Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

Idiotic jounos. Spent 20 minutes asking about Rooney.

Could have easily asked about our transfer dealings without asking about or expecting concrete names. Are we any close to signing someone? How many new players can we expect? We might not have gotten an answer, but it was bloody obvious after 2 minutes that we weren't going to hear anything about Rooney.

Well handled by Moyes although he dodged questions about Rooney's future but I think he will ensure that he will stay. Good quote on buying the best young players available (Thiago & Strootman). Sensibly spoken by Moyes and a good first appearances for the club.

That was pretty straightforward as expected. He was trying to dodge the Rooney situation as much as possible. Looks like the club doesn't want him to leave but he's intent otherwise. No wonder he's in his best shape in the last 5 years

Thought he did alright on the whole. He was definitely squirming when they continued with the Rooney questions though.

He said he wouldn't discuss players in contracts with other clubs - I like that, it's fair and it's something that we should be happy about.
We constantly complain about Madrid and Barcelona trying to lure players with press conferences.

He handled the conference great. Pointing out that Rooney is close to the records was definitely something I was hoping for.. Rooney himself tweeted earlier in the season he had no idea and how it would be incredible to be up there with the other top players (or something along those lines..).

I think that we couldn't have asked for more. The signing of Thiago may have actually overshadowed the conference, and we may not have got the same information from Moyes.
I was expecting it to hit home that Ferguson had left and I would be perhaps slightly disappointed that this man couldn't live up to him. Obviously, it's his on pitch results that we will judge for him ultimately - but for now, I was pleasantly surprised. It's more of the same, a continuation of what Fergie left us with.

'United will always be interested in the best players in the world' is always nice to hear too.

I think we can all be pleased with what we just saw today. Great start.

EDIT: For people say he was squirming a little and found the Rooney questions uncomfortable - can we all honestly say Ferguson would have handled it better, or any other manager? What was he supposed to say when getting badgered?

Think back to Fergie on Real Madrid when discussing Ronaldo. I think he did good.

Idiotic jounos. Spent 20 minutes asking about Rooney.

Could have easily asked about our transfer dealings without asking about or expecting concrete names. Are we any close to signing someone? How many new players can we expect? We might not have gotten an answer, but it was bloody obvious after 2 minutes that we weren't going to hear anything about Rooney.

Exactly what I was thinking. Journalists really are dumbasses. Same questions repeated over and over.

What was that question about when refused to discuss other players... was it Thiago?

It was decent of him not to talk about targets I think. I hate it when managers tap up players through conferences like this, and coming out to the press about players, like he said in his own words, "who are under contract at a different club". Respect for that.

These journos never ask the questions that all of us really care about. Useless.

He said he wouldn't discuss players in contracts with other clubs - I like that, it's fair and it's something that we should be happy about.
We constantly complain about Madrid and Barcelona trying to lure players with press conferences.

He handled the conference great. Pointing out that Rooney is close to the records was definitely something I was hoping for.. Rooney himself tweeted earlier in the season he had no idea and how it would be incredible to be up there with the other top players (or something along those lines..).

I think that we couldn't have asked for more. The signing of Thiago may have actually overshadowed the conference, and we may not have got the same information from Moyes.
I was expecting it to hit home that Ferguson had left and I would be perhaps slightly disappointed that this man couldn't live up to him. Obviously, it's his on pitch results that we will judge for him ultimately - but for now, I was pleasantly surprised. It's more of the same, a continuation of what Fergie left us with.

'United will always be interested in the best players in the world' is always nice to hear too.

I think we can all be pleased with what we just saw today. Great start.

The press conference revealed nothing that was of any import. So we learned that Young, Smalling and Nani will probably miss the tour. Wow fecking wee, is anyone interested in Young and Smalling...really?

No, because everyone kept asking the same questions about Rooney. He did mention that Nani is coming back from injury and might not go on tour.

Damn, I was hoping Moyes might have talked up some of our other players amidst the dopey journo questions.

Don't worry I think this was for TV reporters. Now he'll spend some time with newspaper journos, may get more insight from him.

Liked the line about academy players.

They're more interested in headlines than information. They'd rather get a simple 'Rooney says he wants to stay' or 'Rooney refuses to commit future to United' than any in-depth answers about Moyes' footballing intentions, feelings about following Fergie, transfer intentions etc.

The press conference revealed nothing that was of any import. So we learned that Young, Smalling and Nani will probably miss the tour. Wow fecking wee, is anyone interested in Young and Smalling...really?

What did Mourinho do in his first conference? Talk about himself and how he loves the club, talk about how happy he was to be back, that he hopes to have continued success.

Seriously, what did you guys expect?

To be honest, that press confrence was a bit of a anti-climax after reading Solus' prediction of it before han :(

Why should he agree not to sign any players from Everton, Bill Kenwright must be joking.

I really hope he adds some arrogance and meanness in his future dealings with the press :)

David came across very politician like.

Answered questions without really answering questions.

It's easy to say after the fact but it was obvious he wasn't going to come out and say yes we are signing this or that player, I don't know why anyone would get their knickers all wet thinking that he would.
It was a pretty standard presser with the majority of it spent on what will fill the most pages tomorrow morning (Rooney).
Was happy with the way he handled it but didn't expect any different to be honest, it's not like he is a bloke they have dragged in off the street and thrown in front of the cameras, he has done this once or twice before.
Oh well if anything it gives the transfer muppets the chance to close the gap in the Thiago thread, they might just hit sneijder level yet!!