Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is our net spend after ugarte then? Feels like we’ve sold quite a lot
Around 100m, we're heavily hamstrung by the utter disastrous fees and wages handed out by the previous regime. In our most recent set of financial results, the club had £66m in cash. I don't think people realise that even if we could spend with regards to PSR, we're limited by how much money is actually available to spend.

Teams can engage each other saying they want to do things. But only they know the true reasons.

In this scenario no way United takes on Sterling and no way Chelsea settles the Sterling debt while also taking on Sancho demands.

Logic dictates it's a strategic ploy by both clubs to drive up bidding for Sancho and Sterling with 3rd parties.

But surely in order to be a ploy it has to be a potentially viable option.

And all of those players are much better players than Sterling.
Exactly.

He is not going to set the world on fire with his game. He possibly will add another option for us to put on the team sheet.

But he is not the player I would want to bring on when you are chasing a game or going for the win.

We had and have enough players who are really talented but never applied themselves at the club. Rashford, Pogba, Antony, Sancho, Bailly, Falcao and many more.

Sterling hasn't won the champions league and we aren't even in the tournament. Liverpool should be his next destination.

Please let's not add more dross and hope to sell him in another season.

Around 100m, we're heavily hamstrung by the utter disastrous fees and wages handed out by the previous regime. In our most recent set of financial results, the club had £66m in cash. I don't think people realise that even if we could spend with regards to PSR, we're limited by how much money is actually available to spend.
I didn’t think it’d be that high. Sold Greenwood and McTominay around £50m combined. Wan Bissaka for around £18m. Willy for £10m ish. Hannibal for around the same. Assume the obligation on Sancho is the £40m we wanted

Plus the saved wages through non-CL qualification & Varane and Martial leaving.

Feels like we should have some left

I didn’t think it’d be that high. Sold Greenwood and McTominay around £50m combined. Wan Bissaka for around £18m. Willy for £10m ish. Hannibal for around the same. Assume the obligation on Sancho is the £40m we wanted

I highly doubt it tbh, at the start of the window the atheltic said we would have around £50m to spend net, when you see teams with far less debt than us like liverpool be a lot more cautious with their spending, it might put into perspective the financial state of most clubs.

Absolutely not, I have standards.

What are your thoughts of Micheal Owen, beloved Manchester United hero? or daft scouser with stupid opinions that you forget, or maybe blocked out, the fact that he ever played for United.
No you don't have standards, you just have an irrational hatred of Liverpool, rejecting peak Salah or VVD because they played for Liverpool is just cutting your nose off to spite your face

What is our net spend after ugarte then? Feels like we’ve sold quite a lot
I believe that, not including add-ons, we have spent £181m (including Ugarte) and recouped £86m (including McTominay), so c. £95m net spend. We have obviously also got Varane and Martial off the books (and, hopefully, Sancho).

Budget was rumoured to be around £100m, was it not? Seems pretty much bang on. I'd guess that we might yet receive a fee for Lindelof, but it won't be huge.

It isn't selective at all, it's the only information we have to go off right now. It might reduce slightly if Chelsea subsidise a deal but there's no evidence to suggest those terms will change dramatically.
I don't care about the money (it's not mine)... but we need to strengthen elsewhere and I'm not sure he's any better right now than even Sancho

This is what I'd want the football world to think if I were a United exec. Helps with transfer negotiations.
He was championing the Qatar bid to buy United so I have my doubts that he has sources with the INEOS lot

He’s got almost everything wrong since then (and before)

has Scotty actually left?

Hopefully the loan with obligations to buy for Sancho to Juventus will kill off the sterling talk.

Choosing between Chelsea and Juventus if your Sancho should be a no brainer for the latter.
To be a no brainer would require having a brain, are we sure there is one present?

Be interesting to see where Sterling goes as won't be us now Sancho is Juventus bound. I know the majority won't give a toss because not our problem

Give it the big one after managing Leicester and Parma

Won’t be long until the entire squad is done with him

Absolute nobody who will be managing RB Salzburg in 18 months.

Fake it till you make it. Might work. Probably a better approach at Chelsea than going in all humble.

This guy has a big mouth for being a nobody.

He will be gone in a year and won’t even be remembered.
Have to imagine he's only repeating what the higher-ups told him and was maybe encouraged to be vocal. I think it's poor form and silly because in a year he might be out and some of the lepered players might be playing and even performing.

Be interesting to see where Sterling goes as won't be us now Sancho is Juventus bound. I know the majority won't give a toss because not our problem
We could still take him on loan if Chelsea subsidize 40%+ of his wages or something.

Have to imagine he's only repeating what the higher-ups told him and was maybe encouraged to be vocal. I think it's poor form and silly because in a year he might be out and some of the lepered players might be playing and even performing.

We could still take him on loan if Chelsea subsidize 40%+ of his wages or something.

Safe to say chances of them doing that are remote, blimey I thought Sancho was out in cold last season but Maresca doing it to multiple players

Remember when chelsea did same to rudiger, change of manager,he managed to get back in and then rejected a contract and moved to real. Good times.

Safe to say chances of them doing that are remote, blimey I thought Sancho was out in cold last season but Maresca doing it to multiple players
There is a classic tweet by dril about personal budget and buying 3000£ of candles every month that could apply here.

Chelsea's financial strategy gets more nebulous by the day to me, because you'd think trying to nuke the value of your players like that goes contrary to the whole "we can always sell some of those valuable assets we stored in the cellar" thing.

Sancho is young and Chelsea and Juve are hardly clubs that make good decisions. Sancho has been available all summer and no top level club looked in his direction for a reason.

I think Garnacho could have made the squad if he was English. His season was Mainoo level and he always made a positive impact in big games even off the bench. Garnacho last season is underrated by United fans

I’d consider Juventus and Chelsea top clubs, but we can agree to disagree on that. I’m fairly certain PSG were also linked.

Regarding Garnacho, while he performed well, perhaps even on par with Mainoo, it's important to remember that England has an abundance of quality options on the wing. The situation in midfield is different, as shown by Gareth’s decision to bring relatively inexperienced players like Mainoo and Wharton, which highlights the limited depth in that area.

Ye but I bet we watch Sterling play a lot more than Deeney does. As fans we watch games week after week.

Agreed, and I bet our scouting team have watched Sterling a lot more than us, so if they feel he'd be a good addition, then who are we to agrue?

Agreed, and I bet our scouting team have watched Sterling a lot more than us, so if they feel he'd be a good addition, then who are we to agrue?
If there going of the Sterling from Chelsea then they need sacking. Also is it the same scouts that also watched Antony?

Buying Sterling would be a mistake. We would probably sign him to a 3 year contract on good wages and then we get to watch his continued decline. There were very good reasons MC and now Chelsea were willing to let him go.

Don't ruin a good transfer window.

If there going of the Sterling from Chelsea then they need sacking. Also is it the same scouts that also watched Antony?

Sterling at Chelsea has arguably outperformed our wingers, though the bar hasn’t been particularly high. From Dan Ashworth's perspective, if he can bring in a winger who can deliver better performances than what we currently have, it’s an obvious move.

Regarding the scouting team, it’s likely different since INEOS came in this season, but that doesn’t mean they won’t make mistakes. No club gets every signing right.

Status
Not open for further replies.