Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

This season was never going to be as enjoyable for them when they aren't competing for nice prizes and I suspect folk like Vardy and Mahrez realised this quickly enough and badly regret turning down the big moves they had on the table, offers which may well have passed them by for good. Now they're just wallowing in their own self-pity, made worse by seeing Kante, who did seize the chance to move onwards and upwards, having another great season.
On top of all this, they'll now have to handle being lumped with the blame for the inconceivable situation of Ranieri losing his job. That's just going to make them feel even more sorry for themselves.
I think these players are too damaged for a new manager to save. Sticking with Claudio would at least have let them go down with a sliver of dignity intact.

Kasper being asked one thing and he is answering something else.

A lot of people seem to be giving Kasper Schmeicel a lot of praise for him thanking Ranieri.... it may well be real thanks but it's come out after every man and his dog has criticized the owners and the players, especially Morgan, Ratboy and Schmeicel. Lost a bit of power after 24 hours..
He's a snake at the end of the day, like the others who went asking for his head.

A lot of people seem to be giving Kasper Schmeicel a lot of praise for him thanking Ranieri.... it may well be real thanks but it's come out after every man and his dog has criticized the owners and the players, especially Morgan, Ratboy and Schmeicel. Lost a bit of power after 24 hours..
All Leicester players are charlatan wannabe mercenaries. I feel pain when I think about any of them.

Kasper definitely was lying in that interview, he clearly refused to say he didn't. Reflecting the question each time, could have said no but didn't. Lying rat, get them down.

Interviewer "did you speak to the owners? Did they ask your opinion?"

KS "I have no influence in the owners decisions"

...... and repeat...

I bet SKY think the interviewer was tough.... he wasn't. He just had to say "Kasper, I'm not asking if you have influence, I'm asking if you were asked to and gave YOUR opinion to the owners".

Bottled it.

Thats not the worst part,after that interview those donkeys on Soccer Saturday gave a feeling like Kasper answered the question.

How amazing would it be if there were recordings of the players asking the owners to sack him.

I would like to see them go down, but maybe it will suit them that everyone wants them to go down now.

Love that the football world seems to have unanimously decided that Leicester should have kept Ranieri even if it meant going down.

Very generous of you all to offer their Premier League status in return for romanticism but if you go on Leicester forums you'd see much more informed opinions suggesting the decision very much had to be done.

Love that the football world seems to have unanimously decided that Leicester should have kept Ranieri even if it meant going down.

Very generous of you all to offer their Premier League status in return for romanticism but if you go on Leicester forums you'd see much more informed opinions suggesting the decision very much had to be done.
I must have missed all those reports saying they think Leicester should have kept him even if they were going to get relegated.

Can you post some links?

It didn't mean going down though did it? No-one can answer that.

Ranieri certainly deserved the opportunity to try and keep them up though don't you think? I mean, they weren't even in the bottom 3 at the time of his sacking.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything inevitable about his sacking. I've read a bit on a forum someone posted a link to here. Didn't see a lot of the informed opinion you talk about. Maybe you can provide examples.

The talk isn't they should have gone down with Ranieri, but that he should have been afforded time. In hindsight, maybe they should have sold most of their squad and gone for younger alternatives (Morgan, Huth, Vardy, Schmeichel, Mahrez) and fixed expectations accordingly. But of course, they wanted to make a real go of the CL.

Next manager has a huge task ahead.

The day football sold its soul. Disgraceful decision. A guy who won the Premier League with Leicester and made footballing dreams come true for all the smaller clubs out there. A guy who was one 1-0 victory away from reaching the Champions League last 8 with Leicester. This man should have had the stadium named after him and a statue built in his honour. The players stabbed him in the back. These are average nobodies who Ranieri turned into household names, and they shafted him. Only one of the players since has come out and thanked him for what he did for them. The club and players are a disgrace, they have destroyed their own legacy because they have now become one of the most despised clubs in the land. I hope they lose every game until the end of the season starting at home against the dippers.

The guy deserved time and respect for what he did for that club. Even if they were relegated he deserved time. He deserved to leave on his terms

The only good thing about this might be that he won't be there when the ship goes down (if that happens). And quite possibly, by then, talking to a better club.

