Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

What did Mourinho do in his first conference? Talk about himself and how he loves the club, talk about how happy he was to be back, that he hopes to have continued success.

Seriously, what did you guys expect?

How about:
  • Impact of replacing back room staff with his Everton staff, who have little European experience?
  • Effect of De Gea losing such an important mentor like Eric Steele
  • Interest in Baines, and position with Evra?
  • Players out on loan, what will happen: Bebe, Fabio, Henriquez
  • What he is looking for on the Far East tour specifically?
  • Formations he favours with the players available
Just questions like those. Ok he may not respond, but these fecking journalists should ask stuff like that, shouldn't they?

SUMMARY:
  • Thought he dealt with Rooney situation brilliantly: New dawn, fresh slate, and we will get Rooney into a position to become our record goal scorer. Just so you know, no matter what went on before, ROONEY IS NOT FOR SALE
  • Vidic is my captain and he is nit for sale so feck off gossip mongers
  • Club unable to complete any transfer business in time for this conference ... BUT we are looking at the bets young players in the world ... watch this space. Thiago et al still ON
  • BUT ... Im not a gossip monger and never will be
  • 100% bought into the culture and DNA of the club, youth policy, attacking football, winner mentality, I'M GAME.
  • Came across with stature, pedigree, confidence whilst being grateful, humble and respectful of the opportunity afforded to him.

MY THOUGHTS
Did better than I expected ... and I can see what SAF see's in him. No nonsense, principled and can take to medium/lorn term view.

CONCLUSION
Game on. I was thinking was Mourinho would have been like in this situation, and Im a Mourinho fanboi and wanted him to take over SAF, BUT .... watching this, SAF was right (as he always is), Moyes fits our club better than Mourinho. Our fame comes from our hard work and not from our brand/PR.

LAST WORD
SAF is a genius. For the first time since the announcement, I feel good about Moyes. Today, I happily accept him as our new manager and really look forward to supporting him.

some Everton fans seem angry that Moyes' wants to sign Everton players, in this case Baines.

A very predictable conference covering the main topics.

Very composed approach from Moyes and said what needed to be said.

Now he's had his moment, business really starts in the public eye.

SUMMARY:
  • Thought he dealt with Rooney situation brilliantly: New dawn, fresh slate, and we will get Rooney into a position to become our record goal scorer. Just so you know, no matter what went on before, ROONEY IS NOT FOR SALE
  • Club unable to complete any transfer business in time for this conference ... BUT we are looking at the bets young players in the world ... watch this space. Thiago et al still ON
  • 100% bought into the culture and DNA of the club, youth policy, attacking football, winner mentality, I'M GAME.
  • Came across with stature, pedigree, confidence whilst being grateful, humble and respectful of the opportunity afforded to him.

MY THOUGHTS
Did better than I expected ... and I can see what SAF see's in him. No nonsense, principled and can take to medium/lorn term view.

CONCLUSION
Game on. I was thinking was Mourinho would have been like in this situation, and Im a Mourinho fanboi and wanted him to take over SAF, BUT .... watching this, SAF was right (as he always is), Moyes fits our club better than Mourinho. Our fame comes from our hard work and not from our brand/PR.

LAST WORD
SAF is a genius. For the first time since the announcement, I feel good about Moyes. Today, I happily accept him as our new manager and really look forward to supporting him.

Excellent summary, he did exceptionally well and looks to be a very good choice. I told you so :)

I'm sure part of SAF's advice to Moyes concerned dealing with the media, especially the first press conference. It doesn't serve MUFC to give journalists any more than they need to make a story, especially if there is genuinely nothing concrete to talk about. Now the "First Press Conference" is out of the way without any tremors it means the idea of Moyes being the manager will only become more normal as time goes on. Job done.

I'm sure part of SAF's advice to Moyes concerned dealing with the media, especially the first press conference. It doesn't serve MUFC to give journalists any more than they need to make a story, especially if there is genuinely nothing concrete to talk about. Now the "First Press Conference" is out of the way without any tremors it means the idea of Moyes being the manager will only become more normal as time goes on. Job done.

What utter nonsense. Why bother having a boring non-informative press conference then?

SUMMARY:
MY THOUGHTS

CONCLUSION

LAST WORD

Good summary, but you missed out on something big. Nani is having a nose operation :lol: I feel that needs to be understood.

