Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling about this transfer.

He has made it clear its about the money he feels he is owed by Madrid, for under paying him compared to Alba and if Madrid give in, pay him with a decent contract, he will stay.

We've been burned before.

I think what we are currently hearing is just noise to fill the airwaves and get clicks while he’s on holiday and nothing is happening.

Real Madrid don’t want to enter proper negotiations until they have met him and he has confirmed his desire to leave.

Varane is clear that he’s ready for a new challenge which combined with Real’s poor offer has him set on leaving.

United are attractive to Varane and he’s provisionally agreed terms with us and is keen to join the project.

Until Varane’s holiday is over nothing is going to be resolved.

Don't dick around United get it done

Or…. negotiate and save ourselves money to spend elsewhere? I dunno just a thought.
Usually I would agree with the negotiating stance, we need to be better in the market, however, this isn’t the signing to dick about with over 5mill Euro’s (if the article is even accurate.)

We need this signing, a lot.

So is Varane ghosting Madrid's calls? :lol:

I'm guessing he's waiting on United and Madrid to agree on a fee before he flat out tells Madrid he wants to leave, otherwise the dressing room at the Bernabeau might be a tad bit awkward next season if United fail to scrounge up the pennies under the couch pillows.

The fact is - we have no clue what kind of wages he want, or would accept. But if we sign Varane for £45 million + give him wages of £400.000 a week - he would in 5 years cost us £150 million. Harry Kane who is the same same age, would cost that before his wages. Just to put things into perspective.

Fair enough but it's being reported that Ramos was on that and that's what they are playing Alaba, not to mention Bale or Hazard.

It doesn't seem excessive in that context.
It's a similar-ish position that Wijnaldum was in at Liverpool.

Fair enough but it's being reported that Ramos was on that and that's what they are playing Alaba, not to mention Bale or Hazard.

It doesn't seem excessive in that context.
Yeah, but two defenders on those wages? I don't think so

Why we gave that to Alaba instead of Varane is another story...hell, why we gave that to Alaba in the fist place is its own story. A weird, nonsensical story...

I have a bad feeling about this transfer.

He has made it clear its about the money he feels he is owed by Madrid, for under paying him compared to Alba and if Madrid give in, pay him with a decent contract, he will stay.

We've been burned before.

Excuess you, who made it clear, i mean is there some information am not awear of? for what i know he's not wanted to commit to Real for years dispit us offering multiple contracts, Seem you have a quote of him saying it's about money? please do share with us!

Excuess you, who made it clear, i mean is there some information am not awear of? for what i know he's not wanted to commit to Real for years dispit us offering multiple contracts, Seem you have a quote of him saying it's about money? please do share with us!

That's the information everyone is reporting. Apparently, he wants 12m and you're only offering 7m.

Where are you getting your info from and why hasn't he signed then?

If we sell DeGea, then the wages are not an issue but I smell the odour of Ramos on this deal. Luckily, Madrid don’t have that sort of cash so I could be wrong. A quality CB is the number one priority in my eyes.

The fact is - we have no clue what kind of wages he want, or would accept. But if we sign Varane for £45 million + give him wages of £400.000 a week - he would in 5 years cost us £150 million. Harry Kane who is the same same age, would cost that before his wages. Just to put things into perspective.
Shit perspective because you're comparing fee + wages to fee. Its a pointless comparison. What would kane cost + wages?

Pay that extra 5m immediately then

It's worth a least trying to negotiate. Think of 5m in your own personal pocket.
Not at the expense of losing the player but if it takes a few extra days of discussion to get that saving, so be it.

Sky Sports reporting we’ve been given permission to speak to him.

I thought we’d already agreed in principle with Varane:wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.