent derision and dismissal of any potential issues he may or may not be facing is shocking and says more about the posters doing it than about Rashford.

Because I no longer trust him ever since surrounded himself with a PR entourage that deemed it fit to throw the one manager who invested every ounce of faith in him under the bus when that manager was at his lowest having lost his dream job partly because the players he trusted, like Rashford, couldnt be bothered to put in the required effort.

Because I no longer trust him ever since surrounded himself with a PR entourage that deemed it fit to throw the one manager who invested every ounce of faith in him under the bus when that manager was at his lowest having lost his dream job partly because the players he trusted, like Rashford, couldnt be bothered to put in the required effort.
Mostly because - love you Ole, sorry - that manager was totally out of his depth though, right?

I've seen this mentioned a few times but what exactly did he say after Ole got sacked?

Mostly because - love you Ole, sorry - that manager was totally out of his depth though, right?
I was at the the forefront of the 'Ole Out' crew but I do find the way some of his most trusted lieutenants did him in disgusting. It was so low of Rashford to brief against Ole in an attempt to explain away his poor form when Ole was one of the most influential people in Rashford's career after Mourinho had relegated him to a squad player.

When a player can be that cynical in addition to his now thinly veiled attempt to manipulate the club into giving him a new deal, sorry I don't have time for them. To me he is just a nicer version of Pogba with a less outspoken agent for plausible deniability but is just the same money grabbing mercenary with little to no pride in his own and team's performances.

I was at the the forefront of the 'Ole Out' crew but I do find the way some of his most trusted lieutenants did him in disgusting. It was so low of Rashford to brief against Ole in an attempt to explain away his poor form when Ole was one of the most influential people in Rashford's career after Mourinho had relegated him to a squad player.

When a player can be that cynical in addition to his now thinly veiled attempt to manipulate the club into giving him a new deal, sorry I don't have time for them. To me he is just a nicer version of Pogba with a less outspoken agent for plausible deniability but is just the same money grabbing mercenary with little to no pride in his own and team's performances.
I think you're going overboard with regards to Rashford briefing against Ole and also with regards to Ole's influence on his career. LvG had a much bigger impact for me. Much as I like Ole as a united legend his shortcomings as a coach and manager were clear as day. If they're clear to us, imagine how frustrating it must have been playing under him. I still fail to see how Marcus threw Ole under the bus but even if he did have some negative things to say, I'm sorry, but Ole was a bit of a disaster.

What does top reds mean?
Probably people who puts players and certain managers above what is best for the club. The ones who think 'We aren't a sacking club'. The ones who thought Ole's supposed cultural reboot with a British core was a good idea.

What's this?
Come on guys didnt you read the MEN article where Rashford is said to have overcome his shyness to ask the manager (Ole) for more in terms of coaching but was told to shut up? This came days just after Ole got the sack too and we do know that they are players, him, Lingard and Shaw in particular with a penchant for briefing against the club, managers, ex managers and team mates to the media.

Pretty much like how this thread started, do you deny it was a brief from right within his camp? At a time when he is barely meeting his end of the bargain, instead of knuckling down he chose to go to the media.

Probably people who puts players and certain managers above what is best for the club. The ones who think 'We aren't a sacking club'. The ones who thought Ole's supposed cultural reboot with a British core was a good idea.

So folk who think there's something wrong with Rashford, deep down probably dislike the club, G?

That's how I see it playing out. He's trying to create leverage hence the leak. A new manager will come in, he will be motivated and get a new deal.

It has worked previously because every manager would come and want to give players a chance to prove themselves. But this time Rangnick can relay all the information to our next manager and he'd have a better idea of what players are good to be trusted with their jobs.

I think you're going overboard with regards to Rashford briefing against Ole and also with regards to Ole's influence on his career. LvG had a much bigger impact for me. Much as I like Ole as a united legend his shortcomings as a coach and manager were clear as day. If they're clear to us, imagine how frustrating it must have been playing under him. I still fail to see how Marcus threw Ole under the bus but even if he did have some negative things to say, I'm sorry, but Ole was a bit of a disaster.
LVG gave Rashford his debut but didn't stay much long to be of any influence over his long term career trajectory. Ole came in after he had lost his way under Mourinho, restored him as a starter then in the summer got rid of Lukaku and Sanchez to put more faith in him when he could have easily signed another forward who could deny him a starting bearth to establish himself.

Ole risked a lot to give players like Martial, Lingard, Pereira and Rashford the chance to flourish. Ole could have easily lost his job in the first half of the 2019/20 season for the gamble he took on these players.

Come on guys didnt you read the MEN article where Rashford is said to have overcome his shyness to ask the manager (Ole) for more in terms of coaching but was told to shut up? This came days just after Ole got the sack too and we do know that they are players, him, Lingard and Shaw in particular with a penchant for briefing against the club, managers, ex managers and team mates to the media.

Pretty much like how this thread started, do you deny it was a brief from right within his camp? At a time when he is barely meeting his end of the bargain, instead of knuckling down he chose to go to the media.
So you're going off the deep end and saying Rashford threw Ole under the bus all because of one MEN article that doesn't quote him? Uh huh...sounds legit.