So if Leicester are ok with sacking Ranieri after managing them from relegation fodder to champions in his first year does that mean Wenger has been taking the piss for years now and should be dropkicked out of the Emirates.

I do go along with the view the owners are more concerned with prenier league status than any trophy success regardless what the trophy is. Its crappy but soccer is a business more than anything else.

I must have missed all those reports saying they think Leicester should have kept him even if they were going to get relegated.

Can you post some links?
It didn't mean going down though did it? No-one can answer that.

Ranieri certainly deserved the opportunity to try and keep them up though don't you think? I mean, they weren't even in the bottom 3 at the time of his sacking.
Take it you haven't seen much of Leicester this season then, particularly in comparison to the recent form of their relegation rivals? Relegation was looking almost inevitable.
Yeah, I don't think there's anything inevitable about his sacking. I've read a bit on a forum someone posted a link to here. Didn't see a lot of the informed opinion you talk about. Maybe you can provide examples.

The talk isn't they should have gone down with Ranieri, but that he should have been afforded time. In hindsight, maybe they should have sold most of their squad and gone for younger alternatives (Morgan, Huth, Vardy, Schmeichel, Mahrez) and fixed expectations accordingly. But of course, they wanted to make a real go of the CL.

Next manager has a huge task ahead.
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/...odbye-why-sacking-claudio-was-the-right-call/
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/...m-the-media-towards-our-predicament-and-fans/
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/110818-should-ranieri-stay-or-go/

You're trying to say the people who watch Leicester week in week out, scrabble about on the floor for every last bit of Leicester related news they can find are less informed on their situation than yourself?

Didn't know both Chelsea and City won the league in the same season.
It's very obvious I was referring to "win the league one season, get fired the next". At least try to check for context.

You're trying to say the people who watch Leicester week in week out, scrabble about on the floor for every last bit of Leicester related news they can find are less informed on their situation than yourself?

Yeah, I can see how you assume that by reaching to confirm what you already assumed. No. I am not saying that. And I am not saying you have tapped into the unified voice that is "Leicester fans". I also don't view anything as sound if it starts with qualifying how informed one is by saying "I've done this for years" or "I read this paper" if it isn't accompanied by argumentation one can scrutinise. Hence, I asked about any such argumentation.

Yeah, I can see how you assume that by reaching to confirm what you already assumed. No. I am not saying that. And I am not saying you have tapped into the unified voice that is "Leicester fans". I also don't view anything as sound if it starts with qualifying how informed one is by saying "I've done this for years" or "I read this paper" if it isn't accompanied by argumentation one can scrutinise. Hence, I asked about any such argumentation.
Yeah, did you read the first link I provided?

Yeah, did you read the first link I provided?

Yeah. I don't see anything new. Just one individual's opinion and a few congratulatory remarks on such a good post.

A few of the points:

Ranieri lost half the dressing room. When did that happen? Could they have acted quicker. What about the rumoured mutiny?

Ranieri is too nice. That may well be the case. It helped enormously last season with managing expectations but this season was a different beast altogether.

The team spirit thing could be down to many factors. Could be players are no longer hungry. More self-absorbed. Believe their own hype. Get greedy. Lose their most important player who did most of the dirty work.

I'd like to know what he actually did to cause him to lose the dressing room. How did training change, diet, etc.

Thats not the worst part,after that interview those donkeys on Soccer Saturday gave a feeling like Kasper answered the question.

I bet those journalists wont be so forgiving on the Sunday Supplement tomorrow. You get a more independent appraisal from them than you would from most of these football pundits.

I bet those journalists wont be so forgiving on the Sunday Supplement tomorrow. You get a more independent appraisal from them than you would from most of these football pundits.
not when they are columnists who have decided that Ranieri is suddenly a saint when 18 months ago we were mocked for hiring him, the actual journalists may be more balanced

Yeah. I don't see anything new. Just one individual's opinion and a few congratulatory remarks on such a good post.

A few of the points:

Ranieri lost half the dressing room. When did that happen? Could they have acted quicker. What about the rumoured mutiny?

