Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe this will happen - would be a huge misstep from the new structure and not something I expect them to sanction

ex Liverpool, ex city - the home crowd won't have it

I mean we have a serious lack of GOALS. Why people would be against this I don’t know. He would work perfectly with Zirkzee. It’s a temporary solution to a long term fix which involves removing Antony and Rashford.
Sterling’s last two seasons he scored 9 and 10 goals. Rashford scored 8 last season in one of his worst seasons ever and people are begging for him to be sold.

How can people against this move?

Sancho was terrible for us and Ten Hag + Sancho can't work together!!!

If we get money for Sancho and Sterling (Of course not for a 5-year contract) then we aren't the losers of this deal.
Sterling is the better player and proven in the PL. I've always wanted him before he went to Liverpool, his direct style suits us more than Sancho. And the entire world of united fans on social media are against this which means he'll do well.

Normally I'd say this was just media bollocks but we've got Ashworth now, the guy seems to know what hes doing and capable of pulling off deals like this..

How can people against this move?

Sancho was terrible for us and Ten Hag + Sancho can't work together!!!

If we get money for Sancho and Sterling (Of course not for a 5-year contract) then we aren't the losers of this deal.
Absolute rubbish, even now Sancho is a better player but I am happy if neither him nor ETH is here anyway. Sterling is just another Casemiro, Ronaldo and any past it player we have ever signed.
Actually believe some money laundering/Accountancy shit is going on here if this happens.

No footballing reason to make this happen

I’m on board with getting rid of Sancho and his massive wages, but not if it means bringing in Sterling and his massive wages. Let’s find another solution.

How are Villa going to afford his wages? I was hoping that they would be stuck with him but it looks like the harsh treatment got results pretty quickly.

He's going to have to accept a cut. No club on Earth outside of those in Saudi Arabia are going to pay him anywhere near that.

Is it April fools already?I hope so as he’s nearly 30, on huge wages and himself and his agent complain more than complaints to Ofcom. Thought we were done with this policy?

If this happens, it just tells you that we have not learned anything and there is a cause attached to us. The sheer incompetence this will reveal is unbelievable, literally against correcting all the mishaps that has been made for many years
I think the club are desperate to offload Sancho obviously and if this is the cost then I can understand...

Replace one piece of overpaid deadwood with another? No thanks.

As a forward who’s never scored on the same pitch as United, he’d fit right in with a front line lacking goals though. :o

Dan Ashworth you absolute cretin if you signed off on this deal. There is literally no benefit in this deal for a sporting director and quite alot to lose. Very bad decision.
We were right about Mount etc and here we are

I hope we’re showing interest to push juventus into more favourable terms. Sterling is the last thing we need right now. I’d honestly rather keep Sancho and work with him, there’s a great player in there. There’s definitely not one in sterling

How realistically would a swap work?

United aren't going to pay Sterling 300k a week. So the fact this is even being discussed suggests there is a workaround.

Perhaps Chelsea are willing to take Sancho (and his wages) and pay half of Sterling's wages at United in return for a minimal fee for Sancho? - Probably the best way it suits everyone? United get a small fee and swap a player on huge wages for a player more suited to us and on half the wages. Chelsea get Sancho on a cheaper deal & get rid of a wantaway. Each player is happier

image.png

The telegraph article implies its a straight swap. Chelsea can feck off.

Taking an educated guess I think no money will change hands. Both have roughly the same amortisation value to each club. Chelsea pay him off and let us get him for almost 1/3 of Sancho's wage. That's a win honestly and a massive bonus Shifting Sancho and his wage for no loss.
I'm happy to get rid of Sancho, I'm just hoping the wages and contract length we offer Sterling aren't too hefty.

I honestly don't see how this could be a good deal for us. Absolute mess, makes no sense to buy a Chelsea outcast who is 30 in December. To get rid of our 24 year old that we don't want. The scrutiny that will be leveled at ex city and Liverpool player, when it doesn't go good will be off the chart. It's ludicrous United are considering this.

I think the club are desperate to offload Sancho obviously and if this is the cost then I can understand...
No, this is like taking us back to 2015-2023, literally a bad decision to correct another bad one. I'd say just ride it out with Sancho because bringing a player like Sterling is not new begining. This is like what a Club like Spurs, Liverpool or Newcastle used to do. Just a bad decision no matter how it is spinned!

the only players I would ever want from Chelsea are Lavia and Colwill. Hard pass on helping them out with their Sterling situation ...

I'm on board with getting rid of Sancho, but not if we have to take on Sterling.

The only tiny absolute minute slither of wanting him I have is he becomes a cult hero after scoring the winner at Anfield and doing an Adebayor in front of the diseased Kop. Otherwise, he can fecking 0121.

We shouldn’t be solving Chelsea’s problems. Sterling has gone past his best. More fool us if we get caught with him. He’s another Alexis Sanchez in waiting.

Shows why our attack is so weak really, that a team we're competing for Europa against is forcing out a player who's absolutely dominating our "best" attacker in every area.

We shouldn’t be solving Chelsea’s problems. Sterling has gone past his best. More fool us if we get caught with him. He’s another Alexis Sanchez in waiting.
Would you rather we exile Sancho one 3x the probable wage of Sterling who would actually contribute? Short term solution yeah and in an ideal world we wouldn't have to do it but we don't live in an ideal world. This could save the club a lot of money if Juventus don't want to stump up the cash, which seems likely.

The cost of offloading Sancho cant be signing a cast off on even higher wages and committing to a 3+ year contract.

There's no rationalising it. We can loan Sancho fairly easily, given the interest, and sign a cheap young winger with the freed up wages, even if we're still supplementing them.

The cost of offloading Sancho cant be signing a cast off on even higher wages and committing to a 3+ year contract.

There's no rationalising it. We can loan Sancho fairly easily, given the interest, and sign a cheap young winger with the freed up wages.
He wouldn't be anywhere near being on higher wages would he. Where are you getting that from?

Loan Sancho fairly easily? Yeah if we eat his 350k salary :lol:

Would you rather we exile Sancho one 3x the probable wage of Sterling who would actually contribute? Short term solution yeah and in an ideal world we wouldn't have to do it but we don't live in an ideal world. This could save the club a lot of money if Juventus don't want to stump up the cash, which seems likely.
How much do you think Sterling earns?

On a loan with us only paying about 50% of his wages this makes a lot of sense. Any permanent deal and I don't get it.

IF we permanently get rid of Sancho, IF they give us some cash too, and IF Sterling takes a massive wage cut, then I'd be sort of OK with this.

That's how blinded I am by wanting Sancho to permanently feck off.

How much do you think Sterling earns?
He'd earn significantly less here. Hence the discussion about him settling his contract with Chelsea. Part of the deal would probably be that allowing us to give him like 100-150l and sign him for virtually no fee.

Sterling's rubbish at finishing but has been fine at Chelsea honestly. He'd have way more assists if they had a better finisher. I don't get the hate and wouldn't mind having him for 1 - 2 years on half his wages, and if it means we can get Sancho out for a decent fee.

Like others have said he's a short-term fix while we work on a long-term solution.

I mean we have a serious lack of GOALS. Why people would be against this I don’t know. He would work perfectly with Zirkzee. Its a temporary solution to a long term fix which involves removing Antony and Rashford.
A 3 year contract is not a "temporary" solution, he's on massive wages, he's too old, he's been average to poor for several years, he played for our auld enemies, he's a diving little scrote, and we don't need him.

I've always been annoyed by him as a player, and I really do not want to have another Michael Owen situation watching someone like that in the United shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.