Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we unveiled Sancho yet? If not imagine a double unveiling of these two. Dare I dream?

58m for a player with 1 year left on his contract at a broke club :lol:

I really struggle to believe this.

Maybe they feared some other club could join the race and just agreed. If United would not get him in the end because of 5-8 millions it would be a desaster.

Is he essentially what bailly would be if he was fit, which actually means he isn’t Bailly at all but you can see what I’m getting at?

Same price as Arsenal paid for White. £50m

yeah but we will be paying Varane about twice as as much, if not three times. White may have resale, longevity, a pretty high ceiling etc. I’m not saying we aren’t getting the better deal but just adding some context. Varane will be the better defender for the next few years but white might also develop into a leading PL cb and then 50 million will obviously be seen as a better deal than it currently is.

Is he essentially what bailly would be if he was fit, which actually means he isn’t Bailly at all but you can see what I’m getting at?
He’s much much more refined than Bailly ffs.

Why not? Apparently theyre happy to keep and convince hin sign a new contract if they didnt get a good fee.
People say this all the time but 1 year left doesn't seem to mean get players really cheaply, it just seems to be the club has to sell.
Where are these world class players going for much chaeaper?

Comparing Bailly to Varane is outrageous :lol:

yeah but we will be paying Varane about twice as as much, if not three times. White may have resale, longevity, a pretty high ceiling etc. I’m not saying we aren’t getting the better deal but just adding some context. Varane will be the better defender for the next few years but white might also develop into a leading PL cb and then 50 million will obviously be seen as a better deal than it currently is.

We need a senior CB back now. We can't be waiting around for someone like White to develop while we leak goals on the counter.

Bailly without injuries, rashness and craziness. So basically, nothing like Bailly.

White will never be as good as Varane. Its not a good deal at all. As soon as we sign Varane we get an 80m asset for 50m.

Random shit SCOOPZ twitter accounts saying ABC Deportes have said something doesn't mean ABC Deportes have actually said something. If they had, the news would be on their own account/website. These clowns putting ABC in brackets on their misspelled tweet is not an actual source.

As soon as someone posts something without 'some guy on twitter' being the original source, let me know. Can't believe how many people this type of shit hoodwinks every fecking time.

Sounds like BS, the price that is. Would we go in for that amount? hmmm

I wonder if they meant 58 hours rather than 58m

Once again, in a much poorer league. A very important fact you keep missing.
Is it a fact though? Sure, the Spanish big two are weaker than they have been for a while now but well, they're both still stronger than United (hence the 'step down' remark I presume) and their lesser teams are still pretty good - see Villarreal, defeating the Premier League's two representatives on the way to a European trophy.

The guy has won the world cup and four champions leagues. £50m is NOT too much, even with a year left. He’s one of the best players in the world ffs….

The guy has won the world cup and four champions leagues. £50m is NOT too much, even with a year left. He’s one of the best players in the world ffs….
And he’s only 28. It’s a great fee. He’s coming into his peak as a central defender, in great shape physically. He’s going to be amazing for us.

We need a senior CB back now. We can't be waiting around for someone like White to develop while we leak goals on the counter.

I agree. Varane, Harry/lindelof, Bailly is solid. Either of the first two with either of the second two is still very solid indeed. Tuanzebe and Jones will be cut loose for younger players at some point this season Id imagine unless tuanzebe is having an above average season out on loan

Is it a fact though? Sure, the Spanish big two are weaker than they have been for a while now but well, they're both still stronger than United (hence the 'step down' remark I presume) and their lesser teams are still pretty good - see Villarreal, defeating the Premier League's two representatives on the way to a European trophy.

The PL has what? Two of the past 3 CL winners, and both of this years finalists. It has Pep, Klopp & Tuchel and has nothing like the financial issues facing the top teams in Spain.
The past 4 CL finals have featured 5 English sides and just 1 Spanish side.

Yes, it’s safe to say he’d be moving to the current top league in Europe and a project on the upward curve whereas his current side certainly appear on a downward one post Ronaldo and post Covid.

He is touted as one of the best, almost 10 years ago we paid £30m for van Persie who had only ever really had one injury free season and eventually and really played one season for us at a top level. £50 million for Varane at 28 is a good deal regardless how you look at it. If you’re looking at this financially, then we could offer him a 5 years contract and potentially sell him for a similar fee in 2 years.

Varane would be worth circa 70-80 million if he had a 5 year contract which is exactly his worth when he signs a 5 year contract for us.

AWB, Maguire, Bruno.

James, VDB not so good yet but the money reflects the risk.

Sancho at £73 million though is an absolute steel, when the market recovers he’ll be worth easily £120 million maybe more with premier league experience, with his ability he shouldn’t have a problem. We’ve been brilliant in the transfer market since Ole arrived, buying players who want to play for us and have the appetite to play for us.

With Varane I'd argue we're a stronger side than Madrid. Probably even Barca too with the way they've been run. We've put together a very, very good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.