How about:
  • Impact of replacing back room staff with his Everton staff, who have little European experience?
  • Effect of De Gea losing such an important mentor like Eric Steele
  • Interest in Baines, and position with Evra?
  • Players out on loan, what will happen: Bebe, Fabio, Henriquez
  • What he is looking for on the Far East tour specifically?
  • Formations he favours with the players available
Just questions like those. Ok he may not respond, but these fecking journalists should ask stuff like that, shouldn't they?

He didn't go into specifics with regards to formations, but mentioning that the results trump entertaining play, is as much information as anyone could hope for.

What more did you expect other than:

- I'm David Moyes
- Sir Alex chose me
- I'll do my best to continue success and traditions
- Rooney
- Looking forward to the challenge
- Now feck off, you've got the gist of it, we're cut from the same cloth.

They were obviously going to press Moyes about Rooney. It's arguably the most important topic in football right now. Everyone wants to know if he's staying and if he actually wants to stay. They kept asking because they never really got a true answer about it.

As much as we are all desperate for Thiago, it's nowhere near as big of an issue as Rooney.

They were obviously going to press Moyes about Rooney. It's arguably the most important topic in football right now. Everyone wants to know if he's staying and if he actually wants to stay. They kept asking because they never really got a true answer about it.

As much as we are all desperate for Thiago, it's nowhere near as big of an issue as Rooney.

I disagree. Purely football-wise, I couldn't care less if Rooney stays or not, not now. Our central midfield desperately needs strengthening - we're not going to win the Prem again with the players we have available next season.

I disagree. Purely football-wise, I couldn't care less if Rooney stays or not, not now. Our central midfield desperately needs strengthening - we're not going to win the Prem again with the players we have available next season.

I am not saying we don't need to strengthen but there were plenty on here who were saying the same thing a year ago.

But of course. You're a United fan. Alot of us are fed up of the Rooney saga, and if he doesn't want to be here, then we don't care if he goes. But the rest of the world certainly find the topic of one of our most iconic players of recent times possibly on the cusp of leaving more intriguing than which Spanish prodigy we may or may not be signing. To everyone else and to the United fans who still love Rooney, The Rooney issue is huge.

It was clear he wasn't going to say anything, the fact that he kept asking the same question is just a waste of time and questions.

Says we're trying to get the best players but thinks it's wrong/disrespectful to name specific players. Doing everything he can to strengthen the squad.

He's being interviewed on MUTV right now. Is there a thread for this?

He's basically repeating what was said at the Press Conference. Didn't mention any transfer targets.

He's basically repeating what was said at the Press Conference. Didn't mention any transfer targets.

Pointless interview. Reporter just asked everything that was asked in the press conference already

Anyone say Thiago specifically? You can get a lot just by asking the question if you look at how he reacts to it.

I thought the press run over him at times especially during the Rooney questions, it really goes to show how much respect SAF had they would have never barked questions at him like that.

What utter nonsense. Why bother having a boring non-informative press conference then?

Because you have to have a press conference. What do you think United wanted to get out of that conference, besides getting it out of the way? Pretty simple concept for anyone who's seen a press conference before.

Anyone say Thiago specifically? You can get a lot just by asking the question if you look at how he reacts to it.

As Jeston said, it was a pointless interview. No difference from the press conference. No transfer targets spoken of by either party. I'm sure the journalists at the Press Conference were specifically told not to mention any transfer names, otherwise I can't imagine a situation where none of them would ask about transfers, at the very least about Baines.

He said he wouldn't talk about specific players. Was funny when Stewart Gardener asked if anyone would be in before August, before changing it to 'before the start of the season'. I wondered if he had Thiagos clause in mind when asking that question.

It's easy to understand. Those journos must be given a list of question can be asked. They have to abide for it if they care about their future access to United. Hence the standard 'questions'.

I thought the press run over him at times especially during the Rooney questions, it really goes to show how much respect SAF had they would have never barked questions at him like that.

I don't think Moyes could be all fierce and mean to the press in his first press conference. He probably wanted to give a good impression and he had no right being 'arrogant' just because he's been appointed the new man utd manager. I'm as time passes I'm sure he'd show abit of attitude towards the press.