Ranieri is too nice. That may well be the case. It helped enormously last season with managing expectations but this season was a different beast altogether.

The team spirit thing could be down to many factors. Could be players are no longer hungry. More self-absorbed. Believe their own hype. Get greedy. Lose their most important player who did most of the dirty work.

I'd like to know what he actually did to cause him to lose the dressing room. How did training change, diet, etc.
I was told by a friend whose dad has a box at Leicester a fair while ago that Ranieri had supposedly sidelined parts of the sports science staff this season who were fundamental under Pearson and who remained so last season, believing some of them unnecessary, which the players weren't happy about.

They also weren't happy with the departure of Steve Walsh, who was feeling like he had Ranieri's trust much less than he had Pearson's, having to fight just to get the likes of Kante across the line.

Who knows if it's true but some of the things coming out in the media in the last day or so back it up, Craig Shakespeare certainly didn't go out of his way to pay homage to Ranieri in his press conference, instead choosing primarily to defend the players.

I think it's a classic case of manager striking while in a position of strength to gain increased power at a club, forgetting that their success was only partially down to him anyway.

Are you sure it was Ranieri's managerial abilities that helped Leicester City last year and not something else?
I mean, haven't you ever thought of some new enhancing technology, still uknown, therefore still legal?

I do believe Ranieri is a nothing.
And I can't believe how his players were always first to get on the ball last year, challenge after challenge for the whole 90 minutes, week in week fecking out.

The media also built an icon of the good grandpa coach.
On the other hand, in his previous job (greek national team) he was deminishing his players and he brought staff together with him and this staff was really USELESS.
He was acting like a diva in the dressing rooms and nobody liled him.

Are you sure it was Ranieri's managerial abilities that helped Leicester City last year and not something else?
I mean, haven't you ever thought of some new enhancing technology, still uknown, therefore still legal?

And I can't believe how his players were always first to get on the ball last year, challenge after challenge for the whole 90 minutes, week in week fecking out.

On the other hand, in his previous job (greek national team) he was deminishing his players and he brought staff together with him and this staff was really USELESS.

Jesus H Christ.

I can see it now, stuck in the newbs forever.

I was told by a friend whose dad has a box at Leicester a fair while ago that Ranieri had supposedly sidelined parts of the sports science staff this season who were fundamental under Pearson and who remained so last season, believing some of them unnecessary, which the players weren't happy about.

They also weren't happy with the departure of Steve Walsh, who was feeling like he had Ranieri's trust much less than he had Pearson's, having to fight just to get the likes of Kante across the line.

Who knows if it's true but some of the things coming out in the media in the last day or so back it up, Craig Shakespeare certainly didn't go out of his way to pay homage to Ranieri in his press conference, instead choosing primarily to defend the players.

I think it's a classic case of manager striking while in a position of strength to gain increased power at a club, forgetting that their success was only partially down to him anyway.
Where to start?? This post..... or your posts since ..... or that you haven't backed up your original post and fail to answer other poster's points (a la Kasper Schmeicel).

Your friend's Dad thinks Ranieri supposedly did something? Could it be any more convoluted or vague?

If the sports science staff were so fundamental to Pearson, they could have been sacked/let go ages ago then? They were there when Leicester only just avoided relegation two seasons ago.

Remember, your original post was specific and bold in saying the entire football world had unanimously come to an opinion that you disagreed with.... namely that even if Leicester were getting relegated, they should have stuck with Ranieri.

All you've done is link three Leicester forum posts and a story from your friend's Dad's second cousin's neighbour.

No one is arguing that this season has been poor for Leicester or that Ranieri may have made mistakes but you're adding two and two and making 53 by saying the entire world is only against the sacking because they're sentimental sheep.

Maybe it's because Ranieri hasn't become a bad coach overnight, maybe it's because the owners said they would stick by him, maybe it's because it's clear the players are playing sh!te, maybe it's because he might have kept them up anyway and maybe (MAYBE) for some, it is because they are sentimental.... and that's a bad thing yeah?

For what it's worth, I'd have kept him - Leicester owners appear to have forgotten that their natural position is about 10-18 and last season was a miraculous one-off.