Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

This is the best day ever. Who needs a new midfield signing when you have an upcoming Moyes press conference to look forward to!

Hopefully they won't waste 30 mins talking about conspiracy theories over Rooney's injury!

I assume it'll mostly be local journos. Lets hope they're all muppets.

Hopefully they won't waste 30 mins talking about conspiracy theories over Rooney's injury!

Ugh, you just know they will.

They should ask something along the lines of 'What do you call a footballer who plays in between the defenders and the forwards?'

To which Moyes' will, of course, reply: 'Phil Jones.'

I can sum up even before the conference.

"Rooney is not for sale, not a fake injury"
"We are working hard to bring players, not my style to name them"
"Welcome here has been amazing blah blah blah"

TBF, if the Thiago to Bayern thing is a done deal like we all expect, Moyes will know.

So if he is asked directly, he should now just say that we put the deal to him and he didn't want to come.

He owes it to us. I wasted nearly two weeks of my life going from semi-on to complete rock to uber flaccid for this transfer.

Now it appears that some are even saying Gareth Barry is a good buy, i appear to have an outy belly button where my schlong used to be :(

TBF, if the Thiago to Bayern thing is a done deal like we all expect, Moyes will know.

So if he is asked directly, he should now just say that we put the deal to him and he didn't want to come.

He owes it to us. I wasted nearly two weeks of my life going from semi-on to complete rock to uber flaccid for this transfer.

Now it appears that some are even saying Gareth Barry is a good buy, i appear to have an outy belly button where my schlong used to be :(

Really?

:wenger:

I hope he doesn't say the usual, 'we were never in for him', then someone should be seriously asking why not.

That would just show we are desperate and are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

TBF, if the Thiago to Bayern thing is a done deal like we all expect...

We don't all expect it at all. Just muppetry nonsense that someone else gets linked to a player we're linked with an it's "it's over, all overboard, close the thread, end the internet, cease the game and depart to planet Neptune to start a new life" nonsense.

All that's happened is we know that there is another team wanting to sign the same player. That's sort of not terribly unusual.

That's alright then. For a moment there, I thought morale had reached a record low .
Well the rumours of a £40m double bid for Fellaini + Baines have surfaced.

That would literally be the worst transfer business in the history of the world.

Anyone know what time this conf kicks off? Can't find info anywhere.

We don't all expect it at all. Just muppetry nonsense that someone else gets linked to a player we're linked with an it's "it's over, all overboard, close the thread, end the internet, cease the game and depart to planet Neptune to start a new life" nonsense.

All that's happened is we know that there is another team wanting to sign the same player. That's sort of not terribly unusual.
To be fair there's not a single sign pointing to him signing for us. I admire your will to cling on but it's done mate.

If he signs i'll buy a shirt and get

Thiago
---7---
Stickles

printed on it.

Not happening.

Lets be straight forward and admit that Moyes first two weeks hasn't been exactly what the supporters expected from him. Apart from a meaningless press conference when he more or less said nothing worth to know the world has been spinning around and we seems to be left on the station.

I expect more clearance regarding Wayne Rooney. Retaining this "not for sale" doesn't work any longer. Give us the real story and move on from there. Right now the club look powerless and without a captain who controls where we are heading. Either the club hold the cards and show him the options or we just bend over and let him run us over. This silence game lead us nowhere.

i also expect a straight forward answer regarding Thiago Alcantara. Yesterday Pep and Bayern come clean in this issue and atm they look like front runners. Either we take on step forward too and come clean of our interest/not interest. This saga is silly now and the club and manager look clueless if this continue.

So far both City and Chelsea have strengthen their squad when we had done nothing. Zaha and the new guy from Uruguay are probably great buys for the future but we need new world class players for this season. Once again we look so clueless and amateurish compared to our rivals.

All in all I'm disappointed with Moyes first two weeks. He hasn't done anything wrong but so far I could have done the same. You need balls to take over from Sir Alex, nothing will come easy and everybody wan't to test your ability and if you are up for it. This is why I initially preferred Mou. Now it is like it is and I back our manager 100% but not forever.

Step forward David Moyes and show the world who you are!

Lets be straight forward and admit that Moyes first two weeks hasn't been exactly what the supporters expected from him. Apart from a meaningless press conference when he more or less said nothing worth to know the world has been spinning around and we seems to be left on the station.

I expect more clearance regarding Wayne Rooney. Retaining this "not for sale" doesn't work any longer. Give us the real story and move on from there. Right now the club look powerless and without a captain who controls where we are heading. Either the club hold the cards and show him the options or we just bend over and let him run us over. This silence game lead us nowhere.

i also expect a straight forward answer regarding Thiago Alcantara. Yesterday Pep and Bayern come clean in this issue and atm they look like front runners. Either we take on step forward too and come clean of our interest/not interest. This saga is silly now and the club and manager look clueless if this continue.

So far our both City and Chelsea have strengthen their squad when we had done nothing. Zaha and the new guy from Uruguay are probably great buys for the future but we need new world class players for this season. Once again we look so clueless and amateurish compared to our rivals.

All in all I'm disappointed with Moyes first two weeks. He hasn't done anything wrong but so far I could have done the same. You need balls to take over from Sir Alex, nothing will come easy and everybody wan't to test your ability and if you are up for it. This is why I initially preferred Mou. Now it is like it is and I back our manager 100% but not forever.

Pretty much everything you just said has one massive flaw associated with it:

You're linking what we know with what is actually happening behind the scenes.

Until something is decided for definite why should they come out and tell the public everything that's going on? Why do we have to come clean about interest in Thiago? If the kid himself knows we're interested then that's what matters. Yes it'd be nice to get a confirmation if the deal is looking like it's fallen through but if there's stuff still going on behind the scenes he doesn't have to tell us feck all about it.

I mean, what did you expect? Did you want him to stroll into his first press conference, call City gay, tell everyone Rooney was a cheeky cnut and that he's told him it's his way or the highway, tell everyone the Glazers had better put their hand in their pocket?

He's been quiet, dignified and subtle in everything he's done so far. Just because we don't know what he's been doing in private doesn't mean he's not doing anything. If Thiago didn't want to come, Moyes saying in public 'i want him' isn't going to make a difference when the lad already knows we want him. Sir Alex wouldn't have changed his mind if Pep has convinced him.

So far both City and Chelsea have strengthen their squad when we had done nothing. Zaha and the new guy from Uruguay are probably great buys for the future but we need new world class players for this season. Once again we look so clueless and amateurish compared to our rivals.

Listen to yourself. He's had two fecking weeks. Get a grip.

Asked about Thiago Alcantara.

DM: I never said he was a target.

:lol::lol:

"There are targets we're chasing at this moment in time," revealed Moyes at a press conference in Bangkok. "At this moment in time, we're happy with how things are going."

"There are targets we're chasing at this moment in time," revealed Moyes at a press conference in Bangkok. "At this moment in time, we're happy with how things are going."

I sure would like to know who these alleged 'targets' are. Not too many wankworthy names popping into my head at the moment.

Christ on a bike.