Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...we are pushing because it's the steal of the window even for 50-60 million euros.

Varane to MUFC for 55 million euros (split the diff) is likely to be 3-5 million pounds cheaper than Ben White (not dissing White, just the fee) and we are getting a world-class CB in their prime years.
Damn right. It would be some of the best business we’ve done in a very long time.

I’ve said from the start it will be closer to 55-60 mill, why? Becuase that is a steal for this level player, both clubs will know it as well.

Same here, I am still numb and won't dare believe it till it actually happens.

Maguire & Varane. I don't see any other Club in the world capable of topping that. I'm actually surprised PSG wouldn't be all over Varane to reunite with Kimpembe.

I don't know where the German press would be getting their sources from, but i was somewhat impressed by Berger's Sancho coverage. So i'm imagining either it's getting out there in the wider circles that this is done dealio, or Berger wants to hop on for some clout before it happens.

Better wrap this signing up quick before Arsenal make a bid. V
Maguire & Varane. I don't see any other Club in the world capable of topping that. I'm actually surprised PSG wouldn't be all over Varane to reunite with Kimpembe.

For all we know - they could have asked. Not all French players want to go to PSG - and if rumours are to be true, Varane wants to play in the P.L

This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest.

Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.

Real was in a far better financial position back then as compared to now

I still can’t fully let myself believe he will come. Honestly think Varane and Maguire would be unreal together.

Also, if Berger is actually reporting the story and not clout chasing, that is another source on the 5 year deal. So VERY confident that this contract agreement has come out because Varane is happy with personal terms.

It is the reason why I'm here. Once my task is done, I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain ivaldo.
Let me congratulate you on a wonderfully executed Lord of the Rings reference. Bravo.

Any moment now, he’s going to get that improved contract like Ramos

When was that? Last year?
Just a few weeks ago. He was one of those balloons who argued against the tier 1, Dortmund outlet that a new bid didnt go in and that their reported bid was the one he revealed weeks earlier, nothing had changed etc etc.
That was about an hour before Dortmund accepted it and he back peddled, if I remember correctly.
Oh that one, that is a new bid..

Just a few weeks ago. He was one of those balloons who argued against the tier 1, Dortmund outlet that a new bid didnt go in and that their reported bid was the one he revealed weeks earlier, nothing had changed etc etc.
That was about an hour before Dortmund accepted it and he back peddled, if I remember correctly.
Oh that one, that is a new bid..

He gets so so much stuff spot on though. He's clearly got a source. Or a magnificent bluffer, but I doubt it.

Better wrap this signing up quick before Arsenal make a bid. V

For all we know - they could have asked. Not all French players want to go to PSG - and if rumours are to be true, Varane wants to play in the P.L

True. It will be interesting to know his reasoning about PL.

What are we thinking the likelihood of a BBC/Ducker update tonight/weekend? Surely all this progress has got to be coming through their contacts?

He gets so so much stuff spot on though. He's clearly got a source. Or a magnificent bluffer, but I doubt it.
What had he broken though? I honestly think its easy to bluff in a news vacuum with stories that have a logical conclusion. Its how idiots like Miguel Delaney earn a living.
If he came out tomorrow and broke we were after player x and it were true and he broke it, then Id be impressed. He was talking about Sancho add ons for weeks as well and that ended up being bullshit.
Theres a lot of journos out there who piggyback the real, usually local sources who actually break stories and then add their fluff to them. Plus it always seems to be on twitter. Ive never seen an article from him (could be a wonderful writer for all I know)

I’m not sure I fully understand this transfer from his or Real’s perspective. Why is he leaving despite being a first choice centre back and very much in his prime? Why is he taking a step down (as sad as that is to say) at age 28? Why is Real so keen to get rid of him and have a partnership of Nacho and Alaba next year?

Are we buying a crock? Or a troublemaker?

I’m not sure I fully understand this transfer from his or Real’s perspective. Why is he leaving despite being a first choice centre back and very much in his prime? Why is he taking a step down (as sad as that is to say) at age 28? Why is Real so keen to get rid of him and have a partnership of Nacho and Alaba next year?

He's got a year left on his deal and doesn't want to sign a reduced deal with Real, also wants to try the PL apparently.

he was offered a contract, it's some combination of not enough money and he wants a new challenge. He has 12 months left and can walk on a free. Madrid want to get some money for him, so they are open to offers.

He wants a higher wage that Real dont want to give him, more or less. Because Alaba comes in and suddenly earns more than him is one of the reasons he wants more, which is not very unreasonable...

Madrid are an aging team on the decline? How is it a step down?

Real Madrid are in a dire state and their squad is aging.

It's not a step down in the current climate. They hired a past it manager and they've no money.

He wants to leave to experience a new challenge. Real don't want to get rid of him, but they don't want to lose him on a free next year.

Didn’t watch him regularly in the last years to be honest. But should be a great partner for maguire. As far as i know a quick ball playing defender with great heading ability. Is this more or less correct? Is he a left footed player?

If a player had won everything, you need something new to even boost your motivation to another level or something that can excite you. This happens to employees who happen to be in the same company for many years and looking for something different including a lot of footballer out there and Varane is one of them.

Moving from La Liga to PL is not a step down. PL is top tier level, it’s another proper competitive new challenge for any players from different leagues like La Liga or Ligue 1 or Serie A who want to try something new.

Is he any good?

If we are trying to sign him though, given recent transfers, I think we have done our research thoroughly and given the age of this signing we must feel he’s special.

It's probably politics. Alaba is a free agent so his salary reflects that. Varane's only excuse for a pay rise is that he won alot. Guess what? So did 2/3 of his team mates.

The same is happening at Barca and what happened in AC Milan waning years.

Havent watched him in the last few years.

He's been around for ages.

Is he still good?

I hope there is still plenty of mileage in the tank and he still has the hunger and desire to adjust and succeed in a new league.

I know people are skeptical about this but why would he stay really? aside from for money theres no other reason to stay. Madrid is full of ancient players and their younger ones dont look too promising. I mean if theres even a slightest chance that Madrid would win La Liga or CL anytime soon, do you think Ramos would have left? he's not stupid.

There are clubs that look much more promising than RM right now. So Varane might as well leave to experience something new and make more money along the way than staying at Madrid and make similar or less money. They can boast about La Decima or some other bollocks like that but those are in the past, the future looks bad for Real Madrid honestly. Premier League is starting to dominate CL again while retaining its domestic competitiveness, hard to say no to that for someone who has won everything like Varane.

Status
Not open for further replies.