Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to question on what basis he was given the role, if it was to introduce some form of geggenpressing, we’ve barely seen it, or at least only in moments. It was a gamble, and it hasn’t really worked.

No, all him. He was supposed to wave the wand and turn these into a class act.

Ffs. Laughable. Look forward to when ETH gets the job and doesn't have us in top 3 in 18 months.

Sack him, he's shite etc etc

There was no wand needed, just someone semi-competent to steer us to top 4.

That was more than doable but if Arsenal beat Palace on Monday we'll be 6 points behind with a worse goal difference and they have a game on hand us with 8 games to go.

They also have much easier fixtures too.

To try and dress Ralf up as anything other than a spectacular failure is laughable.

I’m starting to question on what basis he was given the role, if it was to introduce some form of geggenpressing, we’ve barely seen it, or at least only in moments. It was a gamble, and it hasn’t really worked.
Someone experienced seeing out the season. It's that pretty obvious at this point.

There was no wand needed, just someone semi-competent to steer us to top 4.

That was more than doable
but if Arsenal beat Palace on Monday we'll be 6 points behind with a worse goal difference and they have a game on hand us with 8 games to go.

They also have much easier fixtures too.

To try and dress Ralf up as anything other than a spectacular failure is laughable.
What a load of bollocks. We were an absolute mess and arguably still are. Until we root out the toxic and lazy culture at the club everything else is a pipe dream.

Damn people really expected some shit when so much drivel is spouted now, bet if we were solid 4th, you wouldnt hear a peep. There would be few focusing on performances but thats about it.

Lets ignore all things around and after his appointment. Personally i really dont give a shit him staying or not, my biggest issue with him that he decided to stick with this overpaid bunch instead of getting youngsters and brute force his way of play, ready or not for the PL, they would translate that style better, they would be more hungry etc.

People saying how he should adapt to players Ole left him, getting something out of them, while being vetoed to sign a single body, not even DM, you know feck that and feck them.

He wont be a manager next season, so be happy, those posts how he is worse than this or that, than Ole (:lol:) are just out of touch. People said how every other previous manager needed 2 summers 500mil spent, them getting THEIR players before we can judge them and knifes were out for RR after one week, you couldnt make that shit up.

Yeah if Ralf were a better manager, leading to us playing better and winning games then people would whinge less, the fecking idiots!

Ffs. Laughable. Look forward to when ETH gets the job and doesn't have us in top 3 in 18 months.

Ole literally got us 3rd within 18 months. Then 2nd the season after. And he is and was regarded as a PE teaching joke not worthy of any PL job throughout.

How has he been "Fine" ? I mean what did he do exactly ? Both results and football are as bad as we used to be.

He has been a complete failure from every single perspective.

And contrary to what others seem to convince themselves, the season was still very much salvageable when he got the job. We still had Fa Cup and CL to look forward to and we had only played 14 matches out of possible 38 in the league.

He fecked up completely.

He's been fine in that he has done the borderline with a toxic squad where half of them want to leave and a dead season. I don't think you can entirely blame the manager here, but I'm not saying he's been good either. Said he was a let down. Just that I wouldn't say it's his fault.

This was only going to work fully if they players could be bothered with it. Problem we have had is the squad is so thin he is still having to use players who are thinking about their next clubs. Bet he never realised just what a poisonous backstabbing bunch of layabouts he was being asked to work with. Also Greenwood. :mad:

Yeah if Ralf were a better manager, leading to us playing better and winning games then people would whinge less, the fecking idiots!

Well guess its better to be shit and whinge a lot about it, than to win games, whinge less and sing "Ralf at wheel" until he gets permanent role.

Ole literally got us 3rd within 18 months. Then 2nd the season after. And he is and was regarded as a PE teaching joke not worthy of any PL job throughout.
He did, until the players decided he wasn't really good enough to be coaching them. That is why any new manager needs to get players in who are well and truly on his side.

Someone experienced seeing out the season. It's that pretty obvious at this point.
We clearly hadn’t planned for Ole not working out and had to scramble around to find someone. Rangnick was brought in for his style of play but in hindsight perhaps naive to think it would work given his lack of notable experience in the past 15 years.

He's been fine in that he has done the borderline with a toxic squad where half of them want to leave and a dead season. I don't think you can entirely blame the manager here, but I'm not saying he's been good either. Said he was a let down. Just that I wouldn't say it's his fault.

It's not his fault he's shit, I think everyone would probably agree with that. Moyes and Ole weren't good enough either, and just like with them their appointment reflects badly on the board rather than on them (although I will never stop despising Moyes with his fecking excuses). But that's no reason to pretend Ralf has done or is doing a good job. He's not, he's amongst the worst coaches in the league and it shows. Seems a good guy though, certainly don't wish him ill, just wish people would accept he was a terrible appointment (after a catalogue of errors in how Ole's departure was handled). The board need to take the full blame for this season, they have handled almost everything disastrously from start to finish.

What a load of bollocks. We were an absolute mess and arguably still are. Until we root out the toxic and lazy culture at the club everything else is a pipe dream.

Unfortunately you're completely deluded.

Yes there are some players that need to go but he isn't getting anywhere near the maximum out of this squad.

Not even close.

Favre would not only be getting more out of Sancho but far, far more out of the rest of the team with modern tactics.

Rangnick's methods are clearly very dated and it shows.

No improvement, crashed out of the cups and now our top 4 hopes have completely gone. No i don't rate him, not at all. There hasn't been one performance or one result that has made me think, he's on to something.

He has had enough time to at least you would think get some elements of his philosophy going and in all honesty we are no better than what we were under Ole, we are possibly even worse.

Less patterns of play, less of a discernable identity our attacking play is frankly awful. Defensively slightly better but it has come at a massive cost to our attacking play. And he has destroyed the confidence of the group completely.

i like RR for many reasons though I am not sure about his side kicks: an american guy and fletcher who doesnt have much experience.

Can't Manchester United in theory get 2 good managers since 2 heads are better than 1? or 3?sean dyche as defence and set piece coach and motivator, Bielsa as fitness coach, ten hag as attacking coach and pochettino as head coach? would that be money better spent than 100M on sancho or other shinny toy?

na this is ridiculous... OR IS IT?

Yep at least we didn’t do this, every cloud.
I too am glad we hired a sporting director in a role that required short term results when we could have had one of the top t coaches in europe

He was lucky to even be considered for the job.
The guy has been an absolute disappointment. Yes he got a mess but still 5 months is a good amount of time to stamp some authority. No play style, no passion, no planning as well. All he has done is beg Cavani to stay.

He’s a complete poser.

I noticed on Friday’s pre match presser that suddenly his tune had changed. Previously, he was preaching control, his system… :lol: . He was talking about how we have a group of talented players, etc.

Suddenly, when asked about how we turn it around, his answer was “recruitment”. Chickenshit answer. You were hired to get us into the top 4, take us forward in the FA Cup and CL. Maybe not win them, but at least put in a good showing.

Matches: 21
W9 D8 L4 42.86%

In comparison, when Ole took over in 2018-19,
Matches: 29
W16 D4 L9 55.1%

‘Ole needed to go after the Liverpool loss, absolutely needed to be sacked. But the Ralf fan boys need to run up the white flag. Ralf has been a disaster. You can blame.It on the squad all you want, but in reality, Ole was better AND STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I expect more from the club, I expect more from the players, but mostly, I expect more from Ralf.

Yes there are some players that need to go but he isn't getting anywhere near the maximum out of this squad.

Not even close.

Favre would not only be getting more out of Sancho but far, far more out of the rest of the team with modern tactics.

I'm deluded? :lol:

I’m struggling to understand why (Lingard) he’s in the match day squad when in games like this we aren’t going to use him? Seems bizarre.

Elanga and Sancho were poor second half and Lingard should have come on. If you’re not going to use him why not give a spot to one of the young players? Seems odd.

Put this in the Lingard thread but guess it fits better here. Can’t understand the logic.
Well, you and Rangnick, I'm sure. He obviously never thought he'd use him and was happy to let him go. Our board of financial football expers thought different.

Just another branch in the tree of failure cultivated by the Glazers over the past decade or so.

Not even close.

Think they likely wanted Carrick to stop on but he didn't want to and they had to let Ralf become the interim. I suspect they really just wanted his expertise at building a club. Trouble now is it has turned into an even bigger job. However we now know where the big problems are where getting Top 4 might have fooled us into thinking this team is not that far away, when really they are a long way off.

Well, you and Rangnick, I'm sure. He obviously never thought he'd use him and was happy to let him go. Our board of financial football expers thought different.

Just another branch in the tree of failure cultivated by the Glazers over the past decade or so.

Loathed to judge him too harshly because of the situation he walked into.

But when you only have six months and with no appetite from the club for January acquisitions, you have to try and motivate the squad you have. And do it in double quick time. He just hasn't been able to do that.

Football really isn’t difficult when you spend 1.4bn in 9 years. We’ve just made it look difficult.

He's right, we need ambitious players, who want to improve to a higher level. Too many see us as something to lift their profile, not in the footballing sense but in a commercial sense and that should never be the priority.

I also remember us finishing 2nd and 3rd.

After almost as easy a run of 21 games as you could pick. 5 aways from 8 games to come including Arsenal and Liverpool with Chelsea at home.

People absolving Rangnick of any blame when his stats is more or less the same as Ole's worst period at the club. He's been god awful. .:lol: :lol:

What a weird bunch of fecking idiots.

Play AWB and you’d moan he is not good enough either. There are no other RB’s. He’s right, you’re moaning for moaning’s sake.
By your logic, you guys never moan? Not even doing it under Ole or Jose or LVG? Why feel the sudden need to bring up about moaning now?

Saying that there is a better player in that position and should be played is not moaning. It is a logical explanation from me because I do think AWB is better than Dalot in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.