Pundits during Euro 2024

The BBC lads getting their knickers in a twist over Ten Hags comments about Southgate and Micah Richards accusing him of disrespect is pretty funny.

Although those feckin dweebs will be jumping on any sign of weakness next season, no doubt.

What did ETH say?

I genuinely think Rio is worse. At least Micah mentioned England's inability to control games and maintain possession yesterday. Granted he's not unfurling esoteric knowledge right there, but he at least reacts to what he's watching and has a bit of objectivity. Rio just trades in clichés and pre-written narratives and delivers it with nauseating arrogance.
Yes, Ferdinand has to go. He offers little insight and covers for it with arrogance.

Funny. I was just thinking this afternoon how much the term "influencer" grates and annoys me. Who are these nobodies and which idiots are they influencing? Whenever I hear of someone being referred to as an influencer it is invariably someone I have never heard of and I hope and pray it stays that way!

They are all fecking annoying, all out to make a grift and nothing else. We've now got some of them on things like Soccer Aid. Can't stand them.

The BBC lads getting their knickers in a twist over Ten Hags comments about Southgate and Micah Richards accusing him of disrespect is pretty funny.

Although those feckin dweebs will be jumping on any sign of weakness next season, no doubt.

It's typical response from any pundit, spend their lives criticising players and managers, then if any player/manager calls them out on it they all get offended. Don't dish it out if you cant take it.

They seem to think because he works in England he should carry on like a cheerleader for the English manager on when he's on Dutch TV. It's weird.

It's things like this that make random football fans all over the world celebrate when England get knocked out of a tournament.

Not a pundit but who is the female commentator on BBC? The one who has no expressions but just gets louder when stuffs happening

Happened to switch on RTE at half time.

Kevin Doyle, James McClean and Stephanie Roche.

Doesn't get much worse than that.

On ITV, the tall guy with the French accent, never seen him before in my life. Who is he? If he was an ex player I’d recognise him. His accent is quite thick which is fine, but like, if he isn’t an ex footballer then who is he?

On ITV, the tall guy with the French accent, never seen him before in my life. Who is he? If he was an ex player I’d recognise him. His accent is quite thick which is fine, but like, if he isn’t an ex footballer then who is he?

I'm not watching, but the only one in their punditry lineup who meets the criteria of tall and foreign is Danny Rohl, Sheffield Wednesday's manager. He's German.

No idea what he's doing there either.

RTE have a secret weapon. Dietmar Hamann. Perfect blend of Scouse and German. The Apres Match crew used get great mileage out of him. I’m not being sarky; I genuinely enjoy his input.

RTE have a secret weapon. Dietmar Hamann. Perfect blend of Scouse and German. The Apres Match crew used get great mileage out of him. I’m not being sarky; I genuinely enjoy his input.
Hamann really is special. Always able to pull off some snarky comment and doubles down on it. Both Klopp and Tuchel hate him and commented on his punditry last season, that's quite a feat as most pundit opinions are just ignored.

And he does that while being an idiot and always looking as if someone just pulled him out of a pub :lol:

Hamann really is special. Always able to pull off some snarky comment and doubles down on it. Both Klopp and Tuchel hate him and commented on his punditry last season, that's quite a feat as most pundit opinions are just ignored.

And he does that while being an idiot and always looking as if someone just pulled him out of a pub :lol:
:lol:

Assuming you mean the guy in the studio and I haven't missed someone, it's Danny Rohl - manager of Sheffield Wednesday. He's German btw

The BBC are tremendous, they’ve got commentators who can’t tell when the ball has actually hit the net (as opposed to the side netting).

Quality control
Haven’t watched a few games due to the appalling commentary. Take the Mach that is on now for instance on ITV, some woman wittering on. Oh well it’s a nice day to be sat out in the garden anyway.
And don’t get me started on women pundits, the6 play womens football not mens, I’m fed up with this crap.

I have this theory about Shearer. No one can doubt his abilities as a striker, it came naturally to him.

This explains why he knows nothing about football, because he didn't need to, it all came too easily for him. He didn't need to know the theory, he just got on with it.

Terrible commentator, terrible pundit.

Andros Townsend is so far and away ahead of everything else that’s being served up that it makes them all look stupid.

I have this theory about Shearer. No one can doubt his abilities as a striker, it came naturally to him.

This explains why he knows nothing about football, because he didn't need to, it all came too easily for him. He didn't need to know the theory, he just got on with it.

Spot on!

Not a fan of the Lineker-Shearer-Micah love triangle. No depth to their analysis. It's all fake giggling and hyperbole. They're like three schoolgirls.

Applies to a lot of greats who get into punditry. And across multiple sports (Magic Johnson being a good example - genius as a basketball player, absolute moron when it comes to talking about basketball).

Was actually impressed surprisingly with Micah Richards actually gave some football substance rather than being the usual the guy who laughs, Rio is bad

Was actually impressed surprisingly with Micah Richards actually gave some football substance rather than being the usual the guy who laughs, Rio is bad

You’re kidding?

The highlight of his tactical analysis was: “they just have to work better in attack and defence as a unit Gary!”

Yeah no shit Micah.