Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

"How ethical you are, Your Majesty. Um...can I touch your coat?""
"Sorry - I only like you as a friend."

I take it nobody wants to watch Jose.. but if they do:

Genuine quote:

Mourinho on Willian: 'He's an extra target (to Rooney)'

Mourinho on Mata: 'no speculation. mata is not a player we wan't to lose.'

Mourinho on Rooney: 'In this moment, I don't care (if he comes)'

On players (Rooney probably): 'I am not disappointed, we are willing to try and will try till the end of the season'

On Willian: 'He has already decided' - to go to chelsea? - (nods).

He said there's a need to sign players, but no pressure to do it. Also that we might sign someone, but also we might not.

Moyes on new signings: "There is no pressure to do it. I have an idea of where I need to strengthen. If the right players are available, then great, but there is a possibility nothing may happen."

Moyes On new signings: "There is no pressure to do it. I have an idea of where I need to strengthen. If the right players are available, then great, but there is a possibility nothing may happen."

I was wondering when the ol' "were happy with what we've got" would come out.

Caf meltdown.

He said there's a need to sign players, but no pressure to do it. Also that we might sign someone, but also we might.

Moyes On new signings: "There is no pressure to do it. I have an idea of where I need to strengthen. If the right players are available, then great, but there is a possibility nothing may happen."

Can you imagine if we don't get Fellaini, Everton fans will be gloating that no one wants to sell us players. There again, if we don't get either, then Everton might not get any better anyway. I am sure they would like some money. Would just be like them to sell Fellaini to Arsenal to annoy Moyes.

"There is a possibility nothing will happen, but we are hopeful on bringing in one or two players"

Next Friday : "No one is coming, happy with squad etc."

#PrayforCarrick

Wish one of the reporters would have the guts to say something like ' You'll have to hope Carrick doesn't get injured then' Not sure they would want banning this early in the season.

Well, I'm outraged. I wanted us to sign someone with a glamorous name, like Aluminiuminho or something.

It's true, Tadpolioinho. :D

These reporter always act like they know everything and influence everything, but half the time the are too scared to ask really probing questions.

The most stupid people in the universe are all on Twitter, it seems:

Mourinho: "I think we can start this very nice relation I had with Sir Alex. It's not manager against manager."

Why is Mou always hating on Moyes??

Mourinho has a press conference at 1pm, apparently, so maybe we'll learn something about the Rooney/Mata business then.

PRESS: "Any news about the Rooney bid, José?"
MOU: "Sometimes you want an orange...and sometimes, a pear."
PRESS: "Hahaha! You're so funny and enigmatic, sire."
MOU: "I'm bloody great, aren't I? Mind you, I'm only saying that to take the pressure off my players."
:lol:

fecking hell, looking likely that we won't improve our shite midfield yet again. This really isn't getting any easier on Carrick who is 32 now.

Ah well, we don't need anyone anyway.

How can there be a need to sign players and yet no pressure? Seems like a contradiction - if the quotes are accurate.

He may have said it would be useful to sign a couple of players, but need implies need.

Having said that, I do not believe we won't strengthen before the window shuts.