As for the bolded...how do you know this? I presume you've evidence?

So you're going off the deep end and saying Rashford threw Ole under the bus all because of one MEN article that doesn't quote him? Uh huh...sounds legit.

This whole thread is rooted on another Rashford brief, rich of you to try and downplay another one. Its not one brief but his body language, the lack of effort on the pitch and more briefs when he is playing nowhere near well enough to even make the squad.

Even Neville, who has access to both the club and the media sort of confirmed via twitter when Rashford dropped the brief that started this thread. These leaks are coming from his camp, there is no doubt about it.

Standards have to be maintained if you want to win silverware. We've let the standards slip and have suffered because of it.

All this giving another chance business is lowering the standards, fergie never did it and he was ruthless with players that couldn't cut it consistently and that is why he was top of his game for two decades.

Fergie would have fecked off rashford ages ago along-with others instead of coddling them while they downed tools.

This whole thread is rooted on another Rashford brief, rich of you to try and downplay another one. Its not one brief but his body language, the lack of effort on the pitch and more briefs when he is playing nowhere near well enough to even make the squad.

Even Neville, who has access to both the club and the media sort of confirmed via twitter when Rashford dropped the brief that started this thread. These leaks are coming from his camp, there is no doubt about it.
Sorry pal but this is all speculation. I agree that the 'looking to leave' story is probably coming from his camp but to be honest, listening to how you view him, your confirmation bias will always make the news mean what you want it to, which will inevitably be anti-Rashford. For what it's worth, I think it's time for him to go...he's been awful for a while now, but it pisses me off to see mental health struggles trivialized, whether real or imagined. Nobody knows for certain what's going on with him yet many presume to and, as a result, comments get out of order.

I wonder what this means.

If this wasn't true, Rashford would refute it online.

@Pickle85 this is the tweet I was alluding to and it came after Neville had warned these players that he is in the room when they are dropping these leaks and will one day out them. Too much of it to be circumstantial evidence but there is a reason why individuals and organizations brief the media instead of official quotes - plausible deniability becuase they know that there are people like you ready to believe the best of them should it go sideways.

So folk who think there's something wrong with Rashford, deep down probably dislike the club, G?

Nobody in here dislikes the club. But definitely lot of people are unhappy about how the things are run, and it's magnified since we aren't successful, for a big club anymore. We have had below average players before and they have definitely suffered their share of abuse, but it didn't really get that much attention due to us being successful.

Rashford at this time should be starting for us, and his status of being a homegrown English player shouldn't have a bearing on his assessment. But that's not the case though, is it?

I mean, there's nothing wrong with romanticising an English player playing for an English club, but at what cost though?

@Pickle85 this is the tweet I was alluding to and it came after Neville had warned these players that he is in the room when they are dropping these leaks and will one day out them. Too much of it to be circumstantial evidence but there is a reason why individuals and organizations brief the media instead of official quotes - plausible deniability becuase they know that there are people like you ready to believe the best of them should it go sideways.
As I said, I agree that was probably a brief. This sort of brief isn't that uncommon is it, when a player wants to leave?

Sorry pal but this is all speculation. I agree that the 'looking to leave' story is probably coming from his camp but to be honest, listening to how you view him, your confirmation bias will always make the news mean what you want it to, which will inevitably be anti-Rashford. For what it's worth, I think it's time for him to go...he's been awful for a while now, but it pisses me off to see mental health struggles trivialized, whether real or imagined. Nobody knows for certain what's going on with him yet many presume to and, as a result, comments get out of order.
I am harsh on our English contingent but I wouldn't sell any of them until they have had another season to show their worth.

Like I said above, leaks and briefs are preferable because they can be denied later on but this is his modus operandi. Unfortunately since we know this of him we can't then pick and choose which brief to believe or discard but he made his bed and must lie on it.

Maybe its anti-Rashford bias but I wouldn't put it past him to hide behind anything including mental health because of the lengths he has gone previously to cynically blame others for his shortcomings. When a player is so captured by his handlers like him and Pogba he loses any benefit of the doubt I might otherwise have for him.

Where are the 'quotes' for any leaks? Thats why they are leaks. You're saying the MEN made up a story nobody was asking about where the outcome is to give sympathy to a shy, eager to learn lad, when his form was being questioned. Lingards bro was also taking the piss out of Ole before he was sacked

I am harsh on our English contingent but I wouldn't sell any of them until they have had another season to show their worth.

Like I said above, leaks and briefs are preferable because they can be denied later on but this is his modus operandi. Unfortunately since we know this of him we can't then pick and choose which brief to believe or discard but he made his bed and must lie on it.

Maybe its anti-Rashford bias but I wouldn't put it past him to hide behind anything including mental health because of the lengths he has gone previously to cynically blame others for his shortcomings. When a player is so captured by his hamdlers like him and Pogba he loses any benefit of the doubt I might otherwise have for him.
Fair enough mate, I see where you're coming from as well. I think we'd all love him to come good, at any rate.

