Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre Ole defence : Some combination of Rojo/Smalling/Jones/Darmian/shaw/blind/lindelof/bailly

Ole's potential back 4: AWB – Varane – Maguire – Shaw

When you spend around £200 million (+ Telles) you would expect this kind of upgrade :)
They were all not for nothing :)

This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest.

Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.
Don't think so, this time. Seems like this is happening.
Real aren't offering enough for him to renew, though I'm not entirely sure why. Varane has had a couple of poor seasons, but I don't understand why Real don't actually try to keep him, considering how many years he performed for them.

Well, guess it's their loss. WIll be another amazing signing for Utd.

We need someone jinxing it for the greater good. Let it be Ivaldo.
It is the reason why I'm here. Once my task is done, I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain ivaldo.

Better than hearing about how we are relaxed and monitoring the situation. That’s transfer speak for we are going to do nothing. All the noise sounds concrete. I really hope Varane is still amazing. I definitely have slight doubts but I think he should at least help us play higher up against the poorer teams and we will hopefully turn a few of those draws into wins!

Get him if you can. But I can't help but feel a top level CDM is what would best transform this team, free up Pogba to go forward in a 3 man midfield.

This reminds me a little bit of Vidal saga. He was also around 27-28 when the rumours about him joining United came out. He was also the top dog during that time. That saga broke me. Hopefully this will not end up that way.

Mad that this actually seems to be on. I've been dismissing it as bullshit until recently.

same, but I still don’t believe it.. I wanted Varane since before he went to Real Madrid.. I don’t want to get sucked into it then feel the disappointments I’ve felt over the years.

I'm confident enough that this is a done dealio. feck all the negativity. Varane is coming. :devil:
If we are going to pay him 5mil a year more than Real are prepared to pay him then he is coming....no doubt about it.

Only one Sancho so far and it is already the 2nd half of July, come on!

Last edited:
With Marca claiming Chelsea are in for Varane,might be tough for Varane to turn them down.
images

MARCA is full of shit

Sounds like Real Madrid is trying to use Chelsea’s name to squeeze out some more money.

Sounds like Real Madrid is trying to use Chelsea’s name to squeeze out some more money.

I think it's more likely to be a media outlet drumming up one last set of ad revenues via site clicks because the deal is probably done.

Fabrizio is saying that our bid is coming after 4 days of talks, so likely to be in a Sancho final leg situation where both sides are happy with the initial offer and there might be some small haggling over a few million.

I think it's more likely to be a media outlet drumming up one last set of ad revenues via site clicks because the deal is probably done.

Fabrizio is saying that our bid is coming after 4 days of talks, so likely to be in a Sancho final leg situation where both sides are happy with the initial offer and there might be some small haggling over a few million.

Yep I think its this as well. Especially using another English team.

Yep I think its this as well. Especially using another English team.

I'll believe the chelsea link if Matt Law tweets about some "huge development". A throw away Marca article just as Fab tweets about our bid is simply bait for ad revenue.

Marca are Madrid mouthpiece. Likely trying to get United to flinch on that last few quid.

It'll be a done dealio by the middle of next week. Not sure we'll have announced because well we certainly don't like to rush that sort of thing.

i imagine the next big rush of updates will be the UK media reporting the bid going in.

feck me sideways. Never thought this could be possible. Apologize to all muppets about my previous pessimism.

(and put our beloved Club down as unworthy :( @Ramshock )

How's Benzema's contract btw?

'United are pushing and pushing and pushing'

Yeah...we are pushing because it's the steal of the window even for 50-60 million euros.

Varane to MUFC for 55 million euros (split the diff) is likely to be 3-5 million pounds cheaper than Ben White (not dissing White, just the fee) and we are getting a world-class CB in their prime years.

feck me sideways. Never thought this could be possible. Apologize to all muppets about my previous pessimism.

(and put our beloved Club down as unworthy :( @Ramshock )

How's Benzema's contract btw?

Same here, I am still numb and won't dare believe it till it actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.