Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

I guess he's the scapegoat. He's clearly not the problem though.

I don't think he's the scapegoat. Everyone knows the players are just at much to blame if not more. They're not really in a position to sack the players and replace them to try and stay up though.

I guess he's the scapegoat. He's clearly not the problem though.

You think the same bunch of players would perform as badly under a better manager?

Ranieri is quite erratic in his results and that's been the case for most the clubs he's been at. Last years anomaly shouldn't burden his crop of players. Their standard is top half and if they had more consistent manager in charge I think they'd achieve it.

There's no room for football in football.

Whoa!!!

How ungrateful ffs, he transformed them from relegation side to title winning side and they're still in CL!

Truly lame if it gets confirmation.

The alternative was Leicester getting relegated.

There's little room for heart or loyalty in football today - not when the stakes are so high and the financial implications so great.

Hope they get relegated. Their players have been very poor this season & Ranieri is the scapegoat.

Football, bloody hell.

At least he won't be the one that "officially" got them relegated.

I mean...

Give it Giggsy till the end of the season!

Hope the twats get relegated.

Feel bad for Raneiri but he got his PL medal in extraordinary fashion and that's what he will be remembered for.

They were going down if they didn't sack him tbf. I think the players made it impossible for him to stay, they're all bunch of cnuts.

#BringBackShowbizBrendan

Wow, wow, wow! :eek: I hope they get fecked now. Football can be so shit sometimes. Feel for the guy. Hope those players and the board get what they wished for. Even if they had gone down, they would easily have done a Newcastle. They should have stuck with him.

Hope the twats get relegated.

Feel bad for Raneiri but he got his PL medal in extraordinary fashion and that's what he will be remembered for.
Yeah, I'm praying they get relegated now. Hope Liverpool & Klopp put 5/6 past them in the next game.

Why not wait until they see if he can actually manage to get Leicester through to the next round of the CL? So strange.

What a bunch of ungreatful cnuts. Well at least it will be nice to see them relegated now.

Leicester City Football Club has tonight (Thursday) parted company with its First Team Manager, Claudio Ranieri.

- Leicester City Football Club announces the departure of Claudio Ranieri

- Ranieri has served as First Team Manager since July 2015
- City won the Premier League title in Ranieri’s first season as manager
- Vice Chairman pays tribute, but explains the need to serve the Club’s long-term interests
- Craig Shakespeare and Mike Stowell to assume interim First Team responsibilities

Leicester City Football Club has tonight (Thursday) parted company with its First Team Manager, Claudio Ranieri.
Claudio, appointed City manager in July 2015, led the Foxes to the greatest triumph in the Club’s 133-year history last season, as we were crowned champions of England for the first time. His status as the most successful Leicester City manager of all time is without question.
However, domestic results in the current campaign have placed the Club’s Premier League status under threat and the Board reluctantly feels that a change of leadership, while admittedly painful, is necessary in the Club’s greatest interest.
Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “This has been the most difficult decision we have had to make in nearly seven years since King Power took ownership of Leicester City. But we are duty-bound to put the Club’s long-term interests above all sense of personal sentiment, no matter how strong that might be.
“Claudio has brought outstanding qualities to his office. His skilful management, powers of motivation and measured approach have been reflective of the rich experience we always knew he would bring to Leicester City. His warmth, charm and charisma have helped transform perceptions of the Club and develop its profile on a global scale. We will forever be grateful to him for what he has helped us to achieve.
“It was never our expectation that the extraordinary feats of last season should be replicated this season. Indeed, survival in the Premier League was our first and only target at the start of the campaign. But we are now faced with a fight to reach that objective and feel a change is necessary to maximise the opportunity presented by the final 13 games.”
First Team preparations for Monday’s Premier League fixture against Liverpool will resume on Saturday, with Assistant Manager Craig Shakespeare and First Team Coach Mike Stowell taking charge of the squad until a new manager is appointed.
Assistant Manager and First Team Coach Paolo Benetti and First Team Sport Science and Conditioning Coach Andrea Azzalin have also parted company with the Club and leave with our thanks for their service and best wishes for the future.
The Board will now begin the recruitment process and will make no further comment until that process is completed.

I like Ranieri but must say this - I personally think he stumbled across a winning formula last season with nearly every player on form and won an extremely weak league where every 'big side' was shite. It was a fluke, a freak occurrence. Behind closed doors I bet he couldn't believe what was happening.

