5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think the higher ups might have decided to force the older high earners out, but people also have rather short memory. Maguire and Varane together was pretty ass as a duo in OGS’s last season, you can argue that they are in a different place now but that combination never really worked well and it’s not a cardinal sin if a manager who watches them in training regularly think it’s not worth trying out.

That being said, might as well just play Evans there instead of Shaw, who is twice the fullback Reguillon is even on his worst day.

I do think the higher ups might have decided to force the older high earners out, but people also have rather short memory. Maguire and Varane together was pretty ass as a duo in OGS’s last season, you can argue that they are in a different place now but that combination never really worked well and it’s not a cardinal sin if a manager who watches them in training regularly think it’s not worth trying out.

That being said, might as well just play Evans there instead of Shaw, who is twice the fullback Reguillon is even on his worst day.
Maguire is like a different defender lately , you can’t compare him from 2 years ago

I really wonder why he's falling out with them. I more or less get the issues with Ronaldo but overall the 3 of them were good professionals with good work ethic.

He's got a dry personality and doesn't man manage particularly well on the basis of what we can see at both United and Ajax. I think the standard principle of a manager at a top club is to be good with people. The buck stops if that's not achievable, that's why Mourinho is a relic especially when a coach can't get the players onside with their will.

I hope he's back in the team tomorrow, shunting Maguire to the left and playing Shaw in his best position. It's either that or continuing with Shaw at centre back and playing what, dalot at left back?

Could do with him getting 90 minutes under his belt and get ready for the weekend.

I certainly would want him over anyone else at the club to partner Martinez once he's back.

I hope he's back in the team tomorrow, shunting Maguire to the left and playing Shaw in his best position. It's either that or continuing with Shaw at centre back and playing what, dalot at left back?

Could do with him getting 90 minutes under his belt and get ready for the weekend.

I certainly would want him over anyone else at the club to partner Martinez once he's back.

He will play a maximum of 30 mins total over the remaining games untl he's gone in Jan. Anyone realistically expect him to be here 1st Feb?

Only at Man Utd we get to see Evans picked over Varane. Adult Disneyland for sure.

i don’t think maguire-lindelof or maguire-shaw work neither. I’d rather have varane in that backline any day. Are we pushing him away? Maybe

The fact that Evan’s came on for Shaw today. Ouch.

EtH clearly sees the left and right sided CB as different roles...Varane can only play in one position in this team RCB. Basically only Maguire is playing in front of him.

As big a critic I am of his, I'd much rather he partner Maguire with Shaw at LB than see Shaw at CB with one of Dalot or Reguilon at LB.

Man Utd 0:1 Bayern Munich
Ten Hag is a clown for not starting him in recent weeks, levels above anything else we've been fielding like Shaw, Lindelof and Evans.

Woeful for the goal. Didn't have much else to do for the rest of the night as Bayern barely tried.

Stepped out for their goal, got done like a kipper by the ball through. He lasted the match though which is a positive I guess.

Solid performance considering it was his first start in a good while. In a position he supposedly can't play according to some on here.

Very significant mistake for a goal, good otherwise. But it’s hard to put a player at fault if he is simply frozen. Generally speaking, he is at the very least better than Lindelof was showing in this position, and I would think better than Shaw as a LCB as well

Ten Hag is a clown for not starting him in recent weeks, levels above anything else we've been fielding like Shaw, Lindelof and Evans.
Not sure about that, thought he looked rusty which is expected. He overcommitted in first half and got overplayed for Bayern to create their best chance, was poor for the goal and didn’t offer much in possession.
In general I like him more to the right but now he is behind Maguire for that spot.

Varane getting blamed for the goal :lol: When AWB was yards behind the defensive line.

Would you rather Varane let Kane take his sweet time to pick a spot?

Also crazy how EtH is now relying on Varane to save his job despite reportedly transfer listing him :lol::lol: just as he did with Maguire and McTominay.

Evans went out and didnt get the ball, Varane let the ball in behind him for the run. AWB was with Sane in his correct position

Technically Coman started from their right wing so he was Dalot's man. But he got involved centrally and stayed there for the next phase and made the run directly behind Varane

I would accept it if I thought they’d try to replace him with the next great CB.

Can’t cope knowing he’ll be replaced by Michael Keane. So it’s a “keep” from me.

Likelihood is that it will be a new manager making the call anyway.

Liverpool 0:0 Man Utd
Gotta say I am shocked and surprised that 4 time CL winner who is 30(not 50, as many would want you believe) can actually play well as left CB. Absolutely shocking stuff.

Brilliant. Him and Evans showing their experience and nerve.

Not one shaky moment that I can remember.

I.M.M.E.N.S.E

what a performance. Without him we lose this.

Status
Not open for further replies.