Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

As soon as he said CATEGORICALLY that he would not talk about any players under contract from other clubs (like he has done at Everton before), I dont see how the press can ask about Thiago.

Thought he handled that very well and already established a 'MOYES'ite' principle. So did not surprise me that there was no follow up from press on Thiago.

Whether we sign Thiago or not, Moyes won we over on that approach.

Integrity.

I don't think Moyes could be all fierce and mean to the press in his first press conference. He probably wanted to give a good impression and he had no right being 'arrogant' just because he's been appointed the new man utd manager. I'm as time passes I'm sure he'd show abit of attitude towards the press.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I liked the bit when he spoke back to the reporter who asked him "Can you categorically state..." and Moyes, noticeably a bit angry, said "I can categorically state that Wayne won't be sold...". Seemed like a shut the feck up already sort of statement.

Pointless interview. Reporter just asked everything that was asked in the press conference already

BOLLOX.

This is our 1st new manager interview in 25 years. You may not have had any news to blast in your twitter feed (actually, you have Rooney WILL NOT BE SOLD), this interview was as much about his confidence projection and poise as was the content.

Given the facts at his disposal, he did as well as anyone could have.

for me, THUMBS UP for David Moyes. He is a good lad.

I've actually been rather impressed with how calm and collected Moyes has been through all of this today.

yeah, I loved that. CAn you even begin to imagine the pressure he was under?!

Good signs for when he feels real pressure after 2 consecutive defeats which will happen sooner or later.

It was clear he wasn't going to say anything, the fact that he kept asking the same question is just a waste of time and questions.

Has had loads on MUFC press training already. Im glad for him. SAF sometikems had to take unacceptable crap from the mediyaa.

BOLLOX.

This is our 1st new manager interview in 25 years. You may not have had any news to blast in your twitter feed (actually, you have Rooney WILL NOT BE SOLD), this interview was as much about his confidence projection and poise as was the content.

Given the facts at his disposal, he did as well as anyone could have.

for me, THUMBS UP for David Moyes. He is a good lad.

Eh? I was talking about the interview with MUTV after the press conference, and specifically about the interviewer who asked him the same questions as was asked in the press conference minutes before

What was the thing about forgetting Young's name?

He said there was a couple of injury doubts for the tour and mentioned Young and Smalling. He then couldn't remember his name again when had to recall it for clarification after going on some tangent about Nani getting a nose operation or something.

He said there was a couple of injury doubts for the tour and mentioned Young and Smalling. He then couldn't remember his name again when had to recall it for clarification after going on some tangent about Nani getting a nose operation or something.

no big deal. Lets not make it one!

I know Moyes has been instructed to say this, but it cringes me when he's compelled to mention 'AON' as well when making a reference to our training ground/complex

One thing that is now 101% clear ..... Moyes was SAF's and MUFC's unequivocal first choive to take over after SAF.

The club got the man they wanted.

Ha! It's like some of you forgot how Mourinho's first press conference was conducted. The content itself was very dull and I almost fell asleep at my desk watching it. This one wasn't going to be any different. The more interesting information will come later. As others stated, this first presser was all about Moyes stating to the press and to the world he is the manager of Manchester United and he means business.

In terms of formations and all the other miniscule details, we will find out more later. Today is the beginning of a new era. One step at a time from here on out. I was pleased to hear how he views the academy. Maintaining our traditions is paramount for this club and I am slowly warming up to this appointment. As for the talk on Rooney, I will leave that for another thread.

I think that Moyes handled it all very well, very impressed. He has my full backing and I'd like to think that every genuine United fan does too at this stage. Roll on the new season!

Unsurprisingly, he dealt with it well. He's a solid guy.

The press conference itself was fairly by-the-numbers for the most part. The only interesting thing to come out of it was how Moyes was offered the job...by Ferguson asking him to come over to his house, revealing to him that he's retiring, then telling Moyes "you're the new Manchester United manager".

