Premier League Week 29 5/6 March

A small optimistic (and deluded) part of me wants Leicester to lose. If they do and we win we're 7 points behind and have to play them at home. It's on!

Its a case of do we support the current number one or do we risk helping the others by supporting against Leicester and actually winning when we get them at home....

Its a case of do we support the current number one or do we risk helping the others by supporting against Leicester and actually winning when we get them at home....

Best case we can hope for is our form is sensational, and one of the 2 Londoners or City continue their patchy form, whilst Leicester ride in with a few wins.
Leaving us free to smash them in our game.

Support Leicester while Utd still have chance of winning the title

lol

Do you really believe we have a shot at the title? Be serious. We'll do very well to get top 4. Meaning Leicester are by far the best choice of the others to win it, on a "how arseholey their fans are" basis.

Bar Gary Crisps boy, who even knows a Leicester fan?

I just can't see us winning practically every game from now on. I felt more confident after the Arsenal game but the Watford game lowered my expectations.

People will cheer on Leicester later today?

We could be just 7 points behind with nine more games to come.

Or we could be 13 points off, and 3 off top 4, with City to play who also have an extra game!
Not to mention Leciester playing Newcastle at home next week!

Or we could be 13 points off, and 3 off top 4, with City to play who also have an extra game!
Not to mention Leciester playing Newcastle at home next week!

Well, of course we could. Then I'll maybe change my favourites, but at this moment, please Watford, do your job.

When did Bournemouth start wearing pink kits? Surprisingly, it looks great.

The fact that the standard of the PL is shit? Duh.

But it has no relation to the other. Just because we've had some bad results doesn't mean we shouldn't be high up in the league.

In a competitive league like this anyone can drop points.

Do you really believe we have a shot at the title? Be serious. We'll do very well to get top 4. Meaning Leicester are by far the best choice of the others to win it, on a "how arseholey their fans are" basis.

Bar Gary Crisps boy, who even knows a Leicester fan?
True, but not until Utd are completely out of the race

But it has no relation to the other. Just because we've had some bad results doesn't mean we shouldn't be high up in the league.

In a competitive league like this anyone can drop points.
I'd spell it out for you but I still don't think you'd understand/stop WUMing/care.

I appreciate this is a longshot but would anyone happen to have an iPad friendly stream for Chelsea vs Stoke?

PM if you have.

Great result that 2-2 draw. Win our two games in hand and we're not a million miles from positions 2-4.

So are others but I'd like CL footy next season.

Everton all over West Ham so far. This one looks a comfortable home win already.

On another note, I know we joke about City not filling their ground, but cripes today looks super empty!

Why on earth do they think they need a bigger ground?

I bet the official attendance suggests it was a full house though.

I don't mind them winning as many as thanks they want, I just want them to lose/draw today. We have a good chance of catching them.

A good chance? Sure, a small, theoretical chance, but a GOOD chance? Nah.

Great result that 2-2 draw. Win our two games in hand and we're not a million miles from positions 2-4.

So are others but I'd like CL footy next season.

:lol:
Ah the famous scouse sense of humour.

I'd spell it out for you but I still don't think you'd understand/stop WUMing/care.

Well it doesn't.

Your two points are

1) we are really bad
2) the fact we're not that far away from a good place in the league makes it a bad league.

I'd take issue with a) and say we're not bad. Not at all. We actually have a very good squad and staff. However we are made to think we're bad because we drop points against lower positioned teams frequently.

I'd then say actually, there's six English teams still in Europe (and that's not including the league leaders) and they're generally seen as really big clubs. The league is just so strong throughout that lower placed teams occasionally beat and draw with others.

Well it doesn't.

Your two points are

1) we are really bad
2) the fact we're not that far away from a good place in the league makes it a bad league.

I'd take issue with a) and say we're not bad. Not at all. We actually have a very good squad and staff. However we are made to think we're bad because we drop points against lower positioned teams frequently.

I'd then say actually, there's six English teams still in Europe (and that's not including the league leaders) and they're generally seen as really big clubs. The league is just so strong throughout that lower placed teams occasionally beat and draw with others.
Three of whom are in the Europa (one by default), Arsenal are basically out, Chelsea are behind, and City came up against the worst team in the last 16. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the quality.

We've been really underpar this season and the fact that we're still so close to top four simply shows how poor the standards have been at the top. If this were 4-5 years ago we'd be miles off.

"Oh let Leicester win, they are better than Spurs, Arsenal and Citeh". Oh please, feck off. Every other team winning the league is the same for us.

Not really. They are nothing to us, not hated rivals.

Were you one of those "oh let Stevie G win one title, go on" types?

Literally less than a week ago people were calling me deluded for saying we can get top four.

Of course we still have a chance. Ranieri'a boys could easily flip.

Shame it's Villa. I reckon City would have dropped points against any decent side.