His tactics this season have been abysmal. He has set up Leicester in the wrong way nearly every game I have watched them play.

I don't think the sacking is a surprise in the modern cutthroat world of football. He has made a balls up of this season and they could be relegated because of it.

The owners couldn't sell every player overnight so the next thing to do is sack the boss. The buck ALWAYS stops with the manager at the end of the day.

It's the right decision.

Everyone on here is looking at it from the view of 'he did so well'. Ya, he did. Means feck all right now as they don't want to get relegated. It in no way lessens what was achieved last year, but no-one is bigger than the club.

He's been awful for them this season though. How long do you let sentiment get in the way?
The summer transfer business was a joke in hindsight. And why does he keep playing these half-baked back-up players like A.King etc? Was inevitable IMO.

Nice timing. The standard "New manager? Shit, we better stop being shit lads" resurgence just in time for Liverpool visiting.

Apart from that, it's a bit shitty. Ranieri is incredibly likeable. The players have really let him down. Some individual performances this season have been appalling. Huth and Morgan in particular often looked like they'd had enough during games.

You think the same bunch of players would perform as badly under a better manager?

Ranieri is quite erratic in his results and that's been the case for most the clubs he's been at. Last years anomaly shouldn't burden his crop of players. Their standard is top half and if they had more consistent manager in charge I think they'd achieve it.
:lol:

Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater, Simpson & Fuchs standard is Top 10. :lol:

They literally only have 4/5 decent players & two of those are new signings (Ndidi, Slimani)

the last two premier league winners have been sacked prior to completing their next full season in charge of the same club.

not sure if that's noteworthy these days, but it's incredible to me

Give it Giggsy till end of t'season

This is where they should have been last year.

Normal service is resumed, expect to find him jobbing around in the Asian leagues or propping up the MLS in the not too distant future.

It seems heartless but it had to be done. They've been genuinely terrible for months now and it clearly wasn't getting any better.

There's no room for sentiment in football anymore and the financial implications of going down meant they had to take action now.

Why not wait until they see if he can actually manage to get Leicester through to the next round of the CL? So strange.
Seeing the team being able to motivate themselves for the CL yesterday and play ok, while being an absolute joke in the league must have made them think that Ranieri just couldn't motivate the team in the league and they could do a lot better.

- Leicester City Football Club announces the departure of Claudio Ranieri
- Ranieri has served as First Team Manager since July 2015
- City won the Premier League title in Ranieri’s first season as manager
- Vice Chairman pays tribute, but explains the need to serve the Club’s long-term interests
- Craig Shakespeare and Mike Stowell to assume interim First Team responsibilities

Claudio, appointed City manager in July 2015, led the Foxes to the greatest triumph in the Club’s 133-year history last season, as we were crowned champions of England for the first time. His status as the most successful Leicester City manager of all time is without question.
However, domestic results in the current campaign have placed the Club’s Premier League status under threat and the Board reluctantly feels that a change of leadership, while admittedly painful, is necessary in the Club’s greatest interest.
Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “This has been the most difficult decision we have had to make in nearly seven years since King Power took ownership of Leicester City. But we are duty-bound to put the Club’s long-term interests above all sense of personal sentiment, no matter how strong that might be.
“Claudio has brought outstanding qualities to his office. His skilful management, powers of motivation and measured approach have been reflective of the rich experience we always knew he would bring to Leicester City. His warmth, charm and charisma have helped transform perceptions of the Club and develop its profile on a global scale. We will forever be grateful to him for what he has helped us to achieve.
“It was never our expectation that the extraordinary feats of last season should be replicated this season. Indeed, survival in the Premier League was our first and only target at the start of the campaign. But we are now faced with a fight to reach that objective and feel a change is necessary to maximise the opportunity presented by the final 13 games.”
First Team preparations for Monday’s Premier League fixture against Liverpool will resume on Saturday, with Assistant Manager Craig Shakespeare and First Team Coach Mike Stowell taking charge of the squad until a new manager is appointed.
Assistant Manager and First Team Coach Paolo Benetti and First Team Sport Science and Conditioning Coach Andrea Azzalin have also parted company with the Club and leave with our thanks for their service and best wishes for the future.
The Board will now begin the recruitment process and will make no further comment until that process is completed.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/20...part-company-3591441.aspx#Cb4U48UB6j4fjpkE.99