He was impressive and spoke very well. I wonder how Fergie would have dealt with the Rooney question though? The press seemed to think they could bully Moyes into an answer. They would never have dreamed talking to SAF like that.

Finally saw the thing. feck me, the press are cnuts. New Man Utd manager after 26 years and they spent half the time talking about Rooney. I was surprised at how aggressive some of the questioning, clearly trying to bully him into giving an answer. Moyes for the most part seemed fine but he did look annoyed at certain moments. Compare that to the blowjob that Mourinho received when he got here.

All I can say is, Moyes will need to learn fast how to handle the extra scrutiny because once these cnuts get on top it gets very very difficult.

Finally saw the thing. feck me, the press are cnuts. New Man Utd manager after 26 years and they spent half the time talking about Rooney. I was surprised at how aggressive some of the questioning, clearly trying to bully him into giving an answer. Moyes for the most part seemed fine but he did look annoyed at certain moments. Compare that to the blowjob that Mourinho received when he got here.

All I can say is, Moyes will need to learn fast how to handle the extra scrutiny because once these cnuts get on top it gets very very difficult.

Agreed mate I thought the same. Fergie would have told them to feck right off.

No doubt about that.

Well, we could've expected the press to concentrate on "England's Wayne Rooney"; truth is though, perhaps the press know a thing or two about Rooney's next choice of club, hence their persistence.

He was totally dodging the Rooney question, in some ways, his wording was precise and unchanging even given the different wording of the question.

Basically, Wayne hasn't said I'm staying, because the root cause of his issues haven't been resolved... yet, the press were just being cnuts to Moyes cause they thought they could trick an answer out of him.

I like how he handled himself, he looked calm whole time, even though it's probably hard to stay calm after all those questions about Rooney. I am sure Fergie would go mad after two or three those questions.

That part about Fergie saying him "Come to my house", and later "You are the next Manchester United manager" without even asking him does he want the job, is classic Fergie. :lol: Frogie z da king.

The press conference wasn't there to judge Moyes' suitability as the next US presidential candidate. He's a football man, and he'll be judged on his teams performances on the pitch. Media is merely a side issue, and possibly a distraction.

I don't know why when I log into the United site I can't watch the presser. Anywhere I can get a capped version of it or anything??

edit: Derp it's above.

That part about Fergie saying him "Come to my house", and later "You are the next Manchester United manager" without even asking him does he want the job, is classic Fergie. :lol: Frogie z da king.
:lol: It's vintage Ferguson. The guy writes fecking legends in whatever he does. Great man, great manager.

Whether we like it or not Rooney is big news, he sells papers and is a top top player, I don't get why some don't understand why the media kept pressing about him.
Did you expect them to ask if Rooney was staying, Moyes to answer the way he did and them to just say ok let's move on to the next subject.
It would have been the same if it was Suarez at Liverpool or any other top player at another club.
Not saying I like the way they kept banging on about it but I didn't expect any different.

United are traditionalists. One of the reasons Moyes will have been chosen is the his manner of working. Simple and hopefully efficient, just like the press conference yesterday.

United are traditionalists. One of the reasons Moyes will have been chosen is the his manner of working. Simple and hopefully efficient, just like the press conference yesterday.
Slms bro.

Yeah absolutely. I've preferred Moyes for a long, long time. Ethics, integrity, respect etc are in abundance.

My only concern at the moment is whether or not Moyes has that bit of cuntishness/ruthlessness about him to make some big decisions & back himself, when needed. I think at this level, you need it.

I think we all want him to succeed.

Unsurprisingly, he dealt with it well. He's a solid guy.

The press conference itself was fairly by-the-numbers for the most part. The only interesting thing to come out of it was how Moyes was offered the job...by Ferguson asking him to come over to his house, revealing to him that he's retiring, then telling Moyes "you're the new Manchester United manager".
Yeah that had me cracking up like crazy :lol: As has been said, that was classic Fergie - thrusting responsibility onto a younger person who he believed in.

Is this the David Moyes version of Gill's "warchest to spend" and then Fergie's "happy with the squad" a few days later?