Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

Mods can we have a poll on whether it's the right decision?

We were told David Moyes deserved more time after 9 months of taking us down the shitter. Leicester sack their manager after winning the league and that's perfectly fine.

He won that tinpot club the League & they sack him. Hope they go down.

Really don't understand the shock or surprise here. Last season was amazing, a fantastic achievement, but that shouldn't mean immunity from the sack. They've been awful this season.

Granted, they sold their best player and didn't adequately replace him and they signed some dross in the summer, but the players threw him under the bus. Hope they go down.
agreed with this tbh
Why didn't they replace Kante properly - was simple.

Classless idiots. Leicester can still go further in the CL and they're not even in the relegation zone in the PL.

Strange timing after a good result yesterday.

Saw it coming tho. Feel bad for him tbh.

I have zero sympathy for the players tbh, they have completely given up this season.

We were told David Moyes deserved more time after 9 months of taking us down the shitter. Leicester sack their manager after winning the league and that's perfectly fine.

Moyes didn't win us the league. SAF did.

Crazy in the grand scheme of things but really it had to be done I'd say otherwise they were certs to go down
Really don't understand the shock or surprise here. Last season was amazing, a fantastic achievement, but that shouldn't mean immunity from the sack. They've been awful this season.

Sums it up nicely. The outrage in this thread is hilarious.

Brilliant, what a story. There will be a movie on this in a few years time, especially if they get relegated

I guess he's the scapegoat. He's clearly not the problem though.

It's one poor season with a club that had no business finishing as high as they did the previous season. Not to mention they lost their best player before the season started.

Why are people saying he shouldn't be immune from the sack? He won the title with fecking Leicester, he can get them relegated two seasons in a row and still deserve the job.

They could have at least given him the home leg in the CL. Christ.

Irrespective of the results in the league, Leicester owed it to him to see how far can he take them in Europe

Exactly. If they get the right guy in like Sawnsea did with Clement then they can save their season.

Right decision. They needed a change, or they risked getting relegated.

A new manager will force the players to prove themselves. Could make the difference in staying up.

Although, why would they sack him before the 2nd leg vs. Sevilla? Seems odd.
What is the point now. Do it in January. These players couldn't give a toss. They are league winners, if they get relegated they will all jump ship. The effort they have put in this season is disgraceful.

Now I understand why Wenger never wants to win the league.

On a serious note, wanted them to stay up and have a good CL run, now I couldn't give a shit.

I guess he's the scapegoat. He's clearly not the problem though.
They have pub players like Morgan (arguably the worst player in the League), Simpson, Huth & Fuchs in defense yet he's to blame for their season. :lol:

Mourinho was sacked because half the club hated him. Had nothing with do with performances.
Yeah right

Plus haven't there been loads of stories about the Leicester dressing room being divided because a lot of players dont like Ranieri?

You can discuss lack of good signing in especially in the defence. Wes Morgan is a pub player and Robert Huth is a joke. Kante made them look like an okay defender. He covered so much.

But even though Ranieri's lack of good signing, it's out of this world to even think of sacking the man that give the club their biggest joy in the club's history. A achievement that won't been seen in the next 20-25 years in the Leicester City.

This is beyond a joke and I hope Vardy, Mahrez and all these primadonnas, who couldn't even try to make an effort to let him stay, is getting relegated.

Feel sorry for Ranieri. You would have thought that the league title would buy you time as manager in a midtable club, but I guess not. Sad day for football indeed.

It's one poor season with a club that had no business finishing as high as they did the previous season. Not to mention they lost their best player before the season started.

Survival is everything. He's taking them down.

Anyone in this thread claiming it's the right decision can never have a go at Wenger anymore. Winning the League shouldn't give you any clout or leeway.

Champions League football every single season is more than good enough even if you win feck all.

Irrespective of the results in the league, Leicester owed it to him to see how far can he take them in Europe
That's a very good point, they did owe him that really and considering the decent result in the end last night just makes the timing seem even more awful.

In a strange way by sacking him they're preserving his legacy. He'll never 'technically' be the manager that took them down if they do get relegated. :lol: