Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Rangnick's and Pochettino's styles are extremely similar.
Poch is more pragmatic than ETH. In some situations that's good, and in some situations that's bad. However, I was under the impression that Ralf wants his manager to be less pragmatic. Or rather, that he wants the manager to be confident in having a clear playstyle for all phases of plays. I would think that Ralf would prefer ETH for that reason. A more pragmatic coach has a less defined playstyle because it tries to adapt or rather completely change for every opponent.

lots of great comments from Ralf today.

I do love his honesty and not afraid to call out people.

lots of great comments from Ralf today.

I do love his honesty and not afraid to call out people.

I think Ralf Rangnick is exactly what we needed to expose the tactically inept in our squad and call out the players who thought they ran the club.

The progress he’s made has been steady but not none existent and is what was needed for the long term good of the club. Sometimes it’s possible for results to paint a false picture, both winning and losing, and either give players something to hide behind or a stick to unfairly get beaten with.

This season has ultimately killed my enjoyment of United games. It was dying slowly the previous few years but this season has put the final nail in the coffin. Ole and Ralf really managed to kill football for me.

I don't have the slightest interest in watching any of our remaining games. I'm not watching the second half and I don't even care about the result.

Sad to confess this but I can't hide it anymore. At the moment I feel like the 2 hours I watch United in is a wasted time I can spend doing something more useful.

Tactically clueless. Only good thing he's done is sort out the McFred situation. Scott you sit deep, Fred you can go and press. Rest of it is just inept.

I've been consistent from the very beginning that he was shite and no better than Ole. The support the manager no matter what crowd were convincing themselves of progress that clearly wasn't there.

Four months later and the excuses are still coming through.

This season has ultimately killed my enjoyment of United games. It was dying slowly the previous few years but this season has put the final nail in the coffin. Ole and Ralf really managed to kill football for me.

I don't have the slightest interest in watching any of our remaining games. I'm not watching the second half and I don't even care about the result.

Sad to confess this but I can't hide it anymore. At the moment I feel like the 2 hours I watch United in is a wasted time I can spend doing something more useful.
First time in years the game was on for the first ten minutes and I didn't bother switching over from the news.

I feel sorry for him having 6 months to try and get a tune out of the shower of shit he was given to work with

Decent players rip them apart, even with this system. So many openings, so much space. Decision making, player ability and effort is complete shit.

I must've counted 4 or 5 times a player made a good run and it was ignored or delayed until they were offside.

I've been consistent from the very beginning that he was shite and no better than Ole. The support the manager no matter what crowd were convincing themselves of progress that clearly wasn't there.

Four months later and the excuses are still coming through.
Have you seen what he has to work with? :wenger:

I feel sorry for him having 6 months to try and get a tune out of the shower of shit he was given to work with

He's put Paul fecking Pogba up front. Again. And Rashford is on the bench. And Elanga is playing WB practically. It's fecking mental.

He's put Paul fecking Pogba up front. Again. And Rashford is on the bench. And Elanga is playing WB practically. It's fecking mental.
Why are you upset about Rashford being on the bench?

But worse than Ralf?

Yeah the whole squad give zero fecks it doesn’t matter who the manager is currently

Can’t wait for Ralf to spill the beans on this lot when he leaves the squad is fecking toxic

The players are mentally checked out, I've been disappointed with his tenure so far but I don't really place too much blame at his feet. It's likely to be a long painful process to get this team looking competent once we get a permanent manager in place.

Why are you upset about Rashford being on the bench?

I'm not. But if you're playing 442 when you only have 2 semi-strikers (Elanga and Rashford), why the feck are neither of them up front?

I do wonder if ten Hag, Pochettino, or anyone would have done much more in the time Rangnick has had with this side? Guess we’ll find out next season.

I suppose the positive is Rangnick has had a proper look at the side and can supply a full and frank insider report to the incoming manger without any agenda.

I do wonder if ten Hag, Pochettino, or anyone would have done much more in the time Rangnick has had with this side? Guess we’ll find out next season.

I suppose the positive is Rangnick has had a proper look at the side and can supply a full and frank insider report to the incoming manger without any agenda.

I would think so. Aside from being better managers, the fact that they'd be permanent appointments would make getting buy-in easier.

But thems the downsides of putting yourself in a position where you have to hire an interim.

I would think so. Aside from being better managers, the fact that they'd be permanent appointments would make getting buy-in easier.

But thems the downsides of putting yourself in a position where you have to hire an interim.
They’d have been allowed to buy players.

I personally still don't get why we play Dalot so much. Wan Bissaka may not be so great going forward but he is a better defender

For all the excuses for Ralf that are based on him not being a permanent appointment, do remember we've had a caretaker manager before, quite recently actually. He took over a side that was awful and achieved the "new manager bounce", then turned that bounce into a run of good form.

The evidence is that Ralf is out of his depth. No surprise given his achievements in the game are average and limited.

For all the excuses for Ralf that are based on him not being a permanent appointment, do remember we've had a caretaker manager before, quite recently actually. He took over a side that was awful and achieved the "new manager bounce", then turned that bounce into a run of good form.

The evidence is that Ralf is out of his depth. No surprise given his achievements in the game are average and limited.

Logic doesn't really hold given that other interim's achivements were more average and more limited.

It's just a case of different managers in different circumstances trying to do different things.

Can see why he functioned well as a DOF as he seems to have a clear idea of how things should function on a big picture level.

As a manager though? Well there's a reason he's only here in an interim capacity. The trick is to not put yourself in a position where you have to pick an interim manager from a host of average options.

Status
Not open for further replies.