Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was due to team morale more than anything. This is a very different side in terms of spirit, not having a civil war.
Plus they were joining a side who finished 4th then 5th, not a side that finished 3rd then 2nd. To be very fair, we did also win 2 trophies that year so it wasn't like it ended up being a disaster, we likely would've got top 4 if we hadn't opted to put all our energy into the EL.

Why do you people talk as if it’s your money? You moan about the glazers for being stingy, then when they drop £50m on a defender it’s all “oh that’s a bit much” sounds like you’re just looking to moan regardless.
Dont be weird. United do not have unlimited finances! 50 million on a defender with one year on his contract is a lot. Still Im sure not that many people are complaining. Its a good deal if it guarantees not having to see Lindelof get bullied every year by Burnley in the air.

So far.....updated

He's joining
He isn't
It's imminent
It's a long way off
He's too expensive
He's a steal at 50 Mill
We have made a bid
We are preparing a bid
Personal terms are agreed
Personal terms are close to being agreed
Moons and redflags

Last edited:
Plus they were joining a side who finished 4th then 5th, not a side that finished 3rd then 2nd. To be very fair, we did also win 2 trophies that year so it wasn't like it ended up being a disaster, we likely would've got top 4 if we hadn't opted to put all our energy into the EL.
By all means the First season under Mourinho was good, until his 2nd season syndrome kicked in and went to war.

The summer made him toxic, then the fall out with Martial, Pogba, Shaw, Mkhitaryan... its no surprise it went bad.

58m for a player with 1 year left on his contract at a broke club :lol:

I really struggle to believe this.
Are you mental? That is peanuts for this player, both clubs will know it.

Your talking about a player who would usually be in the 90 mil Euro bracket comfortably. So there’s your discount.

Are you mental? That is peanuts for this player, both clubs will know it.

Your talking about a player who would usually be in the 90 mil Euro bracket comfortably. So there’s your discount.

50million is "peanuts".
There you have it folks!

You lot are mad. This is a bona fide elite player.
Seriously if posters don’t think 58 mill Euros for Varane is a steal they should just ignore player prices for the rest of their lives as they will likely only ever increase and so they will never get to grips with player values imo. :lol:

Yeah it PSG were making this deal then the naysayers would be shouting from rooftops about the inefficiency of our transfer department.

I think people are still scarred by the Bastian Schweinsteiger and Sanchez signings.

We've always wanted him since his days in France. In fact we were pretty close back then.

Excerpts from Sir Alex's book regarding Varane -

I can't wait for the tap in merchant himself Fabrizio Romano to confirm this. The guy is the football transfer version of pippo inzaghi

I'm not sure what people are after in a transfer guru?

We don't like it when they make shit up, but we also don't like it when they wait for concrete information to tell us stuff either. Basically, if you're not able to guess stuff correctly 100% of the time, we don't want you.

We signed them after finishing 5th though.

We’re doing this business with an already much better squad after finishing 2nd.
Still, we went backwards, at least position wise, after signing three supposedly very good players.
I mean, even you have to know the situations aren't even remotely comparable. Varane and Sancho are coming into a nearly completed squad who've had a clear and obvious progression every season for the last few years.
We've had a slight improvement last season compared to 2018/19 and 2019/20 which were very similar overall. It definitely doesn't feel like we're almost complete.

Bailly without injuries, rashness and craziness. So basically, nothing like Bailly.

Impressive, £50 million for a player like this with his experience great deal if he wants to play for us

He was top of my list years ago when he ultimately moved to Madrid and 50m is a steal. I'm a little bit concerned how he will adapt to a totally different league though, especially as he can have the odd howler when put under pressure as he will be far more frequently here. Thiago Silva had a couple of awful games for Chelsea until he got used to the league.

Still, we went backwards, at least position wise, after signing three supposedly very good players.

We've had a slight improvement last season compared to 2018/19 and 2019/20 which were very similar overall. It definitely doesn't feel like we're almost complete.
I suppose it's a game of opinions. From where I'm sitting it looks like the team's practically done, barring a midfielder.

More or less debunked already

I'm not saying it's true or that I take the tweeter as reliable... but usually when these tweets surface you tend to see bigger names telling it's untrue. I've yet to see any of those...

€50m would be a fair price rather than a bargain in my eyes (similar to Sancho) but given how inflated prices are it's good to see we haven't been mugged.

I've only really watch Madrid in the CL the last couple of years and haven't been too impressed with him, hence why I'm not overly excited or worried. That said, he has a lot of talent and he's the best experienced available to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.