Where are the 'quotes' for any leaks? Thats why they are leaks. You're saying the MEN made up a story nobody was asking about where the outcome is to give sympathy to a shy, eager to learn lad, when his form was being questioned. Lingards bro was also taking the piss out of Ole before he was sacked
I'm saying this doesn't constitute Rashford throwing him under the bus. If he came out and said Ole was a terrible coach and manager that the players had no respect for and weren't playing for, THAT would be chucking him under the bus. Also, what if what was printed in the MEN was true? Would it still be 'throwing Ole under the bus' or simply giving his side?

Nobody in here dislikes the club. But definitely lot of people are unhappy about how the things are run, and it's magnified since we aren't successful, for a big club anymore. We have had below average players before and they have definitely suffered their share of abuse, but it didn't really get that much attention due to us being successful.

Rashford at this time should be starting for us, and his status of being a homegrown English player shouldn't have a bearing on his assessment. But that's not the case though, is it?

I mean, there's nothing wrong with romanticising an English player playing for an English club, but at what cost though?

Whatever he means by top red. Perhaps some folk genuinely think there's something up with Rashford. I've said before that I've got a soft spot for any player born in Manchester who's come through the academy. I'm a Manchester boy and it feels a little extra special when a local United fan breaks through into the first 11. I feel the same for Zidane Iqbal. I'm clearly biased and won't be hurling abuse at him even on social media. But thinking there's something's wrong with Rashford's mindset is hardly a person putting a player above the club.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate, I see where you're coming from as well. I think we'd all love him to come good, at any rate.
Ok cheers mate, for what its worth its not hate but some of us are just tired of seeing the club make mistake after mistake whilst the likes of Liverpool barely make any. Giving Rashford the new deal is after will be another mistake that we will rue for years to come, the onus is on him to earn that deal but I fear the club will panic and we will have another Rooney 2015 - 17 debacle on our hands, paying millions to a player who is a shadow of himself but also impossible to drop without a media shit storm.

I genuinely have no idea about this article. I tend to avoid the media in the aftermath of a United meltdown or defeat, and sacking Ole was the biggest meltdown we had in awhile. :lol:

It's a disgrace that he and his people did this.

I've been watching other teams recently, I've yet to see a player half as lazy and thick as rashford.

It's weird that when SAF was in charge, we'd never heard this type of problem.

It was a lot simpler. Players turned shite or unmotivated were sold and became other Club problems. No time was given for them to give excuse.

fecking meany Mr. Ferguson!! why don't you keep those shite unmotivated players and give them help???

Except Fergie ALWAYS said the first thing he looked at when signing a player was their mentality- could they handle being a Man Utd player.

You think that isn’t to do with mental health? Obviously is never would have been directly mentioned or labelled at the time, but don’t think for a moment that Fergie didn’t take that into account.

I genuinely have no idea about this article. I tend to avoid the media in the aftermath of a United meltdown or defeat, and sacking Ole was the biggest meltdown we had in awhile. :lol:

It's a disgrace that he and his people did this.
A lot of people downplay these character flaws until its too late. To imagine what Ole did for him after José's toxicity and this is how he chose to repay him!

Ok cheers mate, for what its worth its not hate but some of us are just tired of seeing the club make mistake after mistake whilst the likes of Liverpool barely make any. Giving Rashford the new deal is after will be another mistake that we will rue for years to come, the onus is on him to earn that deal but I fear the club will panic and we will have another Rooney 2015 - 17 debacle on our hands, paying millions to a player who is a shadow of himself but also impossible to drop without a media shit storm.

On current form, I'd agree that giving Rashford a new contract would be a mistake as it sends the wrong message to his teammates and potential new signings - an ambitious club has to be ruthless and all that. That's fine when it concerns chronic underperformers like Maguire, AWB or any member of our squad this season, if we're honest. You can sell them on at the next available opportunity and no one will bat an eyelid. But Rashford is a local lad, a born and bred Manc. He will get preferential treatment from the club simply because he is an academy product. Many of the Manchester-based fans feel the same way. I'm not even from Manchester but I get it, even if I disagree.

The fact is, Rashford will be handed a new contract at the end of the season if that's what he wants. Academy products mean everything to United. You'll have to go back to the 1930's (some 4000+ games) to find a Man Utd starting 11 that did not contain at least one academy product. There's no way the club will risk ending that record by willingly selling on Rashford, certainly not after the Greenwood debacle. So yeah, it's highly likely Rashford will be here next year - unless he wants to leave, but I don't think he does. We can only hope the new manager can motivate him to reignite his career.

Except Fergie ALWAYS said the first thing he looked at when signing a player was their mentality- could they handle being a Man Utd player.

You think that isn’t to do with mental health? Obviously is never would have been directly mentioned or labelled at the time, but don’t think for a moment that Fergie didn’t take that into account.
People forget Fergie was ruthless as feck. He sold Beckham, Stam (which was a mistake), RVN, Ince (when he realised he had become Bigtime Charlie) ,etc when they did not meet his standard anymore. All which were 100x times the player Rashford is. The way his defenders talk about him here is like he is a messi incarnate on a few match slump and we are wrong to call